Longtime heavy booster and Butch supporter says...

No chance he would end up choosing us over USC if this were true...

They have deeper pockets, stadium, facilities and recruiting grounds that he's already familiar with..

The only reason I can think of, is that he would want a complete change of scenery and find Miami more appealing..

Jesus ****ing christ people like you don't deserve to be fans of this team......Who won more titles in your lifetime, Miami or USC? For me, it's been Miami 5 USC 1......Now tell me which program is better?

Did I misstate something?

I do think Chip would kill it here though. I'd be like when Dennis Erickson took over.

How about he doesn't want to coach or recruit against the Ducks.

Or Miami would be the easiest recruiting job in college.

Chip to USC is not as big of a headline as Chip to Miami.

we love to say this when we know that's far from the truth...

As we've learned with the Amari Coopers, Valentine's, Patrick Peterson, Alex Collins, Ridley, Sony.... SEC bagmen have made south Florida a priority and dealing with local handlers(7on7 guys like Genron) is way more management intensive here than anywhere else. ****, even pop warner kids get recruited and paid down here.

And when you take into consideration that these other schools administrations are more flexible with their admissions requirements... And that they let the kids get away with much more(Bama, FSU and UF have kids robing each other on campus)...instead of thinking we're Stanford and suspending a kid like AQM for a fight..

We have the most talent per capita in the Nation, but putting up that wall like we did in the 80's and 90's isn't that easy anymore.

Advertisement
We have a huge advantage over Southern Cal.

No state income tax.

There's a reason Tiger Woods headquartered in Orlando. California has punishing state taxes and regulations. Yes, a good Beverly Hills accountant can shelter a lot of income, but at some point, you have to pay him, too. And eventually, Sacramento, as well as D.C., wLks home with a lot of your money.

Why not pay an accountant on Brickell Avenue to park the income you didn't have to pay to the State of California in a growth fund in Grand Cayman?

If we can get anywhere close to the Trojans, we are in the game.

Only tax benefits in CA are for those in the entertainment business... maybe if they get their HC a daytime soap...

Ever see a million dollar house in cali?

2 bedrooms 1 bath

I assume going forward that the Trustees (Spielberg, etc.) would front the man a house up in Hollywood Hills.

Left California in the Sixties when I was a kid and it was still a well-governed state with a world-class public school system.

Now it's like a cross between Bogota and Beirut, with gorgeous climate and killer housing prices. I wouldn't force Hitler to move there.

Seen these tweets from a golden cane member I believe.

1. [MENTION=6640]canesfam[/MENTION]News: One of my guys from UM told me yesterday that Butch is out bc of UNC investigation. Blake is focusing on a proven coach who can WIN!

2. [MENTION=6640]canesfam[/MENTION]News: Not taking chances with coaches who have done well as coordinators or smaller schools. Focusing on coach who has won at highest level

3. [MENTION=6640]canesfam[/MENTION]News: Also- money is not an issue I was told. Willing to pay big $ if it means Miami will be back on top and winning with new coach. #Canes

This coincides with news that Miami is going after a big name coach. This was posted yesterday morning by the way

Well if the UNC investigation is causing UM heartburn - and Butch was cleared by the NCAA -

imagine the convulsions Chip would create with an NCAA Show Cause.

Now you're trying to talk yourself into this.

If he can adapt his offense to fit in Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, even Mark Sanchez don't see why he couldn't make Kaaya work.

First of all, CONGRATS to Laranaga's hoops for just winning the PR tourney.

-------------

Chip's "adaptation" simply isn't very good. The Eagles O is mostly pretty sad. Chip needs a dominant QB, just like everybody else. Otherwise, he seems average, at best.

I believe that Butch would build a more fundamentally sound team.

Another one of the braniacs who thinks NFL and college are even remotely the same.

This is from the guy that still calls himself GOLDEN.

Unlike all the Pollyannas on this site, I'm pointing out what Chip has done lately. Chip chose the NFL, and he's failing. That's a fact.

Of course college isn't the NFL. No one is saying that. It just happens to where Chip is at now. His performance there should be ignored?

Chip returning to college could be equivalent to Butch going to UNC. Butch proved that he could do it again. Maybe Chip can too, but why take that chance. Butch is proven.

OMG this has to be the absolutely dumbest thing I have ever read on the internet.....

Butch is proven even thought he hasn't done it at high level in 15 years and Kelly is a chance because he hasnt done it in 2 years.

You should literally go to jail for embarrassing every Sicilian who has ever lived.

Saban had a tough time too. You may have a point. NOT

Please turn in your computer because you just lost the internet.

No chance he would end up choosing us over USC if this were true...

They have deeper pockets, stadium, facilities and recruiting grounds that he's already familiar with..

The only reason I can think of, is that he would want a complete change of scenery and find Miami more appealing..

Jesus ****ing christ people like you don't deserve to be fans of this team......Who won more titles in your lifetime, Miami or USC? For me, it's been Miami 5 USC 1......Now tell me which program is better?

Did I misstate something?

I do think Chip would kill it here though. I'd be like when Dennis Erickson took over.

How about he doesn't want to coach or recruit against the Ducks.

Or Miami would be the easiest recruiting job in college.

Chip to USC is not as big of a headline as Chip to Miami.

we love to say this when we know that's far from the truth...

As we've learned with the Amari Coopers, Valentine's, Patrick Peterson, Alex Collins, Ridley, Sony.... SEC bagmen have made south Florida a priority and dealing with local handlers(7on7 guys like Genron) is way more management intensive here than anywhere else. ****, even pop warner kids get recruited and paid down here.

And when you take into consideration that these other schools administrations are more flexible with their admissions requirements... And that they let the kids get away with much more(Bama, FSU and UF have kids robing each other on campus)...instead of thinking we're Stanford and suspending a kid like AQM for a fight..

We have the most talent per capita in the Nation, but putting up that wall like we did in the 80's and 90's isn't that easy anymore.

You didnt learn that you suspect that.

The fact that onion and golden can have top 20 classes at the U is proof that its the easiest.

Golden was a yankee selling dirt on the beach.

You bring in Chip's name and we instantly have a top 5 class. instantly.

Kids want to stay here they just dont want to lose.

Advertisement
^ Not to mention, Chip had Oregon in the national championship picture virtually every year with no more talent than Golden or Shannon assembled here (and while playing a tougher schedule). Kelly's best recruiting class was ranked #9 in 2011. He's a good recruiter, but a better X's and O's guy, which is precisely what we need.

1. [MENTION=6640]canesfam[/MENTION]News: One of my guys from UM told me yesterday that Butch is out bc of UNC investigation. Blake is focusing on a proven coach who can WIN!

2. [MENTION=6640]canesfam[/MENTION]News: Not taking chances with coaches who have done well as coordinators or smaller schools. Focusing on coach who has won at highest level

3. [MENTION=6640]canesfam[/MENTION]News: Also- money is not an issue I was told. Willing to pay big $ if it means Miami will be back on top and winning with new coach. #Canes

This coincides with news that Miami is going after a big name coach. This was posted yesterday morning by the way

Well if the UNC investigation is causing UM heartburn - and Butch was cleared by the NCAA -

Why are you acting like a show cause is a death penalty. Its not... It just ensures that coaches don't get to walk away from penalties and the Oregon penalty was so small that its dumb to even act like its a factor. They basically lost 1 scholarship a year for 2 years and didn't even get a bowl ban.

please do you home work and stop grasping at straws...

Why are you acting like a show cause is a death penalty. Its not... It just ensures that coaches don't get to walk away from penalties and the Oregon penalty was so small that its dumb to even act like its a factor. They basically lost 1 scholarship a year for 2 years and didn't even get a bowl ban.

please do you home work and stop grasping at straws...

Hey! Genius!

Oregon as a university got theirs.

The coach was separate. He got a show cause.

Got it? He did wrong. He was involved in breaking NCAA rules. A show cause is an INDICATOR - of rule breaking.

Only one idiot here suggested a coorelation between a show cause and death penalty - you.

I really don't give a **** about the show cause.

I only pointed out that UM will give a **** about a show cause - and you can argue the merits until you're blue in the face.

Your opinion doesn't matter.

UM's opinion of NCAA violators is the one that matters.

This. I still don't see anyway around this.

Advertisement

This. I still don't see anyway around this.

Maybe the UNC investigation is causing heartburn because it's still going on. The Oregon matter was swiftly resolved with a slap on the wrist. It's over.

The uncertainty of the UNC ongoing issue would give anyone heartburn because you're rolling the dice that something new won't come out a couple months after you hire Davis. That would be a real kick in the gut and an embarrassment.

There is also the difference that Chip Kelly is 10X the coach the Butch is. That is their way around it.

There is also the difference that Chip Kelly is 10X the coach the Butch is. That is their way around it.

Come to think of it, I believe Les Miles beat his ***.

He's good, but so's Butch Davis. So are a number of coaches.

I just don't see UM getting past the NCAA violator stigma.

If he can adapt his offense to fit in Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, even Mark Sanchez don't see why he couldn't make Kaaya work.

-------------

What Butch did at UNC doesn't count? Taking a dead program and making them a legit NC contender before the suspensions destroyed them? I call BS on that.

Advertisement

-----------

What Butch did at UNC doesn't count? Taking a dead program and making them a legit NC contender before the suspensions destroyed them? I call BS on that.

Butch's best season at UNC was 8-5. That's your standard for "legit NC contender"?

Yeah but chip isn't the only big name coach out there. Maybe someone who is already employed? Patterson?

Saying and doing are different things. I remain skeptical.

Advertisement
Man, I used to be really high on Davis. The Davis nuthuggers are really starting to ruin it for me. How do you even manage that?

Im sure its been mentioned already, but is there concern that we wont be able to wait until the end of the NFL season for him? Last week of season is in January... Can we go that long with out a hire? I am definitely down to wait if it means Chip will come, but Im not so sure that the admin will be that patient

Dammit mane... I was on the BBB band wagon, but now I'm not sure... If Chip is on table you have to take him over Butch

Advertisement
Back