Linebacker recruiting

gogeta4

All-ACC
Based off of the 4 games this season. Its in my opinion that we need to bring in 3 lbs in this recruiting class. I believe the depth that we currently have is not Miami or elite acc depth ar linebacker, and Mccloud has definately regressed big time. I dont really like what we are doing in recruiting that spot this class anybody else share my thoughts or have any linebackers we should target post it in this post?. [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]

Advertisement
I think we need more DE’s and LB’s than we currently have, and seemingly chasing.

I do like the little ive seem of Jennings, and it will be interesting to see steed once he is healthy.

Agree our LB depth isn't ideal.

We have the numbers, but a lot of upperclassmen are JAGs.

I'd like to see at least 2 this year, but we did bring in 6 the last two years.

Can we please push for Nik Bonitto? Seriously, kid can play and there's no talk about him...kid is talking to Louisville for Christ sakes and Oklahoma just got into the picture

Last edited:
Can we please push for Nik Bonnito? Seriously, kid can play and there's no talk about him...kid is committed to Louisville for Christ sakes

He committed to UL? Are you sure you aren’t mixing him up with Hicks?

Advertisement
Can we please push for Nik Bonnito? Seriously, kid can play and there's no talk about him...kid is committed to Louisville for Christ sakes

He committed to UL? Are you sure you aren’t mixing him up with Hicks?

Whoops! Yea my bad, I meant to say he talks a lot with Louisville and Oklahoma just came into the picture. I was just about to edit my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extremely concerning. We seem to recruit difference makers then sit back a couple years and relax at too many positions. To play with the big dogs you better be getting difference makers every year and let the off year become the exceptions, not the good years.

Agreed. Don't know if it's conditioning but some of our LBs look too beefed up, like they have an extra 5-10 lbs, and it's slowing them down imo.

We're supposedly only after Joyner and Louis. I'd take more of a look at Yasir Abdullah and a guy I really like, Ashtan Pierre.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Based off of the 4 games this season. Its in my opinion that we need to bring in 3 lbs in this recruiting class. I believe the depth that we currently have is not Miami or elite acc depth ar linebacker, and Mccloud has definately regressed big time. I dont really like what we are doing in recruiting that spot this class anybody else share my thoughts or have any linebackers we should target post it in this post?. [MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]

Problem is none of the guys outside of Joyner and imo chatfield(neither are true linebackers) are better than what will be available to Miami to get in the 2019 linebacker class. The 2018 class is a terrible linebacking class(worst in the last 5 years in the state of Florida) while 2019 is elite as it gets, with Miami sitting in great position for most of our targets. Can’t overload with 3 this class while we had 3 last class and plan to take at least 3 in 2019

Advertisement
I personally like Bonnito at SLB. I have no clue why he hasnt gotten an offer. He's about 6'3- 6'4 205-210 and ran a 4.7 in the spring

This is another kid i like a bit out of NJ.
https://247sports.com/Player/Javontae-Jean-Baptiste-46038508
Kid mostly plays de..but was a confirmed 6'5- 205 in the spring clocking a 4.7 again. Very similar to our current commit out of Champagnat. I would double down on those two. He plays good comp at Bergen Catholic...and as can see from the film kid runs down on kick off pretty well. Shows his athleticism. I think Tennessee just offered.

2 is the magic number for LBs this year - try for 3. LBs are the backbone of special teams units...look at wilder and Jennings. Need guys like that.

Problem is none of the guys outside of Joyner and imo chatfield(neither are true linebackers) are better than what will be available to Miami to get in the 2019 linebacker class. The 2018 class is a terrible linebacking class(worst in the last 5 years in the state of Florida) while 2019 is elite as it gets, with Miami sitting in great position for most of our targets. Can’t overload with 3 this class while we had 3 last class and plan to take at least 3 in 2019

Dont care about NEXT class . Yall do that sh*t every year...Next class is loaded. Whoc are how loaded it is were not signing all of them and we need the depth NEXT YEAR.
Steed is a redshirt thats been hurt, Jennings is a MIKE (has looked solid on specials), Wilder is a scheme fit guy (has looked on specials)

Charles Perry isnt good (sr next year), Owens is on one leg (senior), Mike Smith a senior next class, Gordinier may never ever play.

This is the reason we are left with what we have at safety this year....Oh next class is loaded. **** Diaz subs 1million players ...BRING EM IN NOW.

Advertisement
I think we need more DE’s and LB’s than we currently have, and seemingly chasing.

I do like the little ive seem of Jennings, and it will be interesting to see steed once he is healthy.
Does either wilder , steed or Jenning RS this year ?

Advertisement

Dont care about NEXT class . Yall do that sh*t every year...Next class is loaded. Whoc are how loaded it is were not signing all of them and we need the depth NEXT YEAR.
Steed is a redshirt thats been hurt, Jennings is a MIKE (has looked solid on specials), Wilder is a scheme fit guy (has looked on specials)

Charles Perry isnt good (sr next year), Owens is on one leg (senior), Mike Smith a senior next class, Gordinier may never ever play.

This is the reason we are left with what we have at safety this year....Oh next class is loaded. **** Diaz subs 1million players ...BRING EM IN NOW.

Not caring about the next class and taking what's available is how you end up with Charles Perry's and Mike Smiths in the 1st place. Outside of Louis none of the LB's in SFL are standout prospects. It is what it is. I'm not opposed to signing 3 but they better be worth it, OOS this year the only way to accomplish it.

Does either wilder , steed or Jenning RS this year ?

Only steed can shirt.

We need a minimum of two lb, depth isn't issue, it's a talent issue. Then again , I guess that's a depth issue too lol

Advertisement
Back