Lone Reeds in the Wilderness

There are really talented young players on this team that need to be recognized amidst the rightful onslaught against the administration.

On the off chance this gets conveyed to any of them, I’d like to hear which players stood out to you tonight, and why you’re optimistic about their future. **** and moan in the other threads, this one has nothing to do with a coach.

For me it’s Arroyo. He did not have a catch tonight, but he busted it up with whoever was in front of him. Best TE blocking on the team by far, and that is not where he’ll make his money. Kid will be in the League for a long, long time.

Who stood out to y’all?
Taylor is a star in the making. Elijah also flashed some. Williams is already far and away better than 26, as is Kinchens.

TVD started off terrible and looked stiff and scared early on, but in the second half he showed some moxie.

I still like Garcia as the better prospect, but I give credit where credit is due. He showed heart and made some tough throws.

Rooster ran hard and showed good burst. I’m a fan.

X is a stud and needs to get the ball way more than he does. Kid is always open, and he seems to always make plays when given an opportunity.

Advertisement
Oh, the kid 12 looks the part by the way. Forgot about him in my glass box of rage. OK, I have to go to some other thread and spit more fire. Or just go to bed and end this nightmare and dream of Eva Green.

He started out slow but the O line and field position didnt help him either. I did not find him to be a one read guy. He was just going thru his progressions very slowly. He's far from where we need him to be but for a guy from a small high school making his first college start, he showed some improvement as the game progressed.

It will start getting tougher on him over the next few weeks as teams get film on him.

Well he was so bad most of the game, hard to not improve but it was his first real start. He had 5-10 throws that were downright awful.

He started out slow but the O line and field position didnt help him either. I did not find him to be a one read guy. He was just going thru his progressions very slowly. He's far from where we need him to be but for a guy from a small high school making his first college start, he showed some improvement as the game progressed.

It will start getting tougher on him over the next few weeks as teams get film on him.
yeah, he got screwed over on field position. but he did seem tentative. But ****, I'd probably crap my pants in his situation. He rebounded well. Should be a good QB competition. and former Canes greats say competition is what separated U from everyone else

Coaches does none of these players favors, not even the upper classmen. I feel so bad for them. Our defensive players don't have any idea what leverage means, no idea whats contain or funnel the ball to your help. Im convinced that Diaz is a control freak and putting on restrictions on these players on both sides.

Advertisement
All the young guys looked good honestly. They're so much more talented than the older players. Would love to see the young linebackers, k think they'd make a huge difference honestly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
We have talent all over the field

That’s why it’s hard not to just continue to **** on the coaches. I feel bad for the players, they are not reaching their potential under this staff

Arroyo
Restrepo
Brashard Smith
Keyshawn Smith
James Williams
Leonard Taylor
Harvey
Roberts
Kitchens
Steed has even looked decent
Was surprised with Steed. He a good game, did get burned on the one deep ball though.

I was just gonna start this thread. Of course my thread title wouldnt have been as cool as yours.

Leonard Taylor showed up tonight. Showed bigtime improvement week over week.

Williams the safety looked good at times.

Brashard showed me a little bit.

And TVD got better throughout the game. On the TD run he showed some of that athleticism that @DMoney alluded to.
That TD run was a thing of beauty. Dude was moving.

TVD started slow, but a lot of that was the horrific play calling and OL play. Once we opened things up, like magic, things started to click. To top it off, there were times we had to overcome a 15 yard penalty, and he did it. Why? He has the arm to get 16 yards on 3rd and 15. I know a lot of people are wanting Garcia, but I saw nothing from TVD tonight that made me think he can't get the job done. I simply saw, yet again, a coaching staff that can not get the job done.

Advertisement
Back