Lone Reeds in the Wilderness

TVD.

I know I'm the lone porster who never collected a check coaching QB's, but the young man made strides tonight between the first and second halves making his FIRST P5 START BEHIND A TAMPON OFFENSIVE LINE AS A RS FRESHMAN.

He made some poor throws, thats to be expected. But down the stretch he made some throws I'm not sure King would even attempt. He flicks his wrist and the ball ******* flies.

He's young, but he has a **** ton of potential. If King is out for a considerable amount of time we'll experience a lot of growing pains with TVD, but it could really pay off down the road.

Also, he's not the first freshman QB to lock onto his first read. That comes with time and experience.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Was refreshing to see 4 tonight too. You hold your breath every time he gets the pill. With a competent OC and an average OL, he would be a real threat.

7 comes to work every week. 99 is on his way too. Clarke has to make that play, but he has been around the ball alot this year.

Not sure what you guys saw in James Williams tonight. He wasn't good. Granted he's a True FR and the defense is so poorly coached in the back half (and all of it really) so he has little chance but he wasn't good tonight.
Agree. He took a poor angle on the first TD…looked like he was thinking out there. Both he and Bolden just seem like they are more comfortable in the box

Advertisement
Legit almost every first year or second year guy that played. Manny isn’t right about a lot of things but the last 2 classes are loaded.

TVD is legit. 56, 99, 33, 0, 24, 12, 80, 4 all looked good.

I’m at the point I’d rather see 24 and 0 back there and deal with freshman mistakes.

He’s not young, but I think C Reed came in at center in the second half and the o line played much better.

Advertisement
TVD was really bad IMO. He's a 1 read and get himself sacked guy.

He started out slow but the O line and field position didnt help him either. I did not find him to be a one read guy. He was just going thru his progressions very slowly. He's far from where we need him to be but for a guy from a small high school making his first college start, he showed some improvement as the game progressed.

It will start getting tougher on him over the next few weeks as teams get film on him.

Advertisement
Back