Lone Reeds in the Wilderness

Almost had a pick 6 which would've been legit

Well almost doesn't count for anything. He was slow to react a few times. Kitchens and Clarke both dropped INTs.

Granted, I don't blame any of these guys. The defense is so poorly coached that its breath taking, especially in the secondary. Not even in technique, just generally get lost and are running around with no idea what they are supposed to do.

Advertisement
I fully expect all of the young talent being discussed here to regress the longer they play for this staff. As is customary.

I Guess If You Say So GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Borregales did the lord’s work tonight. To watch that piece of **** used car salesman playing head coach go from that stupid grin while playing for a field goal like a coward to complete dread was priceless.

Well almost doesn't count for anything. He was slow to react a few times. Kitchens and Clarke both dropped INTs.

Granted, I don't blame any of these guys. The defense is so poorly coached that its breath taking, especially in the secondary. Not even in technique, just generally get lost and are running around with no idea what they are supposed to do.
That Clark int was crazy. People were celebrating thinking it was a pick or incompletion

Advertisement
I was just gonna start this thread. Of course my thread title wouldnt have been as cool as yours.

Leonard Taylor showed up tonight. Showed bigtime improvement week over week.

Williams the safety looked good at times.

Brashard showed me a little bit.

And TVD got better throughout the game. On the TD run he showed some of that athleticism that @DMoney alluded to.
Solid post, couldn't agree more.

He started out slow but the O line and field position didnt help him either. I did not find him to be a one read guy. He was just going thru his progressions very slowly. He's far from where we need him to be but for a guy from a small high school making his first college start, he showed some improvement as the game progressed.

It will start getting tougher on him over the next few weeks as teams get film on him.
I don't think TVD threw a single pass to the left half of the field.

Advertisement
There are really talented young players on this team that need to be recognized amidst the rightful onslaught against the administration.

On the off chance this gets conveyed to any of them, I’d like to hear which players stood out to you tonight, and why you’re optimistic about their future. **** and moan in the other threads, this one has nothing to do with a coach.

For me it’s Arroyo. He did not have a catch tonight, but he busted it up with whoever was in front of him. Best TE blocking on the team by far, and that is not where he’ll make his money. Kid will be in the League for a long, long time.

Who stood out to y’all?
I’m love the players hate the admin and coaches. Young guys can play hopefully they will do right by them and fire Diaz and bring in a new staff that can coach them up

Sleeping on Stevenson. The best and most consistent player on defense. Other teams are throwing less and less at him now.

Bsmith
Brinson
Arroyo
X
LT
Williams
KK
Rivers

These guys are all dudes. In addition to them, I’d also throw in guys like chase smith, Curtis as guys who pop off the screen.

I think Roberts moves well and is active but needs time in the weight room. He’s the lone bright spot on the DL outside of taylor. Roberts’ frame and style remind me a bit of Baraka atkins. The only other guy I have hope for on the DL is chantz but he needs a big off season this coming spring. LB is putrid. Flagg is not good and brooks leaves a lot a lot to be desired.

Advertisement
Back