Listened to a Podcast with Brad Tejada..

WestGA'Cane

Junior
to summarize, he said the Board met with Manny just after the bowl loss to see where Manny stood re: the defensive staff. Manny seemed set to run it back, with the exception of Rumph and of course Banda's expected departure. He added that Ed Reed and Banda didn't see eye-to-eye on some things.
According to Brad the trustees weren't exactly thrilled with Manny's plans and allowed time to "re-group" before again meeting with Diaz Mon. January 4. In that meeting trustees expressed concern regarding a repeat scenario of Golden-D'Nofrio in terms of the Diaz-Baker working relationship. Apparently finances for new staff members were then discussed, and Manny was given the backing to field a competitive crew on the defensive side of the ball. The board is confident in terms of the provision available for these hires to the point of saying the Diaz will fix the problem(s) coaching-wise on the defensive side of the ball - and if he doesn't we'll make sure it's fixed. That didn't come off to me as a threat to Diaz's job status, but assurance that quality hires would be made, and unqualified current staff members would be moved/removed. MY GUESS: Reid's evaluations may play a factor here.
So Manny has been given the resources to build his staff, according to Brad, with the inference being however that Blake Baker will NOT be defensive coordinator, or if retaining the title, being nothing more than a glorified position coach.

I personally find it interesting that the moment trustees leaned on Manny (if true)to break status quo, the topic of $ came up. Let's face it, Diaz hired Baker as D-Coordinator from La.Tech, so one would imagine the salary is moderate, possibly not even moderate as far as D-Coordinator salaries run. Patke was given a promotion/raise when Richt left, but guessing again a moderate salary for a position coach. Lord knows whatever Rumph got was too much. I always hear UM people saying there's plenty of money for coaches, BUT when looking at that side of the ball with Baker, Banda, Patke, and Rumph - these all would appear to be bargain-basement hires, coaches hired from HS ball, or lower-profile college positions. I'm troubled that though there's "plenty of money" for quality hires, that money somehow isn't always used. On offense? Yes. To overpay Manny? Yes. For the defensive staff? Remains to be seen.

Advertisement
to summarize, he said the Board met with Manny just after the bowl loss to see where Manny stood re: the defensive staff. Manny seemed set to run it back, with the exception of Rumph and of course Banda's expected departure. He added that Ed Reed and Banda didn't see eye-to-eye on some things.
According to Brad the trustees weren't exactly thrilled with Manny's plans and allowed time to "re-group" before again meeting with Diaz Mon. January 4. In that meeting trustees expressed concern regarding a repeat scenario of Golden-D'Nofrio in terms of the Diaz-Baker working relationship. Apparently finances for new staff members were then discussed, and Manny was given the backing to field a competitive crew on the defensive side of the ball. The board is confident in terms of the provision available for these hires to the point of saying the Diaz will fix the problem(s) coaching-wise on the defensive side of the ball - and if he doesn't we'll make sure it's fixed. That didn't come off to me as a threat to Diaz's job status, but assurance that quality hires would be made, and unqualified current staff members would be moved/removed. MY GUESS: Reid's evaluations may play a factor here.
So Manny has been given the resources to build his staff, according to Brad, with the inference being however that Blake Baker will NOT be defensive coordinator, or if retaining the title, being nothing more than a glorified position coach.

I personally find it interesting that the moment trustees leaned on Manny (if true)to break status quo, the topic of $ came up. Let's face it, Diaz hired Baker as D-Coordinator from La.Tech, so one would imagine the salary is moderate, possibly not even moderate as far as D-Coordinator salaries run. Patke was given a promotion/raise when Richt left, but guessing again a moderate salary for a position coach. Lord knows whatever Rumph got was too much. I always hear UM people saying there's plenty of money for coaches, BUT when looking at that side of the ball with Baker, Banda, Patke, and Rumph - these all would appear to be bargain-basement hires, coaches hired from HS ball, or lower-profile college positions. I'm troubled that though there's "plenty of money" for quality hires, that money somehow isn't always used. On offense? Yes. To overpay Manny? Yes. For the defensive staff? Remains to be seen.
Ed Reid Or Ed Reed

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Guys like Brad, Marsh and EndoGains entire existence is built upon being fake Twitter insiders.

I’d say Dan Sileo is more plugged in at this point.

marsh doesnt pretend to be an insider tho. the rest of them LOL. the only pods id listen to for info is really Through the Smoke, Navarros pod, and CIS pod when D money and Stefan are on

Advertisement
Everyone wants good news. No way some 3rd rate Twitter podcast team has the plug to the BOT meetings 😂
right. one of my profs at UM was on the board and he wouldn't share a single nugget outside of the BOT thinking on why we joined the ACC lol

marsh doesnt pretend to be an insider tho. the rest of them LOL. the only pods id listen to for info is really Through the Smoke, Navarros pod, and CIS pod when D money and Stefan are on
Kelvin is a massive homer. (Aren’t we all) But yea I trust him on mannys show more than these Twitter spammers

Advertisement
Back