Local DT Silvera talks Miami offer (HAS COMMITTED!)

Advertisement
Coach speak coming at you based on his highlight film.

Positives:
- good violent initial punch
- good size
- good motor and doesn't seem to quit on a play
- great form tackler
- awareness to use hands

Negatives:
- once engaged tends to stand upright
- his eyes get locked in the backfield sometimes and his feet stop moving
- rarely gets his hands inside
- relies on bullying lesser opponents
- doesn't seem to get off the ball that quickly (this may be a cases of a two gap system, not sure the defensive scheme they run)

Someone had mentioned before, how is this guy a 3-star only, I can see why. He's a good talent with lots of great tools to work with, but he really has to work on that off the line explosiveness, gets caught looking in the backfield often, which I mentioned before could be a system thing.
Keys to look for as a defensive linemen are, 1) explosiveness off the line; 2) hands use; 3) leverage; and 4) explosiveness off the line.

His best fit is the be a true 1Tech/NT who just gobbles up doubles, essentially a fridge magnet. Get his strength up and sitting at 315-325 and he'll make the remainder of the defense look good.

No offense, but how did you come to all these conclusions and not be able to tell what defensive scheme they are running? Just curious.

I'm assuming they are running a two-gap system, I'm not going to guarantee that's what they run, I'm not the DC. They also might run some plays where it asks for two-gap and others one gap. It comes down to not on on the sideline or practices, or the DC outright stating to the public what it is. We can only assume.

This right here, a Voltron reference, outstanding, and keep the old school WWF or NWO gifs coming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy Crap! I haven't seen you around in a long time. Where have you been hiding?

Been here, never left, with the job though having me travel around the country promoting and selling my company's cigars (Espinosa Cigars, yes that is a shameless plug) every other week it's hard to sometimes catch up and as [MENTION=11297]HarrietTubmanCane[/MENTION] said showing some mature restraint with some of these fools posting, but **** it if that Voltron reference and video didn't stir something inside of me and my inner geek!
[MENTION=11297]HarrietTubmanCane[/MENTION] you should check out the new Voltron on Netflix, it's really interesting and got my daughter hooked on it, I know I know this dork procreated, it's crazy I know, guess there's hope for these mopes out there...

Anywho course correction, huzzah!! Great DT commit HUZZAH!! Proceed with old school WWF or NWO gifs

Btw living legend [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] you've brought some great ones, but you are missing Big John Stud & Nikolai Volkov & The American Dream Dusty Rhodes good sir

Last edited:

This right here, a Voltron reference, outstanding, and keep the old school WWF or NWO gifs coming!

Holy Crap! I haven't seen you around in a long time. Where have you been hiding?

Been here, never left, with the job though having me travel around the country promoting and selling my company's cigars (Espinosa Cigars, yes that is a shameless plug) every other week it's hard to sometimes catch up and as [MENTION=11297]HarrietTubmanCane[/MENTION] said showing some mature restraint with some of these fools posting, but **** it if that Voltron reference and video didn't stir something inside of me and my inner geek!
[MENTION=11297]HarrietTubmanCane[/MENTION] you should check out the new Voltron on Netflix, it's really interesting and got my daughter hooked on it, I know I know this dork procreated, it's crazy I know, guess there's hope for these mopes out there...

Anywho course correction, huzzah!! Great DT commit HUZZAH!! Proceed with old school WWF or NWO gifs

Btw living legend @Franchise you've brought some great ones, but you are missing Big John Stud & Nikolai Volkov & The American Dream Dusty Rhodes good sir

Espinosa Cigars.....great smoke!!!

(shameless as well)

Advertisement

Btw living legend @Franchise you've brought some great ones, but you are missing Big John Stud & Nikolai Volkov & The American Dream Dusty Rhodes good sir

Espinosa Cigars.....great smoke!!!

(shameless as well)

My man

At about the 56 second mark of his highlights there , the kid he's running at on the extr point attempt full speed unblocked must be $hitting bricks. Poor guy got bulldozed and didn't even have the ball anymore 😂😂

I thought the same thing. Made me giggle.

Advertisement
In terms of recruiting Surtain I think it's all about opportunity cost and allocation of resources. The point being that when you have commitments from and are in great standing/in the lead with so many other elite kids why waste an unnecessary amount of time on a kid that seems lukewarm. I think this coaching staff's strategy going forward will bear that out. Right now it seems like the staff believes their valuable time is best served targeting another elite CB Assante Samuel Jr(best pure cover CB in the state) who they believe they have a much better chance of eventually landing despite FSU having the lead at the moment. Like I said earlier though if Surtain wants to jump on this train I don't think anyone would turn him away.

Completely agree with this analysis.

In terms of recruiting Surtain I think it's all about opportunity cost and allocation of resources. The point being that when you have commitments from and are in great standing/in the lead with so many other elite kids why waste an unnecessary amount of time on a kid that seems lukewarm. I think this coaching staff's strategy going forward will bear that out. Right now it seems like the staff believes their valuable time is best served targeting another elite CB Assante Samuel Jr(best pure cover CB in the state) who they believe they have a much better chance of eventually landing despite FSU having the lead at the moment. Like I said earlier though if Surtain wants to jump on this train I don't think anyone would turn him away.

Thank you for quoting it because I would have missed it otherwise.

[MENTION=2023]FrancisSaywer[/MENTION] is one of our best posters. Just don't touch his stuff. Keep your meat hooks off.

Advertisement

[MENTION=2023]FrancisSaywer[/MENTION] is one of our best posters. Just don't touch his stuff. Keep your meat hooks off.

He's also got a good eye for talent. He's sent me videos of a couple prospects that severely underrated and have talent

Coach speak coming at you based on his highlight film.

Positives:
- good violent initial punch
- good size
- good motor and doesn't seem to quit on a play
- great form tackler
- awareness to use hands

Negatives:
- once engaged tends to stand upright
- his eyes get locked in the backfield sometimes and his feet stop moving
- rarely gets his hands inside
- relies on bullying lesser opponents
- doesn't seem to get off the ball that quickly (this may be a cases of a two gap system, not sure the defensive scheme they run)

Someone had mentioned before, how is this guy a 3-star only, I can see why. He's a good talent with lots of great tools to work with, but he really has to work on that off the line explosiveness, gets caught looking in the backfield often, which I mentioned before could be a system thing.
Keys to look for as a defensive linemen are, 1) explosiveness off the line; 2) hands use; 3) leverage; and 4) explosiveness off the line.

His best fit is the be a true 1Tech/NT who just gobbles up doubles, essentially a fridge magnet. Get his strength up and sitting at 315-325 and he'll make the remainder of the defense look good.

No offense, but how did you come to all these conclusions and not be able to tell what defensive scheme they are running? Just curious.

I'm assuming they are running a two-gap system, I'm not going to guarantee that's what they run, I'm not the DC. They also might run some plays where it asks for two-gap and others one gap. It comes down to not on on the sideline or practices, or the DC outright stating to the public what it is. We can only assume.

I can assure you that their defense is not that advanced at American Heritage.

And.............. I don't like anyone touching me! Any of you ....Homos....Touch me...And I'll kill you!

Advertisement

He's also got a good eye for talent. He's sent me videos of a couple prospects that severely underrated and have talent

Thank you for the kind words. I'm a football junkie like yourself and most here. It's great to have a good forum like this to be able to get my canes football fix and have so many knowledgeable fans to discuss it with. Cheersl

Advertisement
Back