Lincoln Riley Showed Why MIAMI

I hope this is the case but this could be wishful thinking brotha. Why does Mario give a **** about a conf title game that means nothing in the bigger picture? **** Moorhead already left town for Akron didnt he? I REALLY hope this is the case. I really do. Another poster said it best, (I think my guy RellyRell said it)..Whats next? Wait on Mario until after the bowl game because that also coincides with the buyout decreasing? Im at the point where either he wants in or he doesnt. No waiting. And esp no waiting until January. No way. And Mario is my #1 choice but F that.
No, Miami will not wait until January 15th for a measly $3 million discount. They need to get him as soon as the conference championship game is over. Lincoln Riley style after the Oki State game. That Saturday so it gets broken on game day and Herbie breaks the news.

Advertisement
Just saw on twitter the "rumors" of his deal....

10 years, 110 million (11 mil a year)

They bough both his homes in Norman over asking price to the tune of a 1 mil profit

unlimited use of the private jet

buying him a home in LA for up to 6 million.
Now that’s what you call “getting your man.”

They made him an offer he couldn’t refuse.

They bough both his homes in Norman over asking price to the tune of a 1 mil profit

...after California's "punishment for success" taxes...5 mil a year

Advertisement
Is the best available job in America the second Manny Diaz is fired.

The path of least resistance, the home grown talent and the program prestige. USC most resembles our program and they got the biggest name out there by far! We should be looking to top the same.

No one should want to coach in the SEC with Bama and Georgia recruiting the way they do $$$.

A great head coach at the U is going to the conference final every year with Miami level talent.
What we can't even when the simple ACC Coastal. How are we even relevant

The last few weeks everyone has been praising LSU for being on top of things and poised to hire Riley, Ooops! Riley has been recruiting heavily on the West Coast for months and interviewing with USC. Just because the fans and local media don't know what's going on, doesn't mean a plan isn't in motion. Miami will make a good hire and restructure the AD Dept. I remember the outrage when UM hired a little know coach from Oklahoma State. that became our greatest coach, Jimmy Johnson. The fans were wrong then and they will be wrong again.
With all due respect that was nearly 40 years ago. Within the past 20 years, I remember the uncomfortable feeling that they hired an unproven Larry Coker with no HC experience to replace Butch. The outrage when they replaced Coker with a member of his coaching staff with no HC experience, Randy Shannon - but at least he was an alum. When Shannon failed, I remember the befuddlement of the fanbase when they hired an unknown guy who had a modest amount of success at Temple.

When Golden was fired, I remember the hope with Richt being hired. An alum with actual HC experience and success. The team improved for 2 years, then fell flat on its face as Richt's health and insistence on being the OC led him to retirement. Finally, I remember the shock of Manny being hired. Again, another member of a failed coaching staff. This time however, there was not even a legitimate coaching search to at least let us feel the athletic department was doing its due diligence.

Based on this recent history, I am nowhere near as confident as you that Miami will make the right move. I do hope I am wrong though.

I hope this is the case but this could be wishful thinking brotha. Why does Mario give a **** about a conf title game that means nothing in the bigger picture? **** Moorhead already left town for Akron didnt he? I REALLY hope this is the case. I really do. Another poster said it best, (I think my guy RellyRell said it)..Whats next? Wait on Mario until after the bowl game because that also coincides with the buyout decreasing? Im at the point where either he wants in or he doesnt. No waiting. And esp no waiting until January. No way. And Mario is my #1 choice but F that.
Maybe he wants to be there to see his team win another PAC12 championship and Rose Bowl invite. It's bad enough coaches leave for other jobs and don't coach the bowl game when they expect everyone else to "do it for the team".

If he is coming, he's not waiting until January though. Although, I just don't see him coming here.

Advertisement

Whooh Damn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Advertisement
Sometimes I hear people say “Miami has unrealistic expectations”

If unrealistic means beating out Pitt and Virginia for the Coastal then agree to disagree

I would say we have basement expectations

Advertisement
Maybe he wants to be there to see his team win another PAC12 championship and Rose Bowl invite. It's bad enough coaches leave for other jobs and don't coach the bowl game when they expect everyone else to "do it for the team".

If he is coming, he's not waiting until January though. Although, I just don't see him coming here.
I can see Mario coming here IF they lose the PAC12CG rematch with Utah. Waiting until after the Rose Bowl, if the win the rematch, seems problematic. Would he want Miami to wait a month? The Columbus Cartel might be willing, especially if negotiations have been ongoing.

How many HCs have bailed before a major bowl like the Rose? Brian Kelly dumped Cincinnati right before a Sugar Bowl. And I think Barry Alvarez stepped in as Wisconsin’t HC before a Rose Bowl when Bret Beliema announced he would be leaving to take the Arkansas job.

In what world are these two coaches similar. The only Hire that would bring the same level of legitimate and tangible momentum like Riley to usc..Kelly to LSU..is Mario to Miami that’s it

Advertisement
Back