Lifewallet Recruiting Buzz 6/29

Advertisement
Man yall really out here panicking hard thinking Mario isn't going to croot at an elite level huh, lol.

That's like the last thing to worry about.... Or at least place that worry in the correct spot - QB recruiting (including portal). To me that is the only aspect of Recruiting I'll be worried at all about.

All that actually matters is winning on the field, which I'm pretty confident we will be improved in all aspects - talent and schematically.
Offensive Recruits are wait and see and that’s the problem

Who is Mitchell?

I really haven't been following and won't until I see product on the field which I expect to be significantly better
2025 5 star TE who's committing soon and deciding between OU and us he'll prolly reclass tho

John Ruiz needs to pony up or someone else needs to step up. We continue hearing we have other big time NIL people but there is no evidence.

If Miami's boosters are OK with a "top 10," second-tier type of class then they're not serious about making Miami a championship team and everything they told you last year about how committed we suddenly are was bull****.

Recruit Al Golden classes and you have to expect Al Golden results. This currently feels like an Al Golden class.

And the other thing is, if this class fails then it completely negates all the success of last year's class and the rebuild clock starts over at zero. You can't have a great class every other year and expect to compete for anything. The great teams stack great classes EVERY year. You can't cut corners.

Think about this... Miami signed 2 five-stars last year, Alabama signed 9. Say we sign 2 again this year, and Alabama signs 7. Now they have 16 five stars on their roster to our 4. Say they sign another 7 two years from now, and we sign 2. Then they have 23 five-stars to our 6. Who is gonna sit here and tell me we're going to win a championship in the next 5 years given that fact? If we ever play Alabama or Georga we'll be completely outclassed. So we're not really "rebuilding" anything unless they're considering this a 20 year rebuild.

All that is to say, they have to finish top 5, no excuses. If you can't sell success, then sell NIL. Someone needs to pony up and if we need to overpay, then overpay.
**** YOU LEVELS OF MONEY

Who is Mitchell?

I really haven't been following and won't until I see product on the field which I expect to be significantly better
1688174276585.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
This keeps being repeated on here but isn’t true imo outside of a couple elite s fl receivers.
It’s not true at all lol. It’s just a coping mechanism.

We currently have 14 commits - three 4-stars and eleven 3-stars. All three of those 4-stars are on the offensive side of the ball (Kevin Riley, Chance Robinson, Elijah Lofton). After today, Barney will be the fourth 4-star committed.

It’s the defense recruits that are currently dragging.

It’s not true at all lol. It’s just a coping mechanism.

We currently have 14 commits - three 4-stars and eleven 3-stars. All three of those 4-stars are on the offensive side of the ball (Kevin Riley, Chance Robinson, Elijah Lofton). After today, Barney will be the fourth 4-star committed.

It’s the defense recruits that are currently dragging.
This should be pinned

Mods can you make a CIS tears forum so these awful posts (lies) that keep popping up everywhere about no offensive talent wanting to play here disappear for the rest of us?

These idiotic takes are much worse than the pop up ads.

It’s almost trolling at this point and annoying af to keep reading the same recycled faux talking points on our offensive recruiting

Why don't you make it a real bet and loser has to pay for a Yr long CIS subscription so the winner gets ad-free membership... that's only $25.
Either or I'm down for it. This is my way of using my crappy luck to bless our canes and someone else at the same time. It's a win win win. And I'm 100% serious. I hope someone knows how to pin this to remind me after signing is done and we know our official class ranking. I'll forget by then. But I'm a man of my word and there are alot of witnesses in here. Which is a good thing.

Advertisement
On3 is a bit of a culprit too.
Who was the website/recruiting tracker who jumped the gun for one of Miami's commitments? Took away their thunder a bit?

Maybe a different team?

I just recall vaguely it was not very nice.

Schmo

Andrew: he's going elsewhere, staff not feeling good
Geo: Tough sell for Miami, came in REALLY late in this recruitment
Geo: From what he was told this morning, Miami unlikely

Barney

Andrew says all signs pointing to Miami. Staff sold on him

Knight III

Geo: says FSU likely to get commitment
Andrew: would be surprised if he's not a Nole

Rudolph

Andrew: Michigan has an edge here, O$U after other DEs
Andrew: Wouldn't be surprised if he's a Cane though

Lightfoot

Geo: Miami's confidence continues to grow
Andrew: O$U and Miami both are confident. UM's confidence is growing since visit
Andrew: This is a toss-up

Plazz

Andrew: Recruitment has been quiet, nothing leaking

Mitchell

Geo: surprised if its not Miami
Andrew: Canes feeling good, expects him to reclassify and be a Cane

Odom

Geo: Miami's weekend visit likely not enough to close the gap w/Bama

Duff

Andrew: Miami hot/cold, commited to Rutgers
Andrew: Expects big schools to pivot to him when they whiff on targets

OL Board

Geo: Expect Miami to expand OL board, OL down throughout the country, not up to 23 standards

Kendall Jackson

Geo: Miami/UF battle, doesn't have a real indication of who leads
Andrew: Probably UF leads, exceedingly tough to pull an elite player from Gainesville

Recruiting BBQ will be a HUGE event

Scott

Geo: 7 out of 10 in favor of Miami
Andrew: 5/6 out of 10 for Miami, O$U pushing
Luke: 5/6 out of 10 for Miami, O$U visit went well

Breland

Andrew: Miami feeling REAL good here 7/10
Geo: 5.5 feels its tighter than what people think
Luke: 5.5/6

WR: Could we take 6 WR this cycle?
Geo: No. Thinks we take 4 WR this cyle
Geo: McCoy, Barney, Robinson, Trader
Geo: If Smith ever would want in, they'd push someone out or make room
Geo: Trader would be a 5* CB if he wanted to play CB. He's to
Geo: McCoy more open to playing CB than Trader
Geo: Barney is a great athlete, could be a CB

Flowers

Geo: He's picking Maryland. Miami not recruiting aggressively

LB

Geo: Miami doing very good w/the LB class
Geo: Would be shocked if Cole isn't a Cane
Geo: Miami willing to take 4 LB this cycle (either Hayes or Nesta as the 4th)
Geo: Miami stil recruiting Nesta hard

DL

Geo: Lightfoot Both O$U and UM feel extremely confident
Geo: Huge that Franklin came on the UV. Miami feels very good
Stewart, Scott, Breland: Miami feels very good in all these recruitments
Sees Jones in this class
Miami very much in the mix w/Jayden Jackson
Lumps Simmons in with Rushing as an extreme long shot
Very likely to be a numbers crunch and tough decisions to be made

Not recruiting related, but the staff feel that Kinsler could end up as one of the two most talented OL they signed last cycle (and that includes both Francis and Samson)

Brandon Jacob

Very surprised Miami stopped recruiting him.
He would've committed had Miami offered.

Dylan Stewart

Interviewed him on his first secret visit. This decision is going to come down to which school makes him and his mom comfortable. And its going to be an out of state school.
Much appreciated.

Why's that?

Our team last year was a bunch of top 15 classes put together including 1 top 10 class and Mario went on to have the worst season in decades.

How does top 10 classes all of a sudden make us CFP bound when Clemson continues to stack top 5-10 classes AND coaches better than Mario?

Mario needs top 5 classes to compete in my opinion.
"Our team last year was a bunch of top 15 classes"........ Yeah so how many were Mario classes?

Advertisement
If you think Mario Cristobal with a Miami polo on is not signing a top 10 class in the country, you need honest professional help

He signed the #16 class in 2022 literally by himself after being hired 2 weeks before signing day. I genuinely don’t understand how adult men can be this emotional and clueless at the same time. It’s fascinating to watch.

Advertisement
Back