Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

1705718076225.gif

Advertisement
I would love to get an elite WR. Outside of that I think this roster is ready to make some noise.

Guidry has proven his worth and with the players we’ve recruited I don’t think we need to worry about that side of the ball.

The question is will the offense take a leap this year. This will be a telling yr for the coaches on that side of the ball.

Advertisement
The professional ranks figured out a long time ago that free agency spending is rarely a sufficient substitute for poor drafting/management. Unless you want to end up being the New York Mets or the Washington ___________ (whatever they are now), you better learn how to foster your own talent. Sure, grab a key piece when it becomes available, but trying to mercenary your way to success at every position just doesn't seem to work. I don't see why that sentiment shouldn't hold simply because the athletes are aged 18-22 instead of 23-35.
MLB analogy is very appropriate. The best run franchises - LA Dodgers, Atlanta Braves, etc. - sign and develop talent and fill gaps or put selfs over the top with free agents. It’s a balanced approach. Mario isn’t perfect, but his roster building approach is on point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I thought Washington’s OL was their big weakness this past season. Nothing against this particular guy, but somebody clear this up for me. That OL just about got Penix killed in the playoff.

You cannot be more wrong on this. Only Michigan gave them problems because in the semifinal against Texas they kept Penix shirt clean all night and the Longhorns had some animals on that DL.

And btw….

You cannot be more wrong on this. Only Michigan gave them problems because in the semifinal against Texas they kept Penix shirt clean all night and the Longhorns had some animals on that DL.

And btw….

Awesome.

I was just going by what I saw in their final playoff game vs Michigan. They were far and away the weak link in that game. They were brutalized by Michigan’s front and nearly got Penix killed.

Glad they won the “Best OL” award BEFORE the title game took place. Good for them.

Advertisement
I would love to get an elite WR. Outside of that I think this roster is ready to make some noise.

Guidry has proven his worth and with the players we’ve recruited I don’t think we need to worry about that side of the ball.

The question is will the offense take a leap this year. This will be a telling yr for the coaches on that side of the ball.
I’d love to tamper with Rashod Owens from Oklahoma State

Awesome.

I was just going by what I saw in their final playoff game vs Michigan. They were far and away the weak link in that game. They were brutalized by Michigan’s front and nearly got Penix killed.

Glad they won the “Best OL” award BEFORE the title game took place. Good for them.
Michigan easily had the best DL in football.

Advertisement
Back