Live Thread Updates- High School Media Day

He’s clearly begging for an official offer from Ohio State.

This is the quote from the interview with the Athletic (SPOILER: he’s not solid)
And this is why they're keeping Balom on the back burner.Looks like Banda will have another Jobe,Stevenson situation here.

Advertisement

This is the quote from the interview with the Athletic (SPOILER: he’s not solid)

wait wait wait...wasnt he solid when he came back in the fold? LOL. bleep recruiting. this is crowley all over again. the moment he gets the OSU offer, you drop him and move on.

bet your *** if ryan day flops this year and we win 11 games, he's still going to OSU. it only takes a winning season for miami. OSU gets the benefit of a doubt with a FIRST YEAR HC too breaking in an overhyped now sophomore (yes overhyped bc his *** hasn't done **** in college and ran away)

the quote is more telling than the feel good stefan posted

If we produce on the field I think he will be a Cane. Kids want to be apart of winning programs. We are currently not a winning program. We need 10 or 11 wins this year & not have it be a fluke like 2 seasons ago.

Advertisement
If we produce on the field I think he will be a Cane. Kids want to be apart of winning programs. We are currently not a winning program. We need 10 or 11 wins this year & not have it be a fluke like 2 seasons ago.

so what's the argument for UF that often gets the benefit fo the doubt or FSU? Ryan Day is as close urban as manny diaz is, but OSU is given the benefit of the doubt and allow him to actually do it. jaden left bc manny left and then came back when manny did, but now something changed even tho neither OSU or uM have played a single game? come the bleep on. hes using us a placeholder as crowley was. if ryan day wins 6 games this year bc his QB play stinks and he isnt urban, **** still be at OSU bc they don't get held to the same standard as miami does. the winning program is just BS for these kids same as it was for Donnell Harris. everything about miami was the same at the time he JF came back to UM as it is now except our coaching (offseason wise) seems to be improved. for OSU, they're every bit of an unknown as we are and theyre also entering with a first year HC that he doesn't have close to the same relationship w as he does w manny and co. wed win 10 games and the excuse will be that we didnt win 11. wed win 11 and the excuse will be that we didnt beat the best QB in the country (sunshine). wed beat sunshine and the excuse will be that we lost to saban in the playoff. there's always an excuse for these kids.

so what's the argument for UF that often gets the benefit fo the doubt or FSU? Ryan Day is as close urban as manny diaz is, but OSU is given the benefit of the doubt and allow him to actually do it. jaden left bc manny left and then came back when manny did, but now something changed even tho neither OSU or uM have played a single game? come the bleep on. hes using us a placeholder as crowley was. if ryan day wins 6 games this year bc his QB play stinks and he isnt urban, **** still be at OSU bc they don't get held to the same standard as miami does.

I don't know then man maybe he just wants to go to OSU over Miami then. They are consistently putting out first rounders at DB & we're putting out 5th & 6th rounders. Doubt it will be because of bags though since they didn't even bother sending him an official offer. If OSU does shït the bed & win only 6 games that would most likely be perceived as fluke by National & they'd be highly ranked again going into the following year. They have the horses in the stable.

Besides 💼 opportunities these kids love attention from little league up.
When the commit and are all orange and green and living there dream at Miami, the attention drops off .
Days / months go by and no YOUR THE GREATEST, BEST EVER WE WANT U all gone so to speak.
So they open recruiting for attention and jet setting travel and of course bag 💼.

This is the reason, plus scared there’s competition as others commit and there not the man anymore and have to earn there position something they never had to do so they look for other colleges who promise them to start.

GOCANES

If he's scared of competition, he shouldn't go to Ohio St. They have some ridiculous DB talent coming in.

Advertisement
If he's scared of competition, he shouldn't go to Ohio St. They have some ridiculous DB talent coming in.
The continued scared of competition sour grapes trope is a good way to see which fans have grape jelly for brains. We are losing kids to programs with every bit or more talent than we have, and making ourselves feel better by denigrating the kids and programs they commit to.

No need to lie to ourselves. Bags is a better excuse than ‘scared of competition.’

Sad thing is osu is basically telling him you are a backup plan and we don't think you are good enough to just take now.

Miami treating the dude like he is a 5 star and he still begging the school that don't want him.

yep. It really looks like OSU is done at DB unless they can flip Elias Ricks. They have bigger issues right now with other positions - RB, for one. I think they are happy with their DB class as it is. Ricks will have a spot if he wants in.

Part of me wonders if this could be Francois putting out there he is open to considering others , too. IDK He only mentioned OSU but what happens if someone else comes calling??????

Advertisement
Pretty sure everyone is overreacting about Francois.
And the suckeyes supporters are coming out in droves...
source.gif

Xavier and his family are not that type of family. They don't need bags. His brother is about to be a 1st rounder...top 10 actually. What's a "bag" to them? Even if he wasn't, they wouldn't jeopardize his football career for a bag. If he doesn't pick Miami it won't be because he was offered a bag somewhere else. 🙄

Yeah you misunderstood what I posted. I agree. Apparently many people on this site still don’t understand sarcasm.

Advertisement
Ohio State has been killing it in terms of DB development. Could understand why someone would want to go there. Fortunately, it looks like he won’t end up there unless they have some decommits or someone else flips or gets forced out

That he was decommiting and going to Ohio St? I missed that one.

he can't commit to OSU bc eh doesn't have an offer, but he did say deciding between OSU and miami is tough. im not worried about leaving home. right now miami, but id have to see and talk with my parents or w.e. miami needs to win to keep him is what he replied to when asked what it would take to keep him home.

Ohio State has been killing it in terms of DB development. Could understand why someone would want to go there. Fortunately, it looks like he won’t end up there unless they have some decommits or someone else flips or gets forced out
only thing saving us from the flip. seems like a crowley situation to me, but he may not get the offer.

Advertisement
Back