Lil Tua now in transfer portal

Advertisement
no my opinion
1C65EFBA-54E1-4FF9-9FA1-B78BBE3D4D8F.jpeg

Advertisement
Dolphins fan here. Tuas numbers are hyper inflated. We may be stuck w him the next few seasons now. He's our Phillip Rivers.
tua is above average imo. tyreek and waddle def help along with mcdaniels system. hes a really accurate thrower though but his lack of athleticism def hurts his overall ceiling as he can't extend plays. if the play is covered up, its a wrap and could end up in a. bad pick or sack.

His 2019 game logs only show 3 games. What in the world was he doing going into 2 other games with no stats recorded. Would be a bummer to deny the waiver off that season...
Screenshot_20240105_180134_ESPN.jpg

Drew Lock also sucked in college, just had a big arm.

Brennan Armstrong is 5th all time in ACC passing yards.

The point is we have people using his career volume stats as their only point, and acting as if anyone who doubts him based on that alone is a moron.
How about this . . .

Y axis is accuracy and X is depth of target.

Attachments

• IMG_1918.jpeg
    IMG_1918.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Ain’t winning a super bowl with a defense that gets skull ****ed every time it goes on the road or gives up a 14 point lead in 3 minutes.
Nope. Not winning much of anything of significance w a qb who throws for no TDs in such game and then can't put together a game winning drive and gets sacked on 4th down.

Advertisement
Would you rather have the QB who has thrown 23 career picks on 912 attempts (2.52 percent) and 54 touchdowns (5.92%) with a career completion percentage of 63.7% with an avg yard per attempt of 8.2. Knowing the QB started under 3 different systems in 3 years. Overall record 14-11, win percentage 56

Or

37 interceptions on 1,436 attempts ( 2.58%) and 77 touchdowns (5.36 percent) with a career completion percentage of 67.1 percent with an avg yard per attempt of 7.9? Knowing the QB played in the same system for four years. Overall record 23-18, win percentage 56
I Give Up GIF

tua is above average imo. tyreek and waddle def help along with mcdaniels system. hes a really accurate thrower though but his lack of athleticism def hurts his overall ceiling as he can't extend plays. if the play is covered up, its a wrap and could end up in a. bad pick or sack.
To paraphrase what Cam Newton said recently, he is a game manager.

No GM is going into the draft saying "I'm looking for the next Tua."

I mean it's a weak case bc he played in 5 games. whether or not he recorded snaps doesn't matter. I believe TOCs second argument is a lot better

Of course it is…he’s had a whoooooole lot more experience at it than most..😜

I'd take Rivers over Tannehill, Henne, Fitzpatrick, Fiedler and every other Dolphin QB since Marino except Pennington.
Oh for sure. Didn't mean to make it seem like I was dogging Rivers. He is a borderline HOF imo. What I meant was Tua is going to be a good qb for us. We'll be competitive.

But we will never win big as long as he's here.

Advertisement
I mean it's a weak case bc he played in 5 games. whether or not he recorded snaps doesn't matter. I believe TOCs second argument is a lot better
The second argument is also better because it sets a narrow precedent that is confined to the Covid year.

Advertisement
How about this . . .

Y axis is accuracy and X is depth of target.

I really don’t want to keep going back and forth on this, I’m not a Tagovailoa guy and no numbers thrown out are going to make me ignore everything I saw the past 3 seasons. Look up top on that graph, and realize that these stats don’t contextualize the kind of backbreaking mistakes that only show up the same as any other pass that’s not right on the money, when we just went through a season of seeing how much of a killer that is.

Oh for sure. Didn't mean to make it seem like I was dogging Rivers. He is a borderline HOF imo. What I meant was Tua is going to be a good qb for us. We'll be competitive.

But we will never win big as long as he's here.
Could say the same thing about Marino. He was a baller but we all knew with his mediocre to bad defenses/running games deep post-season runs would be few and far between. But **** it was easy to take him for granted until he was gone. Since he retired they've been mired in mediocrity just like the Canes.

Advertisement
Back