Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

I doubt it would ever get to be like Texas A&M because Sark actually gives a crap but I live in Austin and you'd be surprised the similarities between our two fanbases as far as what folks here think about Sark's in-game coaching.
Screenshot_20240119_100422_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Texas took 28, 25,and 22 players in the last 3 full classes for Sarkisan. They built the team like Bama and UGA. All 3 classes were top 5. Those classes provided the basement for them to get elite players in the portal. And those players were not hanging out in the portal, they enticed them to get in.

Texas took 7 commits in the portal. UGA took 6, we got 9 so far. Those are the teams we are tracking to build the team up.

The next step Cristobal needs to take is the step Sarkisan took this past season in his 3rd year. Win 10 games, Win a conference title, beat the in state rivals.

Thats how u become viable to entice players into the portal. Its quite clear.

Louisville has 26 portal players, thatsnot gonna be us sorry. I like what we doing
The professional ranks figured out a long time ago that free agency spending is rarely a sufficient substitute for poor drafting/management. Unless you want to end up being the New York Mets or the Washington ___________ (whatever they are now), you better learn how to foster your own talent. Sure, grab a key piece when it becomes available, but trying to mercenary your way to success at every position just doesn't seem to work. I don't see why that sentiment shouldn't hold simply because the athletes are aged 18-22 instead of 23-35.

DT is a rotation position and an age position. Trust me, you will be seeing a ton of Horton and Moten in spring if they stay healthy.

@DMoney why were they so irrelevant vs. Rutgers? I saw Moten in there plenty, no stats. I don't even recall Horton in there. Also no stats. But it was more than just the stats. They're the big guys who are supposed to help stuff the run. Which clearly didn't happen.

Advertisement
@DMoney why were they so irrelevant vs. Rutgers? I saw Moten in there plenty, no stats. I don't even recall Horton in there. Also no stats. But it was more than just the stats. They're the big guys who are supposed to help stuff the run. Which clearly didn't happen.
I didnt see us getting blown off the ball at the point of attack. We had bad run fills and poor tackling from the back 7 mainly. They were making initially contact at or behind the line of scrimmage and the RB breaking tackles and gaining 10-15 more yards repeatedly.

Advertisement
I saw that post but that’s singularly looking at our roster construction. That’s not a comparison to Texas and their roster construction at the same point.

Comparing numbers to numbers isn’t exact, true. Comparing our perceived roster holes to nothing is nothing.
My point was that Texas was not recruiting with holes around positions every year. You could sign the top 15 DL one year and have the #3 class. That number doesn't have significance in the big picture. It's accumulate not informative.

My point was that Texas was not recruiting with holes around positions every year. You could sign the top 15 DL one year and have the #3 class. That number doesn't have significance in the big picture. It's accumulate not informative.
That’s where my question comes into play. What makes you say “Texas was not recruiting with holes around positions every year”? Can you explain?

If Sark is a better coach with less holes to fill year by year then how was he a knee away from the same results through 2 years as bad coach bad roster management Mario? The math isn’t mathing.

That’s where my question comes into play. What makes you say “Texas was not recruiting with holes around positions every year”? Can you explain?

If Sark is a better coach with less holes to fill year by year then how was he a knee away from the same results through 2 years as bad coach bad roster management Mario? The math isn’t mathing.
2 Answers
1)Do you think we are close to a 12 win roster in year 3? No
2)Do you see comparable talent watching both teams on the field(draft wise)? No

Advertisement
I didnt see us getting blown off the ball at the point of attack. We had bad run fills and poor tackling from the back 7 mainly. They were making initially contact at or behind the line of scrimmage and the RB breaking tackles and gaining 10-15 more yards repeatedly.

You saw something I didn't see. I watch the line more than the other positions, and I can tell you that a snap with LT in there and a snap with Moten/Horton in there was night and day. And we knew Rutgers was running the ball. I was looking for disruption and didn't see it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back