Looking like Mike Elmo [Elko] to Texas A&M

Advertisement
Advertisement
So…is this gonna end up working out as well as that time the Tennessee boosters nixed the Schiano hire and brought in Jeremy Pruitt instead?

On Fire GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m not sure how you come down to M Stoops and Elko and pick Stoops first.

Outside of Saban and Kirby…the SEC is dominated with offensive minded head coaches so it will be interesting how this plays out.
Probably why @JustAFanHTX mentioned that the AD at aTm might not make it.

Dude ****ed off the $$$ guys there pulling that Stoops stunt without them all or most being on board from what I’ve seen.

Advertisement
To just play contrarian here and to only talk about Mike Elko the head coach, what is his signature win? Had essentially a cupcake ACC schedule last year and the world went nuts when he beat Clemson this year.....before we saw what Clemson actually is (kinda how we saw what TCU actually is). AND he did this with Riley Leonard. What was he without him? Same ol' Dook.

Of course this isn't a fair or complete way to assess a hire BUT it does make the hire anything but a sure thing.....and we're always led to believe that when certain schools (especially in a certain conference) need to get a head coach that they can get ANYBODY....yet they always seem to end up just making "normal" hires.

What was the biggest splash hire made in that conference over the last handful of years since let's say Cuckbo left Tally? I'd say it was Kiffin....and all you were doing was pulling him from a commuter school in Boca....and he'd seemingly leave now if any equal job opened up that wasn't located in a sh1thole part of the country.

Last edited:
Similar hire to stoops but a better fit.
May be discussed already but just looking at it (the thread).

Guy is a builder and would need patience, though I think his methodology doesn’t necessarily handicap recruiting like Stoops’ would have for a TX HS demographic.

Ultimately, when push comes to shove no lie I like Mark Stoops. But for A&M that would be a disaster, Elko is a better fit.

Does 8&4 have the patience for anyone given their many masters? I think not.

Edit: Clarification : (the thread)

Advertisement
Back