Looking back at Auburn 2012 vs 2013

But its obvious Lashlee has learned that scheme and to take it up a notch, his passing game at SMU was better than anything I saw at Auburn.

So, Lashlee gets no credit for Auburn’s offense and run game since that was all Malzahn. And there’s also the possibility that he gets no credit for the SMU passing attack, since that may have all been Dykes.

Advertisement
This is largely because Auburn's schedule is brutal every year.

Auburn went 9-4 in 2019 having to play these teams

Beat #5 Oregon by 6
Beat #8 Alabama by 3
Lost to #1 LSU by 3
Lost to #4 GA by 7
Lost to #6 UF by 11
Lost to #10 Minn by 7

2019 - 9 wins while playing 6 games vs Top 10 opponents.
2017 - 10 wins while playing 5 games vs Top 6 opponents.

You're not going to find many teams who can get that many wins vs. that hard of a schedule.

This. Malzahn isn’t Saban, but he’s pretty good. He’d be winning no less than 10 regular season games every year at Miami.

I'm a big buyer on Lashlee, always have been, he was in my top 2 OC's thread before we even fired Enox.

I'm buying big on this season, I 100% believe we're turning it around this year, winning 10 games & the coastal.

The thing that has me the most convinced about Lash is he's taking the uptempo rushing offense from Malzahn & combining it with the Air Raid passing concepts from Sonny Dykes, so basically we'll have the Arkansas/Auburn run game with the SMU Air Raid pass game, to me that's exactly the offensive style that fits our personnel, it's basically the same thing that Lincoln Riley & Josh Heupel run at Oklahoma & UCF.

The emphasis is tempo in both the run game & passing game, stretch the Defense out with wide splits & force LB's/S's to show their hand pre snap, because just based on alignments alone if Defenses try to disguise coverages they'll get caught looking in the backfield & will have a WR streaking past them running down the hashes for 6.

I still hope we use that final scholly on a Grad LT, that's the only thing that still has me somewhat concerned, I think OL play will be significantly improved due to this offense not forcing our OL to hold blocks for 5/7 step drops, or trying to be a power run team & also because Garin Justice is a **** good coach that comes from the Trickett West Va run scheme which was one of the best in the game, but I'm just not sold on Zion being a legit LT in the long term for us, there were just so many plays where he got beat as soon as the ball was snapped it was pretty clear to me he had no business being out there & should've redshirted.

If Coach Justice can get Zion right then he deserves a million dollar raise & should be the permanent OL coach for this team for the next decade.

But, the added Zone read option element to this Uptempo offense with an electric dynamic talent like King is what has me most excited. Lashlee is a play caller that understands how to confuse defenses & scheme up big chunk yard plays & he did that with a moderately mobile QB in Shane Buechele, imagine what he'll do with a QB that has a big Deep ball arm & legit 4.4 speed... It has the potential to be what you saw from Lamar at Louisville & what you saw from Jalen Hurts at Oklahoma, the run lanes will be opened up in the middle of the field just off the hesitation by Defenders unsure of whose got the ball, which will draw those Safeties down & give our WR's one on ones on the outside.

Idc if I'm buying too high in Pre-Spring lol, nothing anybody can tell me will convince me we're not winning this year.

I really enjoyed reading this EL. For real. Lets hope it comes to life.

I'm a big buyer on Lashlee, always have been, he was in my top 2 OC's thread before we even fired Enox.

I'm buying big on this season, I 100% believe we're turning it around this year, winning 10 games & the coastal.

The thing that has me the most convinced about Lash is he's taking the uptempo rushing offense from Malzahn & combining it with the Air Raid passing concepts from Sonny Dykes, so basically we'll have the Arkansas/Auburn run game with the SMU Air Raid pass game, to me that's exactly the offensive style that fits our personnel, it's basically the same thing that Lincoln Riley & Josh Heupel run at Oklahoma & UCF.

The emphasis is tempo in both the run game & passing game, stretch the Defense out with wide splits & force LB's/S's to show their hand pre snap, because just based on alignments alone if Defenses try to disguise coverages they'll get caught looking in the backfield & will have a WR streaking past them running down the hashes for 6.

I still hope we use that final scholly on a Grad LT, that's the only thing that still has me somewhat concerned, I think OL play will be significantly improved due to this offense not forcing our OL to hold blocks for 5/7 step drops, or trying to be a power run team & also because Garin Justice is a **** good coach that comes from the Trickett West Va run scheme which was one of the best in the game, but I'm just not sold on Zion being a legit LT in the long term for us, there were just so many plays where he got beat as soon as the ball was snapped it was pretty clear to me he had no business being out there & should've redshirted.

If Coach Justice can get Zion right then he deserves a million dollar raise & should be the permanent OL coach for this team for the next decade.

But, the added Zone read option element to this Uptempo offense with an electric dynamic talent like King is what has me most excited. Lashlee is a play caller that understands how to confuse defenses & scheme up big chunk yard plays & he did that with a moderately mobile QB in Shane Buechele, imagine what he'll do with a QB that has a big Deep ball arm & legit 4.4 speed... It has the potential to be what you saw from Lamar at Louisville & what you saw from Jalen Hurts at Oklahoma, the run lanes will be opened up in the middle of the field just off the hesitation by Defenders unsure of whose got the ball, which will draw those Safeties down & give our WR's one on ones on the outside.

Idc if I'm buying too high in Pre-Spring lol, nothing anybody can tell me will convince me we're not winning this year.
I'm with you and I think King gets invited to New York for the Heisman ceremony

My man. I appreciate the info and the fact that you looked stuff up, but Malzahn problem is simple. He waste too much money recruiting 5 star RB and doesn't recruit top end QB.

His success at Auburn hinges around 3 CC QB. The only time he has won 10 or more games. Is with this recipe. It's not like he has been recruiting a Bo Nix every year and they just flop. He is recruiting low 4 star QB.

If Auburn who pays top dollar for recruits. Was recruiting a big time QB every year. Then the chances of one of them being the next man in line. Would be great and yes. The others would dip like you stated.

You're acting like a QB is easy to find.

Just look at the QB's other "bag dropping" schools like LSU, Florida, and Texas have been rolling out the last 10 years. It's not that easy.

Whether it's recruiting, transfer, CC - it's so hard to get a good QB using any or all of those ways, so you can't really hate on any of them.

Advertisement
Improving at OL and having a scheme that should hide some deficiencies will be a massive help. Having a QB that can run and is a threat to score at any time will help. Using pace and tempo in South Florida should be a huge asset.

Will we win the National title, not likely, but we should be greatly improved.

Advertisement
Back