Lifewallet Recruiting Buzz 6/29

Man yall really out here panicking hard thinking Mario isn't going to croot at an elite level huh, lol.

That's like the last thing to worry about.... Or at least place that worry in the correct spot - QB recruiting (including portal). To me that is the only aspect of Recruiting I'll be worried at all about.

All that actually matters is winning on the field, which I'm pretty confident we will be improved in all aspects - talent and schematically.

Advertisement
we're not finishing worse than 10
If we finish with a top 10 recruiting class I will cash app you 50$.
Thats not a negative wager. It's called realistic. I pray you are correct and my 50 is just an investment in the program. Hopefully you will in turn go find a bar and put down your favorite beer in my name. Or donate 50 to our booster program

That would be a MAJOR FAIL considering Mario is a recruiter, not a gameday coach. You can't make $8M a year, not be a good x's and o's guy and bring in classes ranked 12th -17th. We got that out of Diass. Mario's floor needs to be recruiting classes ranked no less than 10th, period.
Honestly if he doesn't deliver top 5 classes I doubt he ever gets even near a CFP.

Out of respect for @DMoney because he’s a very good friend of mine, I’m not going to take your disrespect Brooklyn, but I’ll go about it in a politically correct way.
Personally I wouldn't give a **** how you take it. You want people to respect something than state your take and move on. Right or wrong it is what it is. You highlight whatever you choose. I'm glad for you and your good friends butt you can't just tell me anything. Stick to saying things for the masses. Some of us simply know better even if it comes down to something as simple as recruits being prioritized. Simply sticking to schmo or whatever his name is he's never been someone we've prioritized & as a result didn't even have a green light to commit on his timeline. But that's enough for this. It doesn't make me anymind. You all might wanna remember though there's two sides to every coin. So while you have to placate to fans which is understandable you might wanna be a lil more aware that the interests of recruits and the schools your covering take a lil more priority than being able to say to some random guy I was the first person to tell y'all such and such. Be responsible for more than your own interests that's all. It would take you far.

Top 10 classes stacked year over year wins the ACC and gets in the playoff we got to start somewhere
Why's that?

Our team last year was a bunch of top 15 classes put together including 1 top 10 class and Mario went on to have the worst season in decades.

How does top 10 classes all of a sudden make us CFP bound when Clemson continues to stack top 5-10 classes AND coaches better than Mario?

Mario needs top 5 classes to compete in my opinion.

Advertisement
Saying a top five class isn’t likely shouldn’t be considered shocking or end of the world. It’s just being realistic. I don’t need likes , subs , a subscription or under pressure to providing content , even if it’s bs. I speak what I expect. Last year I said 6-8 range.

It’ll be a good class especially on the DL. The season will dictate a lot. That’s all I’ve said in this thread.

Last edited:
Thats not a negative wager. It's called realistic. I pray you are correct and my 50 is just an investment in the program. Hopefully you will in turn go find a bar and put down your favorite beer in my name. Or donate 50 to our booster program
Why don't you make it a real bet and loser has to pay for a Yr long CIS subscription so the winner gets ad-free membership... that's only $25.

Why's that?

Our team last year was a bunch of top 15 classes put together including 1 top 10 class and Mario went on to have the worst season in decades.

How does top 10 classes all of a sudden make us CFP bound when Clemson continues to stack top 5-10 classes AND coaches better than Mario?

Mario needs top 5 classes to compete in my opinion.
Missed evals and bad rankings, a lot of them, during those years. Out of all of those classes, how many transferred up when they left?

Last edited:
Advertisement
You got a deal sir 🤝

Going Well Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Saying a top five class isn’t likely shouldn’t be considered shocking or end of the world. It’s just being realistic. I don’t need likes , subs , a subscription or an expectation of making content, even if it’s bs.

It’ll be a good class especially on the DL. The season will dictate a lot. That’s all I’ve said in this thread.
Bama, UGA, Ohio St, Michigan, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Oklahoma are all schools who have been in CFP 2+ times. That's 7 schools.
SO Anyone who actually thinks top 5 should ever BE anything more than low probability until we actually win anything is just dumb. Sure we can finish top 5, cause Mario is that great of a recruiter. But that's not LIKELY. And especially not likely as time goes on and if winning weren't to follow.

Fortunately I think we will win a lot.

Advertisement
So now despite my mental denial for months, its apparent that we are not spreading around the NIL money that we were the last year otherwise all these kids we are heavily recruiting wouldn't be getting crystal balled all around the country. I am a very patient person and I totally believe in Mario and staff but it's getting pretty obvious at this point. And even if we win 9-10 games, we are not flipping 10-12 kids. It just doesn't work that way. Most kids don't flip from their initial commitment.

Personally I wouldn't give a **** how you take it. You want people to respect something than state your take and move on. Right or wrong it is what it is. You highlight whatever you choose. I'm glad for you and your good friends butt you can't just tell me anything. Stick to saying things for the masses. Some of us simply know better even if it comes down to something as simple as recruits being prioritized. Simply sticking to schmo or whatever his name is he's never been someone we've prioritized & as a result didn't even have a green light to commit on his timeline. But that's enough for this. It doesn't make me anymind. You all might wanna remember though there's two sides to every coin. So while you have to placate to fans which is understandable you might wanna be a lil more aware that the interests of recruits and the schools your covering take a lil more priority than being able to say to some random guy I was the first person to tell y'all such and such. Be responsible for more than your own interests that's all. It would take you far.

Advertisement
Saying a top five class isn’t likely shouldn’t be considered shocking or end of the world. It’s just being realistic. I don’t need likes , subs , a subscription or under pressure to providing content , even if it’s bs. I speak what I expect. Last year I said 6-8 range.

We can only land a top 5 class when we win. I never expected Top 5 - Bama, UGA, OSU will always finish top 3 - so you’re fighting too many big schools for the other spots. 7-10 is where we need to finish yearly and I do not think he will do that this year. My guess 12-15 range. Which for the amount of investment isn’t great tbh.

Finish with a top 10 recruiting class. No excuses. MC can’t do it, then what is he here for. Not a great gameday coach, questionable in his hires. The one area, only area that was not questioned is his recruiting. Well, do it then. All the rest is a bunch of hot air.

So now despite my mental denial for months, its apparent that we are not spreading around the NIL money that we were the last year otherwise all these kids we are heavily recruiting wouldn't be getting crystal balled all around the country. I am a very patient person and I totally believe in Mario and staff but it's getting pretty obvious at this point. And even if we win 9-10 games, we are not flipping 10-12 kids. It just doesn't work that way. Most kids don't flip from their initial commitment.
Maybe other schools have upped their NIL game

Advertisement
Back