Looking like Mike Elmo [Elko] to Texas A&M

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder if TAMU called Jeff Lebby. I know he is supposedly taking the Mississippi State job, but A&M seems better. And if TAMU wanted to an offense, Lebby seems like a solid choice. I don’t know if he has any head coaching experience though. And TAMU is familiar with Elko obviously.

Advertisement
This guy was literally crying in the media last week about players getting poached via the transfer portal.

This is why I’m all in on transfers. Coaches will completely sell out their players, school and staff members the second someone offers them a better deal. While they cry that kids aren’t loyal and will transfer too easily.

Advertisement
Well, being that they tend to poach players we REALLY want…
Yeah

I’m a big fan of Elko

But same time we’ve seen lots of situations where a hot name goes to a bigger pressure situation and can’t get it done

**** good coach though for sure Jimbo was an elite recruiter though too

Seems like a good dude though congrats to him

He will not. Weigman is the starter
You think Johns goes with him to A&M?

If he’s not + not elevated internally to HC at Duke, there’s Dawson’s replacement (if he leaves).

Lot of hypotheticals obviously.

Advertisement
Wonder who Duke goes after now

Jim Knowles was at Duke for a few years under Cutcliffe if they want to go the DC route again

He’s an excellent coach-

A&M’s administration and fan base expectations-

Give him sometime.

Not sure how I feel about this. W/ extremely limited resources, he turned Duke expeditiously. Now w/ unlimited resources, could be a problem
IF his smashing success at Duke translates to *** & m (big IF), watch out SEC.

I guess there's hope at Miami our Canes might beat Duke now in future match ups.

I’m not sure how you come down to M Stoops and Elko and pick Stoops first.

Outside of Saban and Kirby…the SEC is dominated with offensive minded head coaches so it will be interesting how this plays out.

Advertisement
Back