Lifewallet Recruiting Buzz 6/29

Why's that?

Our team last year was a bunch of top 15 classes put together including 1 top 10 class and Mario went on to have the worst season in decades.

How does top 10 classes all of a sudden make us CFP bound when Clemson continues to stack top 5-10 classes AND coaches better than Mario?

Mario needs top 5 classes to compete in my opinion.

5 and 10 classes are basically the same. The top 3 usually are just insane. Clemson is usually 8-15. Itching special.

Our classes weren’t really that great under manny. We haven’t been stacking top 10 classes on top of each other for 10 years. That’s what I’m saying over and over not just a top 10 then maybe an 18 then a 12 that ain’t cutting it. Top 10 year over year wins the ACC I’ll stand by that

2018 was 8 most of the top guys once again weren’t in last years team.

2019 was ranked 17 and most those kids left the program depleting depth.

2020 was 11th so your statement is false about stacking top 10 classes
The top players in this class were all inured last year so that sucked.

2021 11th and that was our “stacked” Covid class and some of the top players left before last year. So even the “stacked” class wasn’t top 10.

We don’t even know what a top 10 class year over year roster looks like cause we haven’t had **** for a roster in 20 years.

Advertisement
5 and 10 classes are basically the same. The top 3 usually are just insane. Clemson is usually 8-15. Itching special.

Our classes weren’t really that great under manny. We haven’t been stacking top 10 classes on top of each other for 10 years. That’s what I’m saying over and over not just a top 10 then maybe an 18 then a 12 that ain’t cutting it. Top 10 year over year wins the ACC I’ll stand by that
2019 class should have been one of the leaders of the team last year. Take a look at that travesty of a class and it gives some insight on why we had no leadership

2018 was 8 most of the top guys once again weren’t in last years team.

2019 was ranked 17 and most those kids left the program depleting depth.

2020 was 11th so your statement is false about stacking top 10 classes
The top players in this class were all inured last year so that sucked.

2021 11th and that was our “stacked” Covid class and some of the top players left before last year. So even the “stacked” class wasn’t top 10.

We don’t even know what a top 10 class year over year roster looks like cause we haven’t had **** for a roster in 20 years.
Also, Manny’s 3 stars weren’t Mario’s 3 stars. Outside of kids here and there, we rarely landed kids the big boys actually wanted.

Advertisement
Saying a top five class isn’t likely shouldn’t be considered shocking or end of the world. It’s just being realistic. I don’t need likes , subs , a subscription or under pressure to providing content , even if it’s bs. I speak what I expect. Last year I said 6-8 range.

It’ll be a good class especially on the DL. The season will dictate a lot. That’s all I’ve said in this thread.
Without a high level QB it feels like less juice. You're not wrong at all, I'm not sure how it will end. I like who Miami seems in on, so what's to ***** about. Now if the DL all start popping and go other ways? Level 5 panic. 😂

John Ruiz needs to pony up or someone else needs to step up. We continue hearing we have other big time NIL people but there is no evidence.

If Miami's boosters are OK with a "top 10," second-tier type of class then they're not serious about making Miami a championship team and everything they told you last year about how committed we suddenly are was bull****.

Recruit Al Golden classes and you have to expect Al Golden results. This currently feels like an Al Golden class.

And the other thing is, if this class fails then it completely negates all the success of last year's class and the rebuild clock starts over at zero. You can't have a great class every other year and expect to compete for anything. The great teams stack great classes EVERY year. You can't cut corners.

Think about this... Miami signed 2 five-stars last year, Alabama signed 9. Say we sign 2 again this year, and Alabama signs 7. Now they have 16 five stars on their roster to our 4. Say they sign another 7 two years from now, and we sign 2. Then they have 23 five-stars to our 6. Who is gonna sit here and tell me we're going to win a championship in the next 5 years given that fact? If we ever play Alabama or Georga we'll be completely outclassed. So we're not really "rebuilding" anything unless they're considering this a 20 year rebuild.

All that is to say, they have to finish top 5, no excuses. If you can't sell success, then sell NIL. Someone needs to pony up and if we need to overpay, then overpay.

Advertisement
John Ruiz needs to pony up

Episode 12 Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Couple quick points

- Geo AS USUAL…Seems really overly optimistic

- No Stone or Lindsay update?

- Nice to hear a solid "expects him to re-classify" on Mitchell

- I can't see how anyone says "numbers crunch at DL"…Can we just land a DL or 2 first lol!

- Dylan Stewart out of state school…Thanks captain obvious (He's from DC and all his final 4 are all out of state)

- What happened to the Brandon Baker is close with Elijah Lofton and that will factor in?

- Need Plazz to get on board. I guess the next OT pivot would be Broussard?

Advertisement
John Ruiz needs to pony up or someone else needs to step up. We continue hearing we have other big time NIL people but there is no evidence.

If Miami's boosters are OK with a "top 10," second-tier type of class then they're not serious about making Miami a championship team and everything they told you last year about how committed we suddenly are was bull****.

Recruit Al Golden classes and you have to expect Al Golden results. This currently feels like an Al Golden class.

And the other thing is, if this class fails then it completely negates all the success of last year's class and the rebuild clock starts over at zero. You can't have a great class every other year and expect to compete for anything. The great teams stack great classes EVERY year. You can't cut corners.

Think about this... Miami signed 2 five-stars last year, Alabama signed 9. Say we sign 2 again this year, and Alabama signs 7. Now they have 16 five stars on their roster to our 4. Say they sign another 7 two years from now, and we sign 2. Then they have 23 five-stars to our 6. Who is gonna sit here and tell me we're going to win a championship in the next 5 years given that fact? If we ever play Alabama or Georga we'll be completely outclassed. So we're not really "rebuilding" anything unless they're considering this a 20 year rebuild.

All that is to say, they have to finish top 5, no excuses. If you can't sell success, then sell NIL. Someone needs to pony up and if we need to overpay, then overpay.
Sell your house & buy us a DB.

Advertisement
Back