Lone Reeds in the Wilderness

There are really talented young players on this team that need to be recognized amidst the rightful onslaught against the administration.

On the off chance this gets conveyed to any of them, I’d like to hear which players stood out to you tonight, and why you’re optimistic about their future. **** and moan in the other threads, this one has nothing to do with a coach.

For me it’s Arroyo. He did not have a catch tonight, but he busted it up with whoever was in front of him. Best TE blocking on the team by far, and that is not where he’ll make his money. Kid will be in the League for a long, long time.

Who stood out to y’all?
Zero catches just like the guy that starts at TE

Advertisement
I saw Chase Smith hit someone on special team.and though....why isn't he playing?
I mean he can't do worse than what we are rolling out at LB.

TVD played tough. While he may or may not be the guy, at least they didn’t sub him when things were going terribly (I’m serious). No need to ***** with the head of one of our future options.

LT had a solid game. Restrepo put the team on his back to turn around the attitude. That kid is special. Smith gave it his best for a FR.

Brunson needs time on juggs. Williams looked no better than Bolden (I know his ceiling is much higher). Clarke was dog **** (catching that Int was what Canes football WAS known for).

Give Borregales a break. Immediately thought that he should never be put in that situation as a freshman. And as many have pointed out, he may end up being the savior of the program. Hope he doesn’t dwell on it for too long.

At least we’re seeing the youngin’s get on the field. Hopefully, the habit of playing “experienced” upperclassmen has been exorcised.

TVD showed some brass ones. Sure he made a few mistakes, but he hung there and gave us a chance to win. DID NOT TURN THE BALL OVER. That hasn’t been mentioned at all.

Long list of youngin’s that made significant contributions last night:

BSmith
KSmiff
Rooster
X
Brinson
Arroyo
George

Williams
Taylor
Kinchens
Clarke
Roberts

Probably missed a few but at least they’re getting more PT.

Advertisement
ive got no hope for anyone at this point. get a new coach in, until then, it will be the same embarassment

12 has some serious talent if we use it right.

4 (still young)
All of the above impressed me at times. 24 is the only safety who looks the part dropping into man in the slot in cover 1.

**** 17 and 23 showed some things

TVD needs some grooming yet and 0 had some effort plays to clean up. All coachable for the next guys

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back