Looking like Mike Elmo [Elko] to Texas A&M

Advertisement
@WanderFranco said 1 or 2 knees, fam?

Monster Lick GIF by SALXCO

Wander also issued a challenge that caused your leader to run and hide. The Carol City contingency is pretty easy to shake up.

Not sure how I feel about this. W/ extremely limited resources, he turned Duke expeditiously. Now w/ unlimited resources, could be a problem
Just jumped into this thread, so possibly been covered. I I think he is a good coach too, take nothing away from what he has done..,but, taking a bad program to above average is probably far easier than taking a good program to great.
Yeah resources, but how many times do we see a guy build a program and struggle at a big school? A lot.
Chances are he does exactly what Fisher and Sumlin did…

Advertisement
Not sure how I feel about this. W/ extremely limited resources, he turned Duke expeditiously. Now w/ unlimited resources, could be a problem
Yes, but all the expectations that come with it. They want championship contention by year 3. Now, you have Oklahoma and Texas joining the league. That's an even bigger uphill battle to at least finish 4th in the league where perhaps the SEC gets 4 teams into the new 12 team playoff system.

In the new 12 team playoff, I think we could see:

B1G - 4
SEC - 4
ACC - 2
BIG12 - 1
Ind/G5 - 1

All 6 of these SEC schools have their programs ahead of A&M.
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Texas
4. Oklahoma
5. LSU
6. Missouri

To just play contrarian here and to only talk about Mike Elko the head coach, what is his signature win? Had essentially a cupcake ACC schedule last year and the world went nuts when he beat Clemson this year.....before we saw what Clemson actually is (kinda how we saw what TCU actually is). AND he did this with Riley Leonard. What was he without him? Same ol' Dook.

Of course this isn't a fair or complete way to assess a hire BUT it does make the hire anything but a sure thing.....and we're always led to believe that when certain schools (especially in a certain conference) need to get a head coach that they can get ANYBODY....yet they always seem to end up just making "normal" hires.

What was the biggest splash hire made in that conference over the last handful of years since let's say Cuckbo left Tally? I'd say it was Kiffin....and all you were doing was pulling him from a commuter school in Boca....and he'd seemingly leave now if any equal job opened up that wasn't located in a sh1thole part of the country.
Biggest splash was Brian Kelly even though he begged for the job.

But you’re right, they end up making normal hires which typically involve someone who already coached in the conference at some point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Good coach but him and Mark Stoops are the same guy. One just had Riley Leonard from the jump.

If they hated Stoops then why would they want Elko?

Advertisement
Good coach but him and Mark Stoops are the same guy. One just had Riley Leonard from the jump.

You’re right. My only guess is because he already coached there as an assistant maybe he has some clout. Otherwise, Stoops has the larger body of work.

Not sure if I remember correctly..but does he have like background issues or something controversial? I thought there was some issues with him.
He is a boss of a coach though

Chadwell's problem is that he is a massive hick, had numerous NCAA violations under his watch before Coastal Carolina

TrumpyCane wants you to look at what school hired him after CCU, school where the president was letting a pool boy bang his wife

He will never get a job at prestigious school, maybe he can end up at a place like Arizona State as his ceiling

It’s weird. Mark Stoops is the more proven HC by far, and he’s already been doing it in the SEC.

Advertisement
Back