Look how far We've Come...

The Peach Bowl was an irrelevant game. We threw away the season- and the program- by losing the Georgia Tech game in 2005. I cannot understand the fixation on the Peach Bowl.
Because that GT game may have destroyed THAT season but in real time there was still room for redemption. We came back the next week and beat a UVag team that had beaten a top ranked FSU team earlier that year and the program still had a theoretical pulse going into the Peach Bowl. THAT ****show of a non-performance was the official line of demarcation of EVERYTHING going to **** and the perennial death of realistic hope.

Sure, the GT loss was obviously a sign of all this too but it was also able to viewed as a fluke type deal at the time by those that wanted to maintain false hope. The curbstomping by LSU was when all pf the same among us knew that this ship was f*cking sinking and there wasn't going to be a fix anytime soon. Then that feeling just deepened as soon as the lazy hires continued.

Advertisement
How often do you see the 1986 Sugar Bowl (35-7 loss to Tennessee) mentioned on this website? Probably about 3% as often as the LSU Peach Bowl. Hardly anybody considers it a historically important game in the history of Miami Hurricanes football.

Like I say, if Miami hadn't been such trash since the Peach Bowl, it would get about as mention as the Tennessee Sugar Bowl. (Maybe slightly more since the Tennessee game was more than twice as long ago in time.)
What the **** are you talking about? If we had won that game, we would have been national champions.

Advertisement
He was 27-34 at Temple.

Al Folden has ALWAYS been a sh*tty Corch. ALWAYS.
Far cry better than the 3-31 he took over for. (Give him a pass year one & he’s 26-23).

Temple program that went 4-42 in four years.

Advertisement
That’s that. I’ll agree to disagree. He’s fat, pretentious & his pride hurt our program. Hope he dies.

Not really the last part.

No matter what happens, I don't think we'll have to worry about the OL doing photoshoots like this with Mario and Mirabal here...

View attachment 259909

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The fact that Foldenites still exist absolutely boggles my mind lol

So after 1.25 seasons of Mario are you on board or is it still wait and see if Mario experiment works? I know there was some valid concern about phyzical/bro style conservative history. So you think he really changed or are we seeing a 4 game mirage?

I’ll take a link if you already posted on this.

Advertisement
So after 1.25 seasons of Mario are you on board or is it still wait and see if Mario experiment works? I know there was some valid concern about phyzical/bro style conservative history. So you think he really changed or are we seeing a 4 game mirage?

I’ll take a link if you already posted on this.
I like what I’ve seen thus far this season.

As long as he keeps coordinators like Dawson on his side he’ll win & win big here.

Golden was definitely the worst(32-25), but it wasn’t like Shannon was much better either(28-22). When you look back at history and try to figure out where it all went wrong there’s so many candidates. Some people might point to the embarrassing and disgraceful 48-0 beat down in our final game at The O.B. For me, though, it was definitely that Peach Bowl game against LSU. Something changed that night, and this is the first year where I truly feel we’re back to playing Miami football. No more turnover chains and false bravado. This is real…tangible. If there’s one coach in recent memory I look back on and think, "what might have been” it’s Richt. The problem with the Richt hire is we got him way too late. If we would have hired Richt, say, after Coker I honestly think he could have won a National Title and had us winning 10+ games a year.

I agree. Supposedly they tried to get Richt much earlier but he declined. I can't remember where I read that but I remember it was back in '16. It's definitely a huge what if? to me.

The decline started with Coker. I remember hearing horror stories of his recruiting...or lack there of. I remember that Peach Bowl embarrassment and thinking it definitely felt like the end of an era. I just didn't think we would go 20 ******* years without a ship.

Advertisement
Obviously Mario gets credit for the trenches too but imagine for a second that you have no idea who Mirabal is and he's in line in front of you at Publix. Then I tell you THIS is the dude that's gonna fix our line and make them maulers again. IF/WHEN we become and stay nationally relevant, he's going to be an easy focus for the human interest stories that will be done about us on Gameday, etc.
Him and Mike with the fins are giving a lot of hope to manlets.

I agree. Supposedly they tried to get Richt much earlier but he declined. I can't remember where I read that but I remember it was back in '16. It's definitely a huge what if? to me.

The decline started with Coker. I remember hearing horror stories of his recruiting...or lack there of. I remember that Peach Bowl embarrassment and thinking it definitely felt like the end of an era. I just didn't think we would go 20 ******* years without a ship.
Yea, I don’t hold any ill will towards coach Richt. People don’t understand when you’re at a place as long as he was at Georgia how difficult it is to start all over, especially at his age. He saw The U was in a time of need and it was a spur of the moment thing, but I never felt he was truly invested. I think he was burned out. That being said, he donated a bunch of money to the University, won 10 games, and had the decency to step down when he realized his heart wasn’t in it. Regarding the downfall, I think it all went downhill when the players felt that success is given, and not earned. It became about, “all talk and no action” and they forgot what it means to wear that U on your helmet. That’s why I’m excited about this team…accountability, hard work, etc. have finally returned.

I don’t go back before Schnelly so:

Jimmy
[I believe Mario]
Howard
Butch
Dennis
Mark

—- Godawful —-
Manny
Al
Randy

I really don’t care how you rank the god awful group. They all have their cons and cons and cons … and a couple pros. I give Manny a break because I “think” he was trying for a DC and missed out on the one he wanted before settling on running it himself. And he hit partial paydirt on Lashlee. But his lack of recruiting and evaluation, and the fact he totally lost the team, really makes me want to put him at the bottom. Randy after Clint Hurt left was irredeemable at recruiting as well. Golden at least recruited hard especially after he brought in Coley.
Slide Mario down with Al.

Advertisement
Back