Look to the Transfer Portal: Discussion thread

You think we are recruiting at the same level as Texas?
Sark first full class was #5, Mario was #7 and Cormani away from being top 5. Sark 2nd class was #3, Cristobal 2nd class was #4. Sark has had a extra year. Yes i do think we are recruiting similar to Texas. There are areas where we need to improve, i expect that in '25. And i think in '25 if we match up against any of these teams the pre game spread will show that.

Advertisement
Agree on all points except Cristobal needs to do what Sark did in year two by winning 8 games first. Btw that 8-5 season was considered a failure by Longhorn fans but I really did like that team and was not surprised they made the jump to the playoffs in the following year.
We won 8 games in year 2. I consider that GT game a victory. The game was over.

_

Miami has a Top 5 NIL program, maybe higher, but money isn’t infinite.

We signed a Top 5 class and the best QB in the Portal, along with other starters. This is coming off three bad seasons and 20 years of irrelevance. That’s expensive.

These guys are crying about someone else’s money, without contributing to the end goal.

I don’t waste my time responding. I suggest you do the same.

Advertisement
Sark first full class was #5, Mario was #7 and Cormani away from being top 5. Sark 2nd class was #3, Cristobal 2nd class was #4. Sark has had a extra year. Yes i do think we are recruiting similar to Texas. There are areas where we need to improve, i expect that in '25. And i think in '25 if we match up against any of these teams the pre game spread will show that.
You are comparing classes based solely off numbers instead of the players. Do you understand the issue?

We won 8 games in year 2. I consider that GT game a victory. The game was over.

lol you know what thats a good point. But I think Texas had a lot of returning starters for Sark year 3. They did lose there 2 best running backs but they had a lot of talent returning from that 8-5 team. Miami lost a good number of talent to the draft. I would feel a lot better about winning 10 games if LT, Kam, JW, Lee return and it wouldn't surprise me by this point next year we really missed losing Colby Young and Chaney cause the guys filling in aren't as good

Advertisement
lol you know what thats a good point. But I think Texas had a lot of returning starters for Sark year 3. They did lose there 2 best running backs but they had a lot of talent returning from that 8-5 team. Miami lost a good number of talent to the draft. I would feel a lot better about winning 10 games if LT, Kam, JW, Lee return and it wouldn't surprise me by this point next year we really missed losing Colby Young and Chaney cause the guys filling in aren't as good
Kam and James for me would be a bigger miss if they were CBs. I also like Lee's replacement, he might be an upgrade from a physical standpoint, not sure about from an IQ standpoint.

But for me the biggest plus is that we wont be breaking in a bunch of new coaches. So even though we bring in new players most of the roster already knows what time it is especially on defense.

So yall use them rankings when its convenient but dismiss when they are not. Ok cuz i really like most of the players they claim are 3 stars, like Plazz, Mconathy etc.
I'm not dismissing the rankings. I never brag about the ranking because I generally don't care good or bad. I look at roster construction and holes. For example: We had the #4 class but most would agree we had holes at QB, CB, S. I would add RB and TE but I won't argue it. The year before we were #7 with holes at DT, QB, WR, S. I would add CB. That is the difference. We aren't filling out the roster each year. We leave holes and fill specific needs. That is the difference not #____ vs #_____ in the rankings.

These guys are crying about someone else’s money, without contributing to the end goal.

I don’t waste my time responding. I suggest you do the same.
What exactly do those guys contribute? While coming from someone who doesn't even contribute to the forum.

Advertisement
I'm not dismissing the rankings. I never brag about the ranking because I generally don't care good or bad. I look at roster construction and holes. For example: We had the #4 class but most would agree we had holes at QB, CB, S. I would add RB and TE but I won't argue it. The year before we were #7 with holes at DT, QB, WR, S. I would add CB. That is the difference. We aren't filling out the roster each year. We leave holes and fill specific needs. That is the difference not #____ vs #_____ in the rankings.
I said my piece about the QB position in high school recruiting. Texas 3 year starter is a transfer. Also u cannot fix all the holes on a roster in one salvage class and a full class, its impossible. I dont see any glaring holes on our roster. We need talent improvement in some areas and coaching up in others.

Kam and James for me would be a bigger miss if they were CBs. I also like Lee's replacement, he might be an upgrade from a physical standpoint, not sure about from an IQ standpoint.

But for me the biggest plus is that we wont be breaking in a bunch of new coaches. So even though we bring in new players most of the roster already knows what time it is especially on defense.

Sark seems to have inherit a much better roster then what Mario got. Texas 2019 class was ranked #3 and 2020 class was #9. Sark just had much more tools to work with from the start to go with his 3 recruiting classes. Miami 2022 class was #13 with only 15 kids and 2021 was #11. Looking at both those Miami classes I don't know how either was ranked in the top 15, a lof of misses in both classes. I don't think Miami current talent level is near what Texas had this past season. Agree about keeping the coaches together that might help going into year number 3
Survive End Of The World GIF

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pretty sure he means contributing to the NIL via Canes Connection lol I think
I know what he means. But I don't see any markers attached to screen names signifying who contributes to NIL. It's funny the new arguement to dismiss a post is "you dont spend money" as if they know. Meanwhile, I can very clearly see he doesn't think CIS is worth 25$ so is his opinion valid?

Sark seems to have inherit a much better roster then what Mario got too. Texas 2019 class was ranked #3 and 2020 class was #9. Sark just had much more tools to work with from the start to go with his 3 recruiting classes. Miami 2022 class was #13 with only 15 kids and 2021 was #11. Looking at both those Miami classes I don't know how either was ranked in the top 15, a lof of misses in both classes. I don't think Miami current talent level is near what Texas had this past season. Agree about keeping the coaches together that might help going into year number 3
Survive End Of The World GIF
We'll see in it? I would be re miss to say the two teams who played for the title have been out recruited by Texas and Miami here recently. For me, i wanna see significant steps taken in the talent development and production from players on the roster en masse. After '25 class is secured, i am not entertaining anymore excuses. I expect them to talk about us like they do every good team in the nation. The coaching as to become the x factor

Hope they have a Texas A&M result.
I doubt it would ever get to be like Texas A&M because Sark actually gives a crap but I live in Austin and you'd be surprised the similarities between our two fanbases as far as what folks here think about Sark's in-game coaching.

Advertisement
Back