Logan Sagapolu Oregon OG Transfers to Miami

Advertisement
Logan Sagapolu would be Mario's 1st polynesian to sign with Miami under the Cristobal era.

Many have said once Miami gets one Poly player then the flood gates will open with a rush of Polynesian players, well it's raining in Florida today. Let's see if he enrolls today at Miami.

Go Canes
Gimme my guy from IMG and then that **** will explode.

A day after former Oregon OL Logan Sagapolu entered the transfer portal, Miami Hurricanes coach Alex Mirabal spoke with the 6-2, 340-pounder.

That was Jan. 19, and it was the only conversation Sagapolu needed.

"We have a spot for you," Mirabal told him. "We'd like you to come down and join us again, start what we started back at Oregon."

That's what Sagapolu is doing. He arrived in Miami Sunday night for an official visit to UM with his parents. and Wednesday he enrolled in classes. While he'd never seen Miami ("I'd heard it's nice," he said), this was his chance to make sure he wanted to be in Coral Gables.

And he does.

"I'm committed, will be checked in and registered (for classes)," Sagapolu said.

That happened today, which is the final day to register at UM for the spring semester.

Sagapolu can play center or guard but thinks he will start out at guard, where DJ Scaife and Jalen Rivers also have starting experience.

Others that chased him in the portal were Colorado and Washington.

Sagapolu will be a redshirt freshman, and coming off a torn triceps injury suffered in fall drills he says he'll be 100 percent for the start of spring practice. He was working as a second-team right guard at Oregon at the time of the injury, and he didn't play as a true freshman.

Alex Mirabal and Mario Cristobal won't be the only coaches from Oregon that Sagapolu will work with on a daily basis. He's also looking forward to reuniting with strength coach Aaron Feld.

"I progressed a lot under him, he helped me mature a lot not only as a college athlete but as a person, student," Sagapolu said. "He’s a really good players coach. He really gets to know you, takes the time to motivate you.

Sagapolu was a consensus 3-star prospect out of Lehi (Utah) Skyridge High School and played in the 2019 Polynesian Bowl.

Out of high school he was rated the No. 6 center in the country and third overall prospect in Utah by Rivals.

Also of note: His father, Tavita Sagapolu, was also his high school coach.

Two years ago he chose Oregon over Arizona, BYU, Hawaii, Nebraska, Utah, Virginia and Washington State.
Sounds like Coach Justice but with more experience and understanding of game and technique.

Advertisement
Mario recruiter this kid. Saw him in the building two years. And still chose to bring him in. Even tho he’s green I like that we got him

Advertisement
Just to me what it means amigo I'm old school like Mario I don't know all this emoji **** I deleted all emojis so it wouldn't distract me from my posting game
You're all good my man. It's all good. Your comment was one of the first I read after hearing he committed here. I want every player who commits to Miami to succeed (obviously that won't happen), so I thought a big pair of eyes to your comment was appropriate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back