List of recruits going to tonight game:

Tom,

Does going to the basketball game have any significance in the recruiting process (especially for kids who have already had their official visit)?

I have to imagine it does in terms of interacting with kids on the team.

I have no doubt Duke, Tracy, Deon et al will be in their ears all night about staying home.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm not sure what exactly in BigCaneAl's post is considered "sarcasm", it just looks like more foolishness to me.

Glad to see Al is tying the BBall team into his pitch, Coach L and Al have the Gables set up nicely for the next few years. I really want to see Coley, Collins, and Thomas here on signing day. Hope it all goes well.

Advertisement
I'm not sure what exactly in BigCaneAl's post is considered "sarcasm", it just looks like more foolishness to me.

Glad to see Al is tying the BBall team into his pitch, Coach L and Al have the Gables set up nicely for the next few years. I really want to see Coley, Collins, and Thomas here on signing day. Hope it all goes well.

https://twitter.com/15HARLEM_BOSKI/status/293141005354545153

1) Refer to the spelling of the word 'Rumors' in tweet above.
2) See post #12 where BigCaneAl proceeds to use the misspelled 'romors' ala Denver Kirkland

Agree w/ you in regards to Al and Coach L having a close relationship; definitely helps recruiting for both sides

Advertisement
If you're going tonight...don't be a late arriving crowd, please. Get there early and be boisterous during warmups. Sell it hard. This is good both for the FB recruits AND the hoops team. See you there.

Rashard sure spends a lot of time at UM for a guy that most thought we had no chance of turning.

It is interesting, Chise, but my spidey sense is telling me he's doing the dance with us, but being careful not to upset LSU. I think LSU probably strong armed him from taking an OV here but compromised to a "hanging out with his buddies" type of deal.

In the end, I'll be surprised if he ends up signing with us.

Rashard sure spends a lot of time at UM for a guy that most thought we had no chance of turning.

It is interesting, Chise, but my spidey sense is telling me he's doing the dance with us, but being careful not to upset LSU. I think LSU probably strong armed him from taking an OV here but compromised to a "hanging out with his buddies" type of deal.

In the end, I'll be surprised if he ends up signing with us.

I have a feeling we flip him. Seems like he wants to be here.

Advertisement
i don't know whether or not robinson is coming to UM, but, he's from pompano beach, which is northeast broward county. he didn't exactly grow up playing with or against most of these guys. it's a solid hour from his area to coral gables, with no traffic. so, he sure is going far out of his way on a weds night to do the dance w/ golden and UM. a lot of work. and you don't go down on an unofficial to just hang w/ a lot of guys you don't really know. he doesn't have any former teammates at UM and probably knows a handful of kids, but, again, he's going far out of his way if he has little to no interest in coming here.

Advertisement
i don't know whether or not robinson is coming to UM, but, he's from pompano beach, which is northeast broward county. he didn't exactly grow up playing with or against most of these guys. it's a solid hour from his area to coral gables, with no traffic. so, he sure is going far out of his way on a weds night to do the dance w/ golden and UM. a lot of work. and you don't go down on an unofficial to just hang w/ a lot of guys you don't really know. he doesn't have any former teammates at UM and probably knows a handful of kids, but, again, he's going far out of his way if he has little to no interest in coming here.

Good stuff. I think it's a pretty good indicator when a kid spends time on campus on his own dime multiple times.

Advertisement
Back