Lincoln Riley Showed Why MIAMI

Zanecane

7th Floor Crew
Is the best available job in America the second Manny Diaz is fired.

The path of least resistance, the home grown talent and the program prestige. USC most resembles our program and they got the biggest name out there by far! We should be looking to top the same.

No one should want to coach in the SEC with Bama and Georgia recruiting the way they do $$$.

A great head coach at the U is going to the conference final every year with Miami level talent.

Advertisement

I think these coaching contracts are actually a great thing for CFB. Guys aren't jumping ship to bolt to the vaunted SEC. Guys are staying put or going to other programs that for whatever reason have been stuck for years. Riley, along with Aranda, Franklin, Mel, told the SEC to fvck off. SEC will always get their guy, but for CFB, this is a good thing. Would love to see the day where schools like Miami, USC, Michigan, etc are back in the running instead of the tired ol Clemson/UGA/Bama/OSU.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Actually, it shows why James and Diaz should have been fired months ago so that we have a chance at a decent coach. That’s the only lesson to be learned
The last few weeks everyone has been praising LSU for being on top of things and poised to hire Riley, Ooops! Riley has been recruiting heavily on the West Coast for months and interviewing with USC. Just because the fans and local media don't know what's going on, doesn't mean a plan isn't in motion. Miami will make a good hire and restructure the AD Dept. I remember the outrage when UM hired a little know coach from Oklahoma State. that became our greatest coach, Jimmy Johnson. The fans were wrong then and they will be wrong again.

I said in another thread that this move. besides perhaps providing an impetus for Mario to leave the West Coast, provides him some cover by legitimizing a top tier coach leaving his school for another program. He won't be seen as the first or only "bad guy."

Lincoln bringing over some good coaches

A1C75940-68CA-496A-A1A7-FA7D7A8570EC.png

First off, A little surprised he is bringing his DC with him. Thought he would leave him hanging but I respect his loyalty.

Second, Lane to UM would ABSOLUTELY send the same level of shockwaves as Lincoln to USC. There would be legit fear in the ACC and the nation would be put on notice. Can Mario create that same level of shockwave on the scale? Yes, but in a different way. He is such an elite recruiter HCs will have to wonder if he can win consistantly just off talent alone esp in the Acc Coastal. Mario and Lane could keep a kid like Brandon Innis home and not standing by his phone waiting for Lincoln's call to officially flip.

Advertisement
NIL has changed the game. SEC $$ isn’t as big of a factor when kids can go to (or star in) big cities and make $ without NCAA interfering.

If I’m a coach, current administration aside, I’m looking at Miami and foaming at the mouth. Easy conference, great weather, fertile recruiting ground, nice salary (reportedly), all while following up two decades of below average results. You win here, you’re a gawd. Why would you go to the SEC right now?

Advertisement
NIL has changed the game. SEC $$ isn’t as big of a factor when kids can go to (or star in) big cities and make $ without NCAA interfering.

If I’m a coach, current administration aside, I’m looking at Miami and foaming at the mouth. Easy conference, great weather, fertile recruiting ground, nice salary (reportedly), all while following up two decades of below average results. You win here, you’re a gawd. Why would you go to the SEC right now?
So you saying the landscape of college football ball is changing because of NIL deals and kids are gonna want to go to schools in bigger markets to capitalize and these country schools in the sticks like Clemson will suffer? I like the sound of that i Mario cristobal thinking like you.

IMO - Mario will be here. Friday night is their Championship game. If it is Mario, you will hear about it Saturday or Sunday at latest.
I hope this is the case but this could be wishful thinking brotha. Why does Mario give a **** about a conf title game that means nothing in the bigger picture? **** Moorhead already left town for Akron didnt he? I REALLY hope this is the case. I really do. Another poster said it best, (I think my guy RellyRell said it)..Whats next? Wait on Mario until after the bowl game because that also coincides with the buyout decreasing? Im at the point where either he wants in or he doesnt. No waiting. And esp no waiting until January. No way. And Mario is my #1 choice but F that.

Advertisement
Back