Lingard's position coach talks with CIS

Advertisement
Sounds like he comes from a great family. This staff prioritizes those kids early because when they commit they usually stick (plus they have less discipline/grades issues)

Love what Richt is building.

If we can get 11 wins this year we can have a top 5 class..can this really be happening?

One thing that jumped out for me was that Richt was his first offer - from Georgia.

Makes me wonder if Richt has some other surprises not on the horizon.

This is why Richt said it really takes more than 2 years to start developing these relationships. "It starts in the 8th and 9th grade these days, and sometimes earlier."

He gets it from that perspective. If you're the HC at Miami and you aren't at those youth football practices building relatonships with local coaches and families... then you're behind.

The great equalizer for Miami (in terms of our small booster support, private school, lack of many bagmen, etc) is the relationships we can develop in So Fla that other coaches simply can't due to proximity. It is the reason Miami is ALWAYS CFB's #1 sleeping giant. I'd say Houston is #2 .

Advertisement
Canes fans this commit by Lingard tells you how important establishing and maintaining a relationship with recruits happens to be. Mark Richt and Thomas Brown started this relationship with Lingard at Georgia two years ago. Its basically a 2 to even 4 year process of building that relationship between a coaching staff and recruits. This is what the Miami Hurricanes head coach and staff should be doing in South Florida because they have an advantage over everybody in the nation not named FIU and FAU. Al Golden and staff wasn't building relationship in South Florida like they should been doing in the first place. They acted like they where outsiders in South Florida.

One thing that jumped out for me was that Richt was his first offer - from Georgia.

I'm too lazy to wade into those waters but I wonder if they're salty about this over on the UGA boards? They're probably still on a delusional high about their 2017 class and refusing to acknowledge that Curby won't develop any of them but I bet it catches their attention if another elite kid comes here that Rick first established a relationship with while in Athens.

You know I gotta say I've been thinking this kid was going to be a total ******* when December rolls around and be a major example of crootin BS, but this kid sounds totally locked in. With his dad saying its shut down, and [MENTION=6088]Tweed[/MENTION] being a strong Cane influence, I think maybe we might get very little BS in comparison to expectations.

If this kid doesn't take any OV's except for us, I will be absolutely ******* shocked and excited as ****. The only thing he has really done at all to think hes a guy that wouldn't stick to his commitment is that tweet saying him, avantae, and LJ could be a package deal. And I still wouldn't put it past another school offering LJ a spot to get him and Avantae to flip. Either way hes (and those around him) saying all the things I like to hear.

If we can get 11 wins this year we can have a top 5 class..can this really be happening?
Yup... It sho is!

And when we beat FSU this year, you need to be all the way on Board cuz... None of that one foot in one foot out stuff.

It's cool for you to be skeptical til the FSU game, we're not playing anybody before that, so you can do what you do...

But after we beat the Noles, you gotta become a Homer/Super Cane fan & be over the top with positivity lol

No more mope or nitpicking after that, aight? Lol...

Advertisement

Richt offered him when he was in 8th grade & was heavily recruiting him when he was at UGA.

Canes fans this commit by Lingard tells you how important establishing and maintaining a relationship with recruits happens to be. Mark Richt and Thomas Brown started this relationship with Lingard at Georgia two years ago. Its basically a 2 to even 4 year process of building that relationship between a coaching staff and recruits. This is what the Miami Hurricanes head coach and staff should be doing in South Florida because they have an advantage over everybody in the nation not named FIU and FAU. Al Golden and staff wasn't building relationship in South Florida like they should been doing in the first place. They acted like they where outsiders in South Florida.

Also to add to that Richt is getting on the super young kids too by attending all these parks. He's not just focusing on the guys that could be Canes in the next 3-4 yrs. He's recruiting and showing love to kids that could be Canes 5-10 yrs down the line by going to parks and watching these kids in pop warner and ****. Nobody else can do that and It will definitely pay dividends in the future.

As a kid growing up in Miami theres no way you're not going to be a Cane fan growing up if Richt and a few players visited you while in Pop Warner while they are winning games. Just winning would probably be enough to make these kids dream of being hurricanes. But winning AND actually showing up and showing them love when their young...they'll remember that the University of Miami did that when it comes time for them to choose a school.

Advertisement
Makes complete sense that this kid would connect with guys like Richt and Dabo. Seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Advertisement
Todd Gurley made it to the IAAF youth world championship semifinals in Lille, France in 2011 in the 110 m hurdles. Ran at UGA until the coach told him he had to cut his hair. Had one of the fastest times in Uga history as a freshman. This kid has the potential to be as good as Todd.

Todd Gurley made it to the IAAF youth world championship semifinals in Lille, France in 2011 in the 110 m hurdles. Ran at UGA until the coach told him he had to cut his hair. Had one of the fastest times in Uga history as a freshman. This kid has the potential to be as good as Todd.

If he was performing that well why would the coach tell him to cut his hair? Seems a little ridiculous.

MARSHAWN.jpg

Advertisement
Back