Looking very good for a vaccine so we can enjoy sports

Is this a new field of study where by @Paranos choice in women are analyzed and weighed?
Ask @No_Fly_Zone - I’ve specifically asked that Androol add the vomit emoji because of those posts of P-man’s. ****, I’d be fine if it’s situationally available- like it is automatically an option only when Paranos posts gifs and memes.

Advertisement
Form Bloomberg News--
Just couldn’t help yourself, huh guy??? Lol

A8A3F76C-4694-43BD-BD8F-ADDE2FC6C570.jpeg

So the bad news is that I’ve banned @1953 again. But... the good news is that I’ve opened up one of your other 5-6 accounts so that you can carry on accordingly. You’ll just have to figure out which one.... which is what I’ve been doing for the past 2 months in case you’re wondering why different accounts of yours open and close randomly.

I just can’t let you continue freely and un-molested. You’re gonna have to work for it a little. Sometimes I’ll ban the upvoting or responding account and sometimes I’ll ban the quoted account but I’ll open another one in it’s place so you’ll always have 2 available to interact so no worries.... or is it intra-act?

Last edited:
flu vaccine isn’t very effective - last year’s vaccine was not even 30% efficacy. Covid vaccine is expected to be close to 90%. That’s a big difference. Having said that, given that only half this country would probably want the vaccine, I agree that therapeutics will also be key in this ****nal

Flu vaccine can be very effective but it's a year by year thing and all based on how rapidly the virus mutates. The mutation patterns are tacked year round and then health authorities choose the strains they think will be most prevalent according to several criteria. Sometimes they hit, others they miss.

The good thing is even when they miss, the strains are usually close enough to allow the body a quicker/stronger response, so for many the symptoms are less than that without the vaccine. But yes, that's why Tamiflu/anti-virals are also made as a treatment after infection. I would expect COVID to be the same.

Flu vaccine can be very effective but it's a year by year thing and all based on how rapidly the virus mutates. The mutation patterns are tacked year round and then health authorities choose the strains they think will be most prevalent according to several criteria. Sometimes they hit, others they miss.

The good thing is even when they miss, the strains are usually close enough to allow the body a quicker/stronger response, so for many the symptoms are less than that without the vaccine. But yes, that's why Tamiflu/anti-virals are also made as a treatment after infection. I would expect COVID to be the same.
I don’t know what to expect of Covid. It could nearly completely disappear or linger for years...but yes, one of the possibilities is that it lingers, maybe in a different mutated form, and possibly even one in which a yearly vaccine, like the flu, is given...or it could turn into another cold virus. Like prior coronaviruses.

As far as drugs like Tamiflu, they’re most effective when given earlier in the flu/viral infections, within the first 2 days. They’re not completely ineffective as a treatment when given later, as a treatment after infection has fully taken hold after 2 days, but that is significantly less than ideal.

This is just basic stuff from the package insert and the CDC, of which I’m sure you’re already aware

Listen, Im in the health industry and see 8 to 10 COVID patients per day. You guys better start reading on the virus and stop repeating the BS you hear on television. There is no herd immunity and if the pandemic stay around you will require a vaccine this year n next. The risk is not getting sick its dying. Between January an April, 30 children died of Covid in Florida, 190 died of Flu. After April over 40000 childdren have gotten the virus only 9 have died. Its an RNA virus like the Flu this is why every year you need a vaccine, The vaccine does not stop you from getting the virus , but in case you get it it helps you survive. The only unusual thing about the virus it is very contagious, it has mutated 30 x's already, and the mortality rate has dropped by 85%. Every year 40to 60 thousand people die of the Flu, we never close the economy or schools.

Advertisement
I don’t know what to expect of Covid. It could nearly completely disappear or linger for years...but yes, one of the possibilities is that it lingers, maybe in a different mutated form, and possibly even one in which a yearly vaccine, like the flu, is given...or it could turn into another cold virus. Like prior coronaviruses.

As far as drugs like Tamiflu, they’re most effective when given earlier in the flu/viral infections, within the first 2 days. They’re not completely ineffective as a treatment when given later, as a treatment after infection has fully taken hold after 2 days, but that is significantly less than ideal.

This is just basic stuff from the package insert and the CDC, of which I’m sure you’re already aware

If anything mutations of the virus will tend to weaken it rather than strengthen it. If it sticks around I think it will become less fatal than its novel strain.

If anything mutations of the virus will tend to weaken it rather than strengthen it. If it sticks around I think it will become less fatal than its novel strain.

Possibly. All possibilities are just that, until they actually occur.

The data clearly shows that deaths and death rates (percentages) are significantly lower. Plenty of theories as to why (including greater numbers of younger getting the infection) but no one has reached an absolute scientifically proven conclusion.

Advertisement
Absolutely not a tough guy, but my gym muscles have kept any crazy mask nuts from saying a word to me not wearing one. A Manager at wawa and gun store asked politely though.
It’s more dangerous for some than others. If you were in a high mortality risk group, it wouldn’t be so crazy for you to feel the same way as some of the mask nuts.

Possibly. All possibilities are just that, until they actually occur.

The data clearly shows that deaths and death rates (percentages) are significantly lower. Plenty of theories as to why (including greater numbers of younger getting the infection) but no one has reached an absolute scientifically proven conclusion.
I know viruses are not exactly considered living, but in living organisms mutations are rarely advantageous to survival.

This!

The fastest time for a vaccine to ever hit the market has been 4 years. This here is "fake news", you all can be the guinea pigs.

This is the beginning of a zombie movie playing out in real time
From scratch - and that was mumps.

COVID-19 is similar to other viruses we have already seen and began research/vaccines for, so the overall timeline is reduced because of the work completed upfront on those outbreaks. Sanofi and GSK, etc are going this route.

With the technology of company like Moderna, it's all about the mRNA protein they need to use for COVID. Just about everything else they would use/do throughout their development and manufacturing process would be the same, regardless of virus.....so less time is spent there. It's all about efficacy and safety timelines. Pfizer's vaccine is using mRNA technology as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I heard cocaine kils everything. Just saying. Maybe why the 3 baseheads on nw 3rd ave haven't caught a sniffle...

Several companies are in the race. Keep an eye on Curevac and Astrazeneca
AstraZeneca is having their vaccine commercially produced by a Pharma company in CHINA while Pfizer is working with a Japanese firm. How do you feel about Chinese vaccines .. after all they started this thing.

Advertisement
Back