Lol check this crooting update out

My gut is telling me he doesn’t either. Maybe a guy like Patke he finds a way to get a landing spot to replace with a recruiter, but I can’t see him moving the 3-4 that need to go. I hope to god we win 10 games this year and repeat it the following, and at some point Baker grows and Manny realizes he doesn’t need to blitz so much. IF those things happen and he can get a stud recruiter on the defensive side, maybe he can parlay that into building things in steps.

I guess the big thing is we need to crawl and walk before we can sprint, and that is going to take some time and patience. But we also need to be smart to get there and that’s gonna take a long look in the mirror for everyone on staff. I’d love nothing more than in 3-5 years to turn to my buddy at an ACCCG and say I was dead *** wrong about Manny and he is that dude.
You REALLY don't wanna hear my response to that... For the optimists out there ten games should be our reality yearly considering our talent and our schedule. Ten wins should ALWAYS be a bare minimum. Reality is LONG TERM those ten wins set us back for years. Just like cmr good season did. Cause when people simply see the results from one season they think it outweighs the problems in place and everything's fixed. Until the issues discussed are addressed than having A winning season will be detrimental to the programs long term success. Personally I'm of the belief the whole is much more important than a part. What matters is the program being in place to shine annually. Not for Mandy to take advantage of running from football powers or even decent teams and as a result have winning seasons. As stupid as it is to say at this point the goal isn't anything done in the ACC it should be being in place to win nationally & were far from that now.

Advertisement
I'm good as can be I suppose. Hope same goes for you brother. Myself I don't see him making changes necessary on defensive side of the ball. He feels his system is good enough to get by with them in place & their his boys. The reality is IF lashlee is creative enough in this spread and the line holds up any, than with the schedule we play yearly we should be top 10 coming into acccg where we get exposed. It's only against the top teir squads well run into trouble & his boys won't cut it. Doubt that changes
So here's the thing - I'm exhausted with watching the Canes and hating the HC. Richt had one good year, Golden bought himself some leeway with his lines (but everyone quickly soured on him). It's been over a decade at this point.

I don't have the energy anymore to hate Diaz. If the University cared about football he'd have been sacked last year - they clearly don't.

Diaz at least recognised that Enos and his buddies weren't cutting the mustard, so he quickly pulled the trigger and brought in a significant upgrade across the board on the offensive staff. That was an expensive mistake, but he at least didn't let his ego get in the way of correcting it - although I'm sure he had some horrible conversations behind closed doors with the powers that be who had funded the Enos staff.

Let's see how it goes. If we win 10 games for a couple of years, the problem with not being competitive with the to tier squads will sort itself out. Our best hope is that he becomes a CEO figurehead HC who hires good co-ordinators. He's certainly got the political background to do that. If he can rack up some wins on the football field he'll acquire the capital to bring in good coaches.

“ Lol at barely any results” Out of the 6 corners on the roster it’s 5 4 star dbs at the position. How in the **** does the cb room look like a joke? Y’all people just say anything apparently on here

Because nobody really cares about that little 4* designation like that...If you want to keep referring to DJ Ivey as a 4* CB (because according to some of you all 4* are "good" and represent "a good job recruiting"...Think about that. That is what you are arguing, that Mike Rumph is recruiting well because he gets 4*...REALITY: Some of hese players aren't really that good.

You REALLY don't wanna hear my response to that... For the optimists out there ten games should be our reality yearly considering our talent and our schedule. Ten wins should ALWAYS be a bare minimum. Reality is LONG TERM those ten wins set us back for years. Just like cmr good season did. Cause when people simply see the results from one season they think it outweighs the problems in place and everything's fixed. Until the issues discussed are addressed than having A winning season will be detrimental to the programs long term success. Personally I'm of the belief the whole is much more important than a part. What matters is the program being in place to shine annually. Not for Mandy to take advantage of running from football powers or even decent teams and as a result have winning seasons. As stupid as it is to say at this point the goal isn't anything done in the ACC it should be being in place to win nationally & were far from that now.
100% agree. Some people loved watching all of the FSU replays this week. I thought it was depressing as ****. Even that 2002 game, you could see some issues that came out vs Ohio St, and the cracks of future years, start to show.

I guess my thought is to keep the top top guys at home (your Surtains, Jacorey Brooks, James Williams, etc.) and have a chance at that playoff run, we need to establish multiple years of 10+ wins, NY6 games, developing guys into top three round picks. With our division and the fact that we don’t play Clemson in the regular season for years, 10 wins is a bare minimum.

I don’t know if Manny and Co. will ever get to the point of maximizing talent but I do know we need more of it to have any chance to reach the standards you and your teammates set. Dabo leaving would be a help too.

Advertisement
Because nobody really cares about that little 4* designation like that...If you want to keep referring to DJ Ivey as a 4* CB (because according to some of you all 4* are "good" and represent "a good job recruiting"...Think about that. That is what you are arguing, that Mike Rumph is recruiting well because he gets 4*...REALITY: Some of hese players aren't really that good.
Yeah I will Keep referring to that, the best teams have the most collective 4star or higher talent. Let some of these mfs tell it, we have recruited cb so poorly despite whatever the star rating says(which I believe as a group is at least over 90.5 average in bluechip rating at the position which is pretty **** good)

some of y’all act like because a player struggled in their first year playing(ivey) that they are overrated or can’t be good. Tyson campbell(who I was/am still high on) struggled mightily his freshman season despite the hype. It happens. Imo ivey flashed enough potential vs pitt, FSU and Louisville that he can be something if he plays with more urgency and gets faster.

I keep reading people give Diaz credit for firing Enos and a couple offensive coaches but did he really have a choice.Would he have survived after last year if he refused to do so.That was an easy move now firing a couple of his buddies which just about all cane fans see have no bness being on the team would have given us some hope he was doing all he could to turn it around and he said **** that I'm smarter than everyone else.

I keep reading people give Diaz credit for firing Enos and a couple offensive coaches but did he really have a choice.Would he have survived after last year if he refused to do so.That was an easy move now firing a couple of his buddies which just about all cane fans see have no bness being on the team would have given us some hope he was doing all he could to turn it around and he said **** that I'm smarter than everyone else.
This times 100. Enos, Stubblefield, and Barry he pretty much had no say on after that abortion. He also likely had no loyalty to the latter two, assuming he let Enos choose his staff. Getting rid of deadweight and some of his guys that he has had history with would have shown something.

Before the usual responses... the offense sucking and the defense being equally responsible for four losses are not mutually exclusive.

Advertisement
This times 100. Enos, Stubblefield, and Barry he pretty much had no say on after that abortion. He also likely had no loyalty to the latter two, assuming he let Enos choose his staff. Getting rid of deadweight and some of his guys that he has had history with would have shown something.

Before the usual responses... the offense sucking and the defense being equally responsible for four losses are not mutually exclusive.
I agree with this and was all for hiring a better defensive staff. At the same time, if a first year HC has a bad year then fires his whole staff, what elite position coaches would join his staff? You can't just fire 6 coaches every year. Offense was the most pressing need. If the D is lacking again this season then hopefully he changes some coaches on that side of the ball.

The best case would be adding an elite LB & CB coach. We need to start landing the top tier talent at those 2 positions from our back yard.

So here's the thing - I'm exhausted with watching the Canes and hating the HC. Richt had one good year, Golden bought himself some leeway with his lines (but everyone quickly soured on him). It's been over a decade at this point.

I don't have the energy anymore to hate Diaz. If the University cared about football he'd have been sacked last year - they clearly don't.

Diaz at least recognised that Enos and his buddies weren't cutting the mustard, so he quickly pulled the trigger and brought in a significant upgrade across the board on the offensive staff. That was an expensive mistake, but he at least didn't let his ego get in the way of correcting it - although I'm sure he had some horrible conversations behind closed doors with the powers that be who had funded the Enos staff.

Let's see how it goes. If we win 10 games for a couple of years, the problem with not being competitive with the to tier squads will sort itself out. Our best hope is that he becomes a CEO figurehead HC who hires good co-ordinators. He's certainly got the political background to do that. If he can rack up some wins on the football field he'll acquire the capital to bring in good coaches.
It's not Mandy anywhere near as much as it is the administration. If we continue to look for short cuts won't be much change to it. Mandy is similar to afraid in his loyalty to his boys. Where we're lucky is his system and his boys are NOWHERE near as much of a liability as alfrauds were. People will hate me even more but I still say if alfraud could've simply been forced to get rid of his butt buddy and adapted his personality to be a lil more personable he would've done good here. All coaches that aren't adminstrative in nature need to surround themselves with strong staff. Absolutely no issue if we had a strong staff. The issue is when you stay away from one side of the ball and surround yourself with yes men on the other side. From all staffs I've been around I think strong personalities are critical. You need people that know what they're talking about who will check you at any given moment. That's not to say as a head coach you do what's advised. But atleast you listen when your staff has an opinion. That's hasn't happened on this staff or the last few honestly. Not to harp on the usual but most successful staffs(like Butch,Jimmy,Dennis,Howard etc)have strong personalities. To be clear I don't HATE any of our coaches. As a person I'm not wild about alfraud or Mandy. But taking my own dealings with each out of the equation Mandy atleast is relatively likeable. I'm just someone who believes the program means something.

Last edited:
100% agree. Some people loved watching all of the FSU replays this week. I thought it was depressing as ****. Even that 2002 game, you could see some issues that came out vs Ohio St, and the cracks of future years, start to show.

I guess my thought is to keep the top top guys at home (your Surtains, Jacorey Brooks, James Williams, etc.) and have a chance at that playoff run, we need to establish multiple years of 10+ wins, NY6 games, developing guys into top three round picks. With our division and the fact that we don’t play Clemson in the regular season for years, 10 wins is a bare minimum.

I don’t know if Manny and Co. will ever get to the point of maximizing talent but I do know we need more of it to have any chance to reach the standards you and your teammates set. Dabo leaving would be a help too.
I disagree on the dabo part. We need more successful programs in the ACC. Honestly it's probably the only way we achieve any real success because we'll have an accurate barometer for where we are as a squad. What's the saying iron sharpens iron or steel sharpens steel. Whatever Saying is its self explanatory. As a competitor you live for competition. That's from teammates,that's from ur opposition,that's from ur staff. That's why I'll always hate ufag and no matter how much I hate them I'll always respect fspoo. That mentality is obviously one of the many reasons I'm not wild about things going on with the program. It started under Coker and became rampant when he had art & Sarge fall on the sword for him. Mediocrity should never be acceptable. People that have issues with that mindset simply strive for mediocrity themselves.

I agree with this and was all for hiring a better defensive staff. At the same time, if a first year HC has a bad year then fires his whole staff, what elite position coaches would join his staff? You can't just fire 6 coaches every year. Offense was the most pressing need. If the D is lacking again this season then hopefully he changes some coaches on that side of the ball.

The best case would be adding an elite LB & CB coach. We need to start landing the top tier talent at those 2 positions from our back yard.
What some people fail to realize is we don't need to bring in another cb coach. Whether you like Mike as a coach or not what you NEED is one db coach maximizing the talents of HIS DBS teaching them all the same core principles and all being on the same page. NOT SOME MORONIC PRINCIPLE OF A STRIKER COACH,SAFETY COACH & CORNER COACH... The distinction for that is solely for recruiting benefits with any real staff. Not the case here though.

Advertisement
I disagree on the dabo part. We need more successful programs in the ACC. Honestly it's probably the only way we achieve any real success because we'll have an accurate barometer for where we are as a squad. What's the saying iron sharpens iron or steel sharpens steel. Whatever Saying is its self explanatory. As a competitor you live for competition. That's from teammates,that's from ur opposition,that's from ur staff. That's why I'll always hate ufag and no matter how much I hate them I'll always respect fspoo. That mentality is obviously one of the many reasons I'm not wild about things going on with the program. It started under Coker and became rampant when he had art & Sarge fall on the sword for him. Mediocrity should never be acceptable. People that have issues with that mindset simply strive for mediocrity themselves.
That’s fair. We just are so far from Clemson right now both in player talent/depth and coaching talent, but I guess there is your barometer to how far this program is from the top of the mountain. Similar to FSU from 96 until 2000.

At some point, I hope we see Manny’s killer instinct like Butch showed when he fired Miller. I guess the other hope is the defensive staff is so green, maybe/hopefully/I pray they learn and develop on the job.

This is where I don’t get a kid like Dematrius Davis making another commitment. He decommits from VT, can’t take visits but will commit to Auburn now??? He’s good enough to wait. Why not wait?
Because he wants to lock in a spot at Barn. But his recruitment is not over.

That’s fair. We just are so far from Clemson right now both in player talent/depth and coaching talent, but I guess there is your barometer to how far this program is from the top of the mountain. Similar to FSU from 96 until 2000.

At some point, I hope we see Manny’s killer instinct like Butch showed when he fired Miller. I guess the other hope is the defensive staff is so green, maybe/hopefully/I pray they learn and develop on the job.
Personally I'll agree the depth is NOWHERE NEAR where it needs to be. Not only from because our evaluations are very subpar but mainly because our staff doesn't bother to develop them. The only hope for development stems from starters. Our line play is and has been our biggest problem. That's what seperates us from elite teams from a talent perspective. It's our line play and our depth. The other main factor is our scheme and staff. Only so much can be put on the kids.

Advertisement
Personally I'll agree the depth is NOWHERE NEAR where it needs to be. Not only from because our evaluations are very subpar but mainly because our staff doesn't bother to develop them. The only hope for development stems from starters. Our line play is and has been our biggest problem. That's what seperates us from elite teams from a talent perspective. It's our line play and our depth. The other main factor is our scheme and staff. Only so much can be put on the kids.
Agree 100, and I also hope we can start letting guys redshirt or develop before tossing them out there because of our **** depth, misses in evals, transfers. This really goes back to your point with the line being a weakness. I still can’t believe what they trotted out against UF last year on the OL in terms of experience, and then the position they put them in against Greenard. I hope we get to the point where we can let a guy like Walker develop a bit physically and mentally, or at least not be fully reliant on a true freshman at such a key spot. At least let him ease his way in over the course of that first year.

I like what I have seen and heard so far from Justice but at this point I just want results and wins in the fall.

What some people fail to realize is we don't need to bring in another cb coach. Whether you like Mike as a coach or not what you NEED is one db coach maximizing the talents of HIS DBS teaching them all the same core principles and all being on the same page. NOT SOME MORONIC PRINCIPLE OF A STRIKER COACH,SAFETY COACH & CORNER COACH... The distinction for that is solely for recruiting benefits with any real staff. Not the case here though.

What you post is what i been posting for about 3 years now. Part of the reason folks think i just sh*t on Rumph...my opinion always been that on D they are wasting coaches. I have no clue why we have a striker coach...who coaches like 3 players a year...like legitimately could have a high type GA doing that work.

Yeah I will Keep referring to that, the best teams have the most collective 4star or higher talent. Let some of these mfs tell it, we have recruited cb so poorly despite whatever the star rating says(which I believe as a group is at least over 90.5 average in bluechip rating at the position which is pretty **** good)

some of y’all act like because a player struggled in their first year playing(ivey) that they are overrated or can’t be good. Tyson campbell(who I was/am still high on) struggled mightily his freshman season despite the hype. It happens. Imo ivey flashed enough potential vs pitt, FSU and Louisville that he can be something if he plays with more urgency and gets faster.

Your 4* comparison is in a "vacuum" or perfect world and assuming your evaluators know what they are doing and avoid overrated players. What matters is results

Lol "more urgency"...Where you dudes come up with this ****? My god is that corny and cliche

Your 4* comparison is in a "vacuum" or perfect world and assuming your evaluators know what they are doing and avoid overrated players. What matters is results

Lol "more urgency"...Where you dudes come up with this ****? My god is that corny and cliche

I laughed at that too. Clemson started a walk on corner at one point and put him in the league. Guess it had to do with urgency and not coaching.

Advertisement
Back