Lil Tua now in transfer portal

I'd like a Super Bowl. I'd even take a nice play off run. ****, I'll settle for a winning record against Buffalo at this point.
Tua will have several nice playoff wins with the dolphins. Maybe not this year due to the injuries the dolphins have but definitely at some point

Advertisement
The other two games he handed the ball off or took knees (too soon??).

Defeated by knees again?
Damnit man. Mario owned by the knees. But in all seriousness what was Saban and the staff doing? They had no know they were killing his redshirt. Did no one care at the time

Advertisement
I’d be shocked if he doesn’t get the waiver. The Courts have shown in multiple rulings that they’re incredibly skeptical (putting it nicely) of the NCAA’s rules and I can’t see this being a hill the NCAA wants to die on, particularly when you consider that this is a high profile kid because of his brother and a family with means that could make life even more difficult for the NCAA in court. Going into the portal and getting NIL offers from other schools also gives him ammunition for damages in a potential lawsuit (if they want to go down that road).

Again Little Tua would be a great bridge to 2025 for Jacurri, Emory, Judd, and Luke to battle it out.

By far by far the best option left.

QB-Lil Tua
RB-Fletcher
TE-Arroyo
WR-Horton/Trader/Chance/Carr/
WR-X/Ray Ray
WR-George
OL-Rivers
OL-McCoy/Bell
OL-Carpenter
OL-Cooper
OL-Mauigoa

Let's ride

At this point I am not sure any NCAA rule that pertains to the athletes would hold up in court
It wouldn’t. And over the last 1-2 year they have other battles to fight. It’s not as difficult as people think. The NCAA is about generating revenue, across the sport of football. They have been more and more pro players, especially under Baker (a person I know personally wel). Like it or not, he has an argument despite it not being an injury hardship. 2020 which is a free Covid year. So he hasn’t technically used his RS. 2019 he played in 5 games. 2 which he had 2 snaps. 1 of those being taking a knee and taking the place of his Injuried brother. They can petition the reasoning for it and argue using the redshirt in 2019. Bama and Maryland supporting it.

The **** storm of denying him for those is much worse than approving it. I say all that without arguing whether he should be at Miami or not.

Advertisement
Again Little Tua would be a great bridge to 2025 for Jacurri, Emory, Judd, and Luke to battle it out.

By far by far the best option left.

QB-Lil Tua
RB-Fletcher
TE-Arroyo
WR-Horton/Trader/Chance/Carr/
WR-X/Ray Ray
WR-George
OL-Rivers
OL-McCoy/Bell
OL-Carpenter
OL-Cooper
OL-Mauigoa

Let's ride
Need a portal WR badly.

Advertisement
We need an outside receiver with size.
think this is the year that Horton makes the jump

1704498627958.png

Advertisement
Two primary arguments.

1. 2019 should count as a redshirt year. He played in five games, but really only had stats in three. Two games involved...going into the game...and basically doing nothing. In the past, when I've heard this argument, the claim was "the school ****ed up and miscounted the games". Not sure what the claim is here. Now, if Saban supports the "we miscounted" argument, maybe Taulia wins. If not, I'm not hopeful for this argument, as it is one of the very few brightline NCAA rules that hasn't been challenged in court. If the NCAA just lets "five games" guys have redshirts, where does it end? This is not an "interpretation" rule. Could be a "made a mistake rule". Will be interested to find out the arguments made.

2. 2020, while an "everyone gets a free COVID redshirt rule", could involve applying the COVID redshirt to another year, and letting a kid take a "regular redshirt". The arguments "in favor" are that if a true freshman who WOULD HAVE redshirted anyhow could "lose" the redshirt forever if the NCAA doesn't allow the COVID redshirt to be "portable" to other years. The arguments "against" include general arguments ("hey, man, we gave EVERYONE the same benefit") to the specific ("yes, he only played in 4 games, but Maryland ONLY PLAYED FOUR GAMES, plus a bowl game"). The "intent" of the COVID year free redshirt was so that OTHERWISE healthy players wouldn't opt out for COVID fears, and Taulia played in 4 out of 5 games and only "technically" qualifies for redshirt under numerical rules that presume a 12 game season. BUT, if he wanted to redshirt in 2020 (it was ONLY his second year, so he could have pulled a Jacurri), he should be allowed to, without having it stolen from him.

Gonna be interesting to see which argument works. I think #2 is the stronger argument, but we shall see.
Thanks for the explanation.

Tua will have several nice playoff wins with the dolphins. Maybe not this year due to the injuries the dolphins have but definitely at some point
Listen man, I would like nothing more than that. He can start making me happily eat that deep fried crow THIS SUNDAY by securing the AFC East crown and 12 wins for the first time in god knows how long all while getting the Buffalo monkey off his back and potentially eliminating them from the playoffs.

Big time stakes this Sunday. This is the biggest game of his career tbh.

Advertisement
Back