LOL @ Randy Shannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why people hate on Randy so much. Was he a bad head coach? Yes, but that shouldn't negate everything else he did for Miami as a player and other coaching positions. Apparently being a head coach at a P5 school aint easy because the failure rate has got to be extremely high. Randy Shannon is a pure blood Cane and that **** should get him respect. As it is now, dude has to make a living. Miami fired him or he'd be coaching here. Don't hate on him for doing what he has to do to provide for his family and work his way back up the coaching ranks.
Smfh...

Advertisement
All anyone has to do is say the name Randy Shannon and they are guaranteed a 10 page thread..........

Let go of the past. The future is now.

There's a group of posters here that love Wandy way way more than the canes. So much so, that they cheer him on and wish him success even though he's now a gaturd in kkkainesville.

In my book, if you're a ****, you're hated automatically and never wished success.

But these RandyGator lovers don't fool me with their fronting. They're not canes fans, just gaturd fans pretending to be canes fans.

This is why most Ufans are considered to be lacking education along the lines of HS dropouts or achieving higher degrees while completing sentences in federal penal institutions across the nation. Ufans are making us all look bad with your emotional posts that lack any real substance and disregards all facts. Get over it already Randy is the best we ever had as a DC. If you Ufans had more intelligence to think this thing out you would accept him as such. Therefore, any real success that he has after his departure it would reflect on UM in the best light as fruit that was produced on this wonderful tree and not the like UF. But that would be asking too much from this bunch. Thank God we don't have an onsite stadium because we would have to deal with you flaunting around campus as Alum!

It's not just this thread or the agenda portion of this thread. I just mean in general he catches a lot of hate for not being a good head coach and I don't think that should define him as a Cane. He brought a **** ton more to the table and the reality is, a good head coach is more of a rarity than anything else.

reality is:

you don't go coach for the gators when you can do so elsewhere, that's not a "pure blood" cane
after his first recruiting class, he was an abysmal failure, he's a horrible recruiter and cut a lot of ties down here as I understand it

wasn't his last recruiting class ranked above the 50s?

RS been recruiting his *** off at UF.

funny how bags and SEC can turn a man around

In fairness recruiting as an assistant is different than recruiting as a head coach. As an assistant you can focus on recruiting a specific subset of people (in Shannon's case inner city kids, especially in So. Fla.) It's not like being a head coach where you have to recruit all kinds of people throughout the whole country. A big problem with Shannon's recruiting as head coach was that he (like Coker) was a horrendous talent evaluator. When you're an assistant you usually just recruit who the head coach tells you to recruit and don't do that many evaluations.

agree with a lot of this

There's a group of posters here that love Wandy way way more than the canes. So much so, that they cheer him on and wish him success even though he's now a gaturd in kkkainesville.

In my book, if you're a ****, you're hated automatically and never wished success.

But these RandyGator lovers don't fool me with their fronting. They're not canes fans, just gaturd fans pretending to be canes fans.

This is why most Ufans are considered to be lacking education along the lines of HS dropouts or achieving higher degrees while completing sentences in federal penal institutions across the nation. Ufans are making us all look bad with your emotional posts that lack any real substance and disregards all facts. Get over it already Randy is the best we ever had as a DC. If you Ufans had more intelligence to think this thing out you would accept him as such. Therefore, any real success that he has after his departure it would reflect on UM in the best light as fruit that was produced on this wonderful tree and not the like UF. But that would be asking too much from this bunch. Thank God we don't have an onsite stadium because we would have to deal with you flaunting around campus as Alum!

You're right. Radio's success at Florida would be a real win for Miami. Your logic is irrefutable.

Serious question: are you retarded?

Advertisement
Randy was a **** head coach but I will always respect him for trying to steer the guys away from The Rat while our president was cashing his checks.

You're right. Radio's success at Florida would be a real win for Miami. Your logic is irrefutable.

Serious question: are you retarded?

Consider yourself effectively cut. The proof is in your comeback; it's all personal and your now in your feelings. lol

Wasn't everybody on CIS claiming that the co-DC title was purely symbolic when Randy held the exact same title under Geoff Collins? So now that somebody else is co-DC under Shannon that title actually means something? Why the inconsistent reasoning, beyond discrediting Shannon?

And for the record I probably hold the world record for the world's smallest amount of sub-Saharan African ancestry. I also hated him as head coach from his opening press conference where I saw he could barely even speak Ebonics let alone normal English. And I wanted him fired after he went 5-7 his first season.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL...got Randy fuqed the fuq up.

Randy's only flaw as a HC was hiring totally incompetent OCs.

Defense is about getting off the field via TOs & 3 & outs, and nobody has bested the 28 TOs & the 3rd down conversion rate of His 2010 D...nobody...including Diaz.

But conversely, Whipples totally incompetent O had 36 TOs in 2010...THIRTY SIX TURNOVERS!!!...you can't win with that.
That wasn't Randy's flaw, that was the UM administration. He tried to higher a better staff, but he was never given the resources to offer a competitive salary. I'm glad we have Richt now, but I think Randy got shafted here. I don't blame him for having to take a job someplace else. Everybody has a right to feed his family.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Wasn't everybody on CIS claiming that the co-DC title was purely symbolic when Randy held the exact same title under Geoff Collins? So now that somebody else is co-DC under Shannon that title actually means something? Why the inconsistent reasoning, beyond discrediting Shannon?

Yep. And they ask the same question everytime the U gets shafted on ESPN and by the NCAA. But they think they better than Randy who has been the most loyal to them than any coach they ever had... Shts crazy lol

Last edited:
LOL...got Randy fuqed the fuq up.

Randy's only flaw as a HC was hiring totally incompetent OCs.

Defense is about getting off the field via TOs & 3 & outs, and nobody has bested the 28 TOs & the 3rd down conversion rate of His 2010 D...nobody...including Diaz.

But conversely, Whipples totally incompetent O had 36 TOs in 2010...THIRTY SIX TURNOVERS!!!...you can't win with that.
That wasn't Randy's flaw, that was the UM administration. He tried to higher a better staff, but he was never given the resources to offer a competitive salary. I'm glad we have Richt now, but I think Randy got shafted here. I don't blame him for having to take a job someplace else. Everybody has a right to feed his family.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

This logic black posters sometimes use to defend Shannon is a bit asinine. Shannon hired bad OCs because he had a bad eye for coaching talent. The administration had nothing to do with it. Nobody except for Shannon forced Shannon to hire Nix and Whipple.

Mods do your job and 86 fan040. Because in a few pages you will ban the wrong posters for the stating a race debate! [MENTION=1]Andrew[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]

Advertisement
Do we have Shannonists on this board too?

Randy might be the most overrated coach in UM history.

Anyone remember ole Randy trotting out Glen Cook and Romeo Davis game after game after game.

LOLOLOL

Randy didn't suck but he ain't all that.

Advertisement

Idk but we sure have a board full of people that love to play the same defense for 99% of the snaps

ohio state in the fiesta bowl had this crazy idea of sneaking the qb up the middle almost every play

randy is still on the drawing board trying to stop craig the machine krenzel

Idk but we sure have a board full of people that love to play the same defense for 99% of the snaps

ohio state in the fiesta bowl had this crazy idea of sneaking the qb up the middle almost every play

"QB up the middle" is the most overrated excuse for losing a game in UM history...dumb. Dorsey had 2 consecutive TOs that led to TDs, but let's blame the African American DC...stupid.

How about having a freshman #31 Glenn Sharpe on crucial 4th down and 3rd down plays against their best WR's.

"QB up the middle" is the most overrated excuse for losing a game in UM history...dumb. Dorsey had 2 consecutive TOs that led to TDs, but let's blame the African American DC...stupid.

oh god I must be racist since he's black and I'm criticizing him!

hurry everyone get your safe space prepped and ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back