Lil Tua now in transfer portal

He doesn’t have any eligibility left and the NCAA sure as **** won’t turn around a waiver decision for months
If the Walker mid from Carolina couldn’t play from jump, neither will this kid. Funny thing is they burned his shirt back when with 2 Keels. He wouldn’t have to worry about that here

Advertisement
Emory did well at the E11 as well, but nobody said he was better than Manning or Nico though.
Screenshot_20240106_230235_Samsung Internet.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
You mean the one who threw 2 TDs and kept us in the game vs FSU?
Friend if the staff had the confidence in Emory that you do we wouldn’t be sitting around waiting on Cam while offering him significantly more than the rest of the market. Furthermore we wouldn’t be considering to bring in a transfer from FCS who couldn’t make it at Old Dominion to replace him but you’re right let’s roll with Emory the Gawd next year and end this futile attempt at landing a Transfer QB

Advertisement
I don’t think Sagan ever wanted baby bro.

He was basically a package take for Tua

He's was a phenomenonal HS QB in his own right. Taulia was on pace to shatter every passing record in Hawaii high school football history (most set by Tua or Mckenzie Milton). It was even more impressive when you consider that Tua was at St Louis HS in Honolulu, an elite private HS that basically gets top HS players on scholarship, while Taulia was at Kapolei High School (Kapolei Hurricanes), a public high school. Don't get to recruit the best WRs at a public HS like you can at a private HS. Taulia got elite coaching at Kapolei- his high school coach was June Jones.

After Taulia moved to Alabama, he set state records there too. He's the only QB whose name shows up twice in the top 10 single season passing yards (5th and 7th most yards in a season).

He's the only QB in Bama HS football history to have 4 400 yard games. And remember, he only for played HS football in Alabama for TWO years.

Maybe Tua and Taulia were a package deal, but it's not farfetched to think Saban would have recruited a local QB who was setting state records, especially one who cut his teeth under June Jones.

Friend if the staff had the confidence in Emory that you do we wouldn’t be sitting around waiting on Cam while offering him significantly more than the rest of the market. Furthermore we wouldn’t be considering to bring in a transfer from FCS who couldn’t make it at Old Dominion to replace him but you’re right let’s roll with Emory the Gawd next year and end this futile attempt at landing a Transfer QB

You certainly misrepresent my position and may be doing the same for the staff..

Emory playing better next season is a reasonable expectation that in no way suggests he'll be better than Cam or that the position shouldn't be optimized.

Every room could benefit from competition, especially QB.

Last edited:
You certainly misrepresent my position and may be doing the same for the staff..

Emory playing better next season is a reasonable expectation that in now way suggests he'll be better than Cam or that the position shouldn't be optimized.

Every room could benefit from competition, especially QB.
If you have QBs competing for the starting job it most likely means that you don’t have a starting caliber qb. We need a clear cut starting qb, not another body to compete with our mediocre (being generous) qb room.

Advertisement
@Suhrthing I'd **** on you even if you weren't on fire.

I think it was the Army All American game. Both Jarren and Trevor were having bad games but I think Trevor threw multiple interceptions, and some on CIS commented that Jarren looked better.
That’s exactly when and where it happened. Multiple posters said back then that Lawrence was overrated and that Jarren was the truth.

In all fairness though, a lot of posters also thought that was an insane take.

Advertisement
Back