List of recruits going to tonight game:

Advertisement
Have to admit the thing with RR is odd. THought someone posted last night that he had told his coach he was 100% LSU. Now he's coming down here AGAIN to hang out with UM recruits, at a school he's not going to go to? Sounds like this kid may not be as 100% to LSU as has been reported.

I am bothered by the Kirkland thing though. All these kids coming and he's not? If we were his choice, why wouldnt he be here? Im not buying the "if he came everyone knows he picked us" thing. RR is supposedly an LSU kid, and he's coming. All these others are uncommitted and coming. Kirkland hasnt committed anywhere yet. Dont think him coming here for a ball game would blow his announcement of where he is going.

Just feels odd to me.

Very good news on Grace though.

He told the world he's made up his mind where he's going, and that he'll announce it on Feb 1st. You don't think he wants some mystery for his big announcement? If he didn't, then he wouldn't be holding an event to make the announcement. He shows up to a big recruiting event at UM, and it's pretty obvious to anyone that's where he's going taking the wind out of his sails.

Rashard sure spends a lot of time at UM for a guy that most thought we had no chance of turning.

It is interesting, Chise, but my spidey sense is telling me he's doing the dance with us, but being careful not to upset LSU. I think LSU probably strong armed him from taking an OV here but compromised to a "hanging out with his buddies" type of deal.

In the end, I'll be surprised if he ends up signing with us.

That's a long *** ride from Pompano just to play footsies with some dudes he might not even know all that well. This dude's going to be in UM's class. He's on UM's campus so much he's starting to turn Asian.

I suppose. Not the first time a kid comes in for an unofficial. Besides, it's Duke. PB is a reasonable difference and the kid might even get caught up in the hoopla and commit to Golden. But in the end, LSU will have Avery Johnson over him and some cash to consider. That will be tough to turn down.

It might, however, be the first time a kid's driven an hour each way to go to 34 unofficial visits though.

I'm not all that familiar with his relationship with Avery Johnson. Have they stated that they're some sort of package deal, or did they just happen to go to the same HS?

amanda @Grind2Glory

I know my #CanesFam gonna show bighead @Budda03 love at the game tonight! I better hear "budda... Budda.."!

I guess you guys now have a chant for AC

Last edited:
Have to admit the thing with RR is odd. THought someone posted last night that he had told his coach he was 100% LSU. Now he's coming down here AGAIN to hang out with UM recruits, at a school he's not going to go to? Sounds like this kid may not be as 100% to LSU as has been reported.

I am bothered by the Kirkland thing though. All these kids coming and he's not? If we were his choice, why wouldnt he be here? Im not buying the "if he came everyone knows he picked us" thing. RR is supposedly an LSU kid, and he's coming. All these others are uncommitted and coming. Kirkland hasnt committed anywhere yet. Dont think him coming here for a ball game would blow his announcement of where he is going.

Just feels odd to me.

He told the world he's made up his mind where he's going, and that he'll announce it on Feb 1st. You don't think he wants some mystery for his big announcement? If he didn't, then he wouldn't be holding an event to make the announcement. He shows up to a big recruiting event at UM, and it's pretty obvious to anyone that's where he's going taking the wind out of his sails.

Agree. The BTW boys are trying their darndest to portray themselves as fence sitters but they are all cane, imo - always have been. I'm not worried about Kirk or thomas.

Rashard sure spends a lot of time at UM for a guy that most thought we had no chance of turning.

It is interesting, Chise, but my spidey sense is telling me he's doing the dance with us, but being careful not to upset LSU. I think LSU probably strong armed him from taking an OV here but compromised to a "hanging out with his buddies" type of deal.

That's a long *** ride from Pompano just to play footsies with some dudes he might not even know all that well. This dude's going to be in UM's class. He's on UM's campus so much he's starting to turn Asian.

I suppose. Not the first time a kid comes in for an unofficial. Besides, it's Duke. PB is a reasonable difference and the kid might even get caught up in the hoopla and commit to Golden. But in the end, LSU will have Avery Johnson over him and some cash to consider. That will be tough to turn down.

It might, however, be the first time a kid's driven an hour each way to go to 34 unofficial visits though.

I'm not all that familiar with his relationship with Avery Johnson. Have they stated that they're some sort of package deal, or did they just happen to go to the same HS?

Welp, Patrick Peterson was all over campus on officials and unofficials, but yeah, I hear ya. As for Avery Johnson, I'll defer to a guru on here but I thought I read somewhere earlier this year about their close relationship.

Advertisement

Just feels odd to me.

Seriously, can anyone show me where Kirkland says he's NOT going to the game?

i don't know whether or not robinson is coming to UM, but, he's from pompano beach, which is northeast broward county. he didn't exactly grow up playing with or against most of these guys. it's a solid hour from his area to coral gables, with no traffic. so, he sure is going far out of his way on a weds night to do the dance w/ golden and UM. a lot of work. and you don't go down on an unofficial to just hang w/ a lot of guys you don't really know. he doesn't have any former teammates at UM and probably knows a handful of kids, but, again, he's going far out of his way if he has little to no interest in coming here.

^^^ i thought guys realized that.....he actually is from DEERFIELD Beach which is **** near palm beach...just one light away.

He knows the guys from this years camp circuit..but not like that.....kid def has interest...an i think his coach is shielding it also...he's the steal i definately want......bout 6'2-6'3 with speed and is a late bloomer....kid barely played at deerfield...transfers to ely and becomes a star.

I know 6 and Collins were there (two most important IMO) can anyone confirm anyone else?

Advertisement
Recruits that didn't make it to the game and thought, "****, that would of been rockin!"

Well.... Lets just say, I hope they don't go somewhere else and say, "****, that would of been rockin!" When we be winning!

Last edited:

They're all from the same neighborhood. RR, Avery, and Patrick Peterson grew up together

Guys I am a Duke hoops fan, with that said Miami people best be out supporting the U tonight and making that place loud as fugg. Miami needs to win this game tonight not just for the hoops program but for the football team. Rep the U brand in full force and show these recruits the love all **** night. For one night only fvck Duke hoops, Go CANES!

Done!

Advertisement

Just feels odd to me.

It's obviously a plus to have them all on campus at the game, but who really knows why they are going. They could have pushed for a ticket because it is the #1 ranked team in America coming in to play.

They ain't number one anymore

Pretty sure they've been friends for some time. Social circles are pretty small.

Yeah the "coming to hang out with his friends" thing doesn't make any sense unless Robinson has become buddies with our commits/recruits, which is only good news for UM.

With all those recruits in attendance, me thinks that only 1 or 2 are on the fence and the rest of them are going to be Canes. As a long shot theory, it seems like the rallied together for a couple recruits to convince them to stay home ala Tracy Howard.

Wouldn't be surprised if more than half of those visitors don't throw up the U on NSD, however, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic that we'll get all of those guys at the U.

Advertisement
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1295144 said:
What are the chances ESPN shows all the recruits kickin it in the stands?

Does this site just melt down if they all throw up the []_[] when the cameras show them?

ESPN won't even know who they are. You might see them if they are near Golden and the camera pans his way, but they don't know/care about the recruits at the game.

I was bein sarcastic I knew there was no way they would show them but, to pretend they didn't know they were there is ludicrous bro. ESPNU exists they know every kid in the 150 includin the 6 at the game tonight that they did their best to ignore while Miami kicked the dog squall outta Duke. I take it as a positive. ESPN didn't wana give the kids pub at the game cause ESPN figures they would be like "**** we got on TV for goin to a []_[]M game," just like Weezy F. Baby and Warren Sapp and Barry Larkin and Jason Taylor and all the other HOfers that showed up to see the show.

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1299875 said:
Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1295144 said:
What are the chances ESPN shows all the recruits kickin it in the stands?

Does this site just melt down if they all throw up the []_[] when the cameras show them?

ESPN won't even know who they are. You might see them if they are near Golden and the camera pans his way, but they don't know/care about the recruits at the game.

I was bein sarcastic I knew there was no way they would show them but, to pretend they didn't know they were there is ludicrous bro. ESPNU exists they know every kid in the 150 includin the 6 at the game tonight that they did their best to ignore while Miami kicked the dog squall outta Duke. I take it as a positive. ESPN didn't wana give the kids pub at the game cause ESPN figures they would be like "**** we got on TV for goin to a []_[]M game," just like Weezy F. Baby and Warren Sapp and Barry Larkin and Jason Taylor and all the other HOfers that showed up to see the show.

did they show lil wayne on tv?

Advertisement
Back