Listened to a Podcast with Brad Tejada..

Advertisement
I’m confident the poster is being accurate, the question remains is whether the source behind the Podcast is accurate. But assuming the info is accurate, i can reach 2 alternate conclusions;
1. Manny likes Baker and is clueless and really thinks Baker can get the job done despite all obvious evidence to the contrary,
2. Manny knew he needed more money and acted as though he wanted to keep Baker, threw in money as a factor, and manipulated the BOT for more money.
Cynically I think #1, but then I remember that manny is the son of a politician and they are great at getting more money thru manipulation So I’ll settle on #2.
We out here looking for blood and Manny playing 4-D chess? I mean...it’s plausible. I’m with you though

Advertisement
Advertisement
Keeping Baker on staff in any capacity is ******* dumb. If Manny does decide to hire a new DC, he's severely limiting the candidate pool. Most coaches want to bring in their own staff, and they sure as **** don't want the guy who used to have the job hanging around.

Advertisement
Blake Baker being retain in any capacity is an unmitigated failure for Manny. Visualize this.....UNC ran for 5 and half FOOTBALL FIELDS worth of rushing.
Thank you!!

Enough PORTERS don't comprehend how bad this was. Its not as if the UNC game(s) were the only bad defensive performances over the last 2 years

So the story is that the University of Miami Board of Trustees had two meetings with Coach Manny Diaz between the bowl game and Jan. 4?

If that’s true, I wonder why Blake James hasn’t resigned or committed harry carey.
What did Harry Carey do to you..🤷‍♂️

I hope this isn't true because if it is accurate that Diaz was going to "run it back" until the BOT expressed its dissatisfaction, Diaz is done. Having the BOT telling the HC he needs to fire this guy or that guy is the end of the line. If Diaz went to the BOT and said I want to make these changes and need this amount to make it happen, that's a positive. If BOT is telling Diaz you need to make changes and here's all the extra money to get better people, then for f#cks sake, just fire him now and be done with it. Id much rather go into 2021 with Lashlee as HC on a 1 yr deal if that's the case. Dont waste 2 years of Taylor and Williams on a HC that doesn't think he needs to make a change after his DC gives up the school record in yards. Again, I hope this report is false.
TB I kind of take it as the BOT as hard as it is to believe,actually care a little about the program and they aren’t going to allow status Quo and now that they’ve given Manny more money to fix it it better get fixed or he’s outta here.

I know this might be a crazy take bug that’s the way I thought about it as I read it.

Advertisement
TB I kind of take it as the BOT as hard as it is to believe,actually care a little about the program and they aren’t going to allow status Quo and now that they’ve given Manny more money to fix it it better get fixed or he’s outta here.

I know this might be a crazy take bug that’s the way I thought about it as I read it.
A lot of them care very much about football and have opened their wallets. It’s the people deciding where that money is spent that’s the issue.

Advertisement
Back