LOL @ Randy Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was only helped by all those all-americans anyway.

LOL...nobody wins with no talent. Saban was garbage before He went to the SEC.

View attachment 42703

Now if you mean the best season Michigan State had in 35 years as your example for garbage, then I'm not sure I understand the definition of garbage.

So you're best example of not needing some talent is the greatest coach in college football history?

Dude, read the thread. I'm only negating his comment. I wasn't the first one to bring up Saban.

Advertisement
Now if you mean the best season Michigan State had in 35 years as your example for garbage, then I'm not sure I understand the definition of garbage.

Haha...Saban was 25-22-1, & 0-3 in bowl games before that season...garbage. His fortunes changed when His talent increased.

Agree he's a good coach. But he's not DC material either, Dog. At least not at a BCS team like UF or Miami.

He is one of the best DCs to ever coach at UM tf u talking about??

Do you smoke Crack?

He was a product of first rouders at every position IMO.

He was **** when butches dudes left and would get torched by gt

Think it was 2008 or 2009 where Ga Tech had 500+ yards of rushing on us. Can't remember a game I was more ****ed off. And that's taking into account Golden's tenure as well.

Can't forget that game. Preety sure it was 2009. That was disgusting. That's when I knew the Canes program was truly in shambles.

He is one of the best DCs to ever coach at UM tf u talking about??

Do you smoke Crack?

He was a product of first rouders at every position IMO.

He was **** when butches dudes left and would get torched by gt

Think it was 2008 or 2009 where Ga Tech had 500+ yards of rushing on us. Can't remember a game I was more ****ed off. And that's taking into account Golden's tenure as well.

Can't forget that game. Preety sure it was 2009. That was disgusting. That's when I knew the Canes program was truly in shambles.

I knew the program was in shambles and Randy was a terrible coach after the 2007 UVA game. UVA wasn't even a good team that year, unlike 2015 Clemson.

Advertisement
I don't know why people hate on Randy so much. Was he a bad head coach? Yes, but that shouldn't negate everything else he did for Miami as a player and other coaching positions. Apparently being a head coach at a P5 school aint easy because the failure rate has got to be extremely high. Randy Shannon is a pure blood Cane and that **** should get him respect. As it is now, dude has to make a living. Miami fired him or he'd be coaching here. Don't hate on him for doing what he has to do to provide for his family and work his way back up the coaching ranks.

I don't know why people hate on Randy so much. Was he a bad head coach? Yes, but that shouldn't negate everything else he did for Miami as a player and other coaching positions. Apparently being a head coach at a P5 school aint easy because the failure rate has got to be extremely high. Randy Shannon is a pure blood Cane and that **** should get him respect. As it is now, dude has to make a living. Miami fired him or he'd be coaching here. Don't hate on him for doing what he has to do to provide for his family and work his way back up the coaching ranks.

Again....it's not so much hating on Shannon as it is more hating on the stupidity posted by some folks with agendas.
I never really hated Shannon the person or Cane before he took the uf-ag gig.
Anger should have always been directed at the lousy school president and lazy dimwit Paul Dee for hiring him as HC.

Again....it's not so much hating on Shannon as it is more hating on the stupidity posted by some folks with agendas.
Anger should have always been directed at the lousy school president and lazy dimwit Paul Dee for hiring him as HC.

It's not just this thread or the agenda portion of this thread. I just mean in general he catches a lot of hate for not being a good head coach and I don't think that should define him as a Cane. He brought a **** ton more to the table and the reality is, a good head coach is more of a rarity than anything else.

It's not just this thread or the agenda portion of this thread. I just mean in general he catches a lot of hate for not being a good head coach and I don't think that should define him as a Cane. He brought a **** ton more to the table and the reality is, a good head coach is more of a rarity than anything else.

True.

Advertisement
Here's the thing.

I never mentioned him, or gave him a second thought much before he took the UFåg job. Even though he was a terrible head coach and set the program back years, he gets that special hate for being a ****.

Sorry, but that's just the way it is. It's not like he had no job before he took the **** job. But hey, it's a free country, he's free to go work for the hillbillies in kkkainesville, and we're free to hate on his radio asš for doing it.

It has zero to do with race. Except of course for the race pimps on this board.

reality is:

you don't go coach for the gators when you can do so elsewhere, that's not a "pure blood" cane
after his first recruiting class, he was an abysmal failure, he's a horrible recruiter and cut a lot of ties down here as I understand it

wasn't his last recruiting class ranked above the 50s?

reality is:

you don't go coach for the gators when you can do so elsewhere, that's not a "pure blood" cane
after his first recruiting class, he was an abysmal failure, he's a horrible recruiter and cut a lot of ties down here as I understand it

RS been recruiting his *** off at UF.

reality is:

funny how bags and SEC can turn a man around

Advertisement

reality is:

funny how bags and SEC can turn a man around

In fairness recruiting as an assistant is different than recruiting as a head coach. As an assistant you can focus on recruiting a specific subset of people (in Shannon's case inner city kids, especially in So. Fla.) It's not like being a head coach where you have to recruit all kinds of people throughout the whole country. A big problem with Shannon's recruiting as head coach was that he (like Coker) was a horrendous talent evaluator. When you're an assistant you usually just recruit who the head coach tells you to recruit and don't do that many evaluations.

reality is:

And you're cheering him right on.

reality is:

Amazing, isn't it?

Advertisement

reality is:

I agree he wasn't a good head coach, and I'm not even gonna try to argue his recruiting prowess. I'll take your word for that. I'm just saying, Miami fired him and he caught a ton of flak from fans (deservedly so) for his stint as a head coach. The man now has to make a living and try to work his way back up the ranks(hopefully he learned from his mistakes). I don't know what he's getting paid at ufag vs what he could make anywhere else but it's a high profile opportunity for him to redevelop his resume. He's gotta do what he's gotta do. I hate floriduh just as much as the next guy but I'm not gonna hate on Randy.

I don't hate any coach, hate is a pretty strong word to use on something that is ultimately still a sport. Even the worst coaches try and do their best, but it doesn't work out. No reason for hate in that.

Shannon, dude has to eat and if that means getting paid by Florida, so be it. He is still vastly overrated as a DC by many on this board. I don't know how well he's getting paid there, but if he wasn't or isn't near the top of the salary range for his duties, surely some wise coach would find him and pay him according to some that apparently think he's worth that here.

reality is:

Amazing, isn't it?

Cheering him on?? Lol grow up bruh

reality is:

Amazing, isn't it?

There's a group of posters here that love Wandy way way more than the canes. So much so, that they cheer him on and wish him success even though he's now a gaturd in kkkainesville.

In my book, if you're a ****, you're hated automatically and never wished success.

But these RandyGator lovers don't fool me with their fronting. They're not canes fans, just gaturd fans pretending to be canes fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back