Look how far We've Come...

I only will touch D's and larger...

bikini GIF
the gif saved you from a "pause" ...

Advertisement
Golden was definitely the worst(32-25), but it wasn’t like Shannon was much better either(28-22). When you look back at history and try to figure out where it all went wrong there’s so many candidates. Some people might point to the embarrassing and disgraceful 48-0 beat down in our final game at The O.B. For me, though, it was definitely that Peach Bowl game against LSU. Something changed that night, and this is the first year where I truly feel we’re back to playing Miami football. No more turnover chains and false bravado. This is real…tangible. If there’s one coach in recent memory I look back on and think, "what might have been” it’s Richt. The problem with the Richt hire is we got him way too late. If we would have hired Richt, say, after Coker I honestly think he could have won a National Title and had us winning 10+ games a year.
You're absolutely right about that Peach Bowl. It was emblematic of everything that was wrong and was going to continue to become more wrong about our program.

The loss to UVag to disgrace the OB wasn't more important as a marker in our decade plussss demise but it was just more personally disgusting and embarrassing in the specific moment.

Didn't every offensive lineman from one of the Golden/Kehoe teams (2012?) end up starting in the NFL? Yet somehow the line was so bad when they were actually at Miami.

Advertisement
Golden was definitely the worst(32-25), but it wasn’t like Shannon was much better either(28-22). When you look back at history and try to figure out where it all went wrong there’s so many candidates. Some people might point to the embarrassing and disgraceful 48-0 beat down in our final game at The O.B. For me, though, it was definitely that Peach Bowl game against LSU. Something changed that night, and this is the first year where I truly feel we’re back to playing Miami football. No more turnover chains and false bravado. This is real…tangible. If there’s one coach in recent memory I look back on and think, "what might have been” it’s Richt. The problem with the Richt hire is we got him way too late. If we would have hired Richt, say, after Coker I honestly think he could have won a National Title and had us winning 10+ games a year.

The Peach Bowl is mostly just cited with the benefit of hindsight because we descended into 7-6 seasons after that game and have never come out of it. Nobody really thought at the time "Miami football is done and won't be back for decades." In the next offseason, we were picked to win the ACC championship in the 2006 preseason poll (Herbstreit even picked us to win the national title, although he was a huge outlier) - for all anybody knew right after the Peach Bowl, we might have been right back to being Miami football the next season.

And people definitely thought that Miami football was back in 2018. There might have even been some people who thought Miami was back coming into the 2013 FSU game. This isn't the first time people have thought Miami is back.

Cristobal definitely did tell parents of Diaz recruits to pick their kids up, but take a wild guess who the majority of the best players on the team are right now? Their parents certainly didn’t drop them off last year...
Mostly the Manny COVID year, which he would’ve never been able to duplicate again.

You're absolutely right about that Peach Bowl. It was emblematic of everything that was wrong and was going to continue to become more wrong about our program.

The loss to UVag to disgrace the OB wasn't more important as a marker in our decade plussss demise but it was just more personally disgusting and embarrassing in the specific moment.
The Peach Bowl was an irrelevant game. We threw away the season- and the program- by losing the Georgia Tech game in 2005. I cannot understand the fixation on the Peach Bowl.

Advertisement
I thought I'd never see that photograph EVER again.

Thanks, OP.

Why in HADES are we picking at scabs?

Like watching a dog start licking up his own puke. Or licking your child after you KNOW he'd been licking his own a . . . butt.

Kobe Bryant What GIF

The Peach Bowl was an irrelevant game. We threw away the season- and the program- by losing the Georgia Tech game in 2005. I cannot understand the fixation on the Peach Bowl.

Mostly because 1. The Peach Bowl was 40-3 and the GT game was 14-10 2. The Peach Bowl capped the season and thus formed the last impression of the season.

Really, the Peach Bowl would have ended up seeming about as relevant in Miami history as the 1986 Sugar Bowl or the 1994 Fiesta Bowl if Miami football hadn't been such trash since that game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yo I’m just dying laughing homie said he lost friends over that picture and almost gave up. Lmao I can’t stop 😂. Like bruh lol…….dude lost his entire family cause of these pictures. That sh changed the perception of Miami to me, I’m like ok they not taking football serious anymore. We basically hired clout chasing HCs when clout chasing was starting on social media.

When I saw the brand actually feel different was the Mario intro press conference. That’s when I was like ok we bout to take things serious.

Looking back, we screwed him as much as he did us. Bad fit. Bad timing. Just bad all around.

There are a lot worse coaches than FatAl.

How did we ***** FatAl? Through the Cloud?

IMO, Shannon was slightly worse than Golden because Shannon took over a program that really wasn't that far from championship status, and that Manny was slightly worse than Golden because I can't recall Golden even losing to one team akin to FIU, Louisiana Tech or even the 2019 Georgia Tech team that lost to the Citadel. (Let alone having three losses like that, all in the exact same year.) But I can't think of too many power conference coaches that were that much worse than Golden.

Advertisement
Mostly because 1. The Peach Bowl was 40-3 and the GT game was 14-10 2. The Peach Bowl capped the season and thus formed the last impression of the season.

Really, the Peach Bowl would have ended up seeming about as relevant in Miami history as the 1986 Sugar Bowl or the 1994 Fiesta Bowl if Miami football hadn't been such trash since that game.
1986 Sugar Bowl? It's impossible by any metric that said game would be irrelevant. You're a troll.

1986 Sugar Bowl? It's impossible by any metric that said game would be irrelevant. You're a troll.

How often do you see the 1986 Sugar Bowl (35-7 loss to Tennessee) mentioned on this website? Probably about 3% as often as the LSU Peach Bowl. Hardly anybody considers it a historically important game in the history of Miami Hurricanes football.

Like I say, if Miami hadn't been such trash since the Peach Bowl, it would get about as mention as the Tennessee Sugar Bowl. (Maybe slightly more since the Tennessee game was more than twice as long ago in time.)

Advertisement
Back