@LetsMeetAtTheQB...Coach Kul

Advertisement
Yes, because Kul left Miami in great shape at defensive tackle. The dude could not recruit. For the record, Jeff Stoutland left Miami and won 2 national titles at Alabama and then Saban ran him off. My Lab could recruit Alabama right now. ***** this guy.

Miami's rushing defense was slightly better than Kul's 2017. The Wisconsin game is an outlier because the boys packed it in for the most part especially after only giving up 1 touchdown in the first half. And without defensive tackles we were in trouble.

Saban/Bama doesn't allow his team to pack it in up 100-0. Hopefully Manny will be able to replicate this culture...And Kul has been a successful SEC guy for many years (before Bama) and has been putting 1st rounders in the league. Manny is...well Manny...

About to get a ring. Didn't he have beef with Manny? Lol. Our third string coaches...

1546795917085.gif

Advertisement
A lot of kids I would take over them, but they are more than adequate to develop and play here and be good players. What did Kul give us?
Fuq Kul I could care less about that POS............but I would not take our kids over theres thats just being honest.

Advertisement
Fuq Kul I could care less about that POS............but I would not take our kids over theres thats just being honest.

What's that have to do with Kul? That's my point. Any clown can recruit for them. They are going through coach after position coach and coordinator. Stoutland recruited fairly well for us but our lines underperformed. He goes to Alabama and is part of two national titles and DOES NOT get a pay raise and is ultimately run off. Lane Kiffin fails everywhere and looks like a genius there. Mike Locksley is 2-26 at New Mexico and 1-5 as the interim at Maryland. Goes to Alabama and looks like a genius. Yes, it is Saban but it money and lots of it by thrown around.

Again, my point is we just signed 3 kids who have athleticism and nice size and can be developed. What did Kul leave us? Silvera who was almost all but ready to walk. Anybody else? We got Miller as an absolute late add.

What's that have to do with Kul? That's my point. Any clown can recruit for them. They are going through coach after position coach and coordinator. Stoutland recruited fairly well for us but our lines underperformed. He goes to Alabama and is part of two national titles and DOES NOT get a pay raise and is ultimately run off. Lane Kiffin fails everywhere and looks like a genius there. Mike Locksley is 2-26 at New Mexico and 1-5 as the interim at Maryland. Goes to Alabama and looks like a genius. Yes, it is Saban but it money and lots of it by thrown around.

Again, my point is we just signed 3 kids who have athleticism and nice size and can be developed. What did Kul leave us? Silvera who was almost all but ready to walk. Anybody else? We got Miller as an absolute late add.
Its Saban its always been Saban, if he leaves it falls apart. Just like it was always about Butch thats why kids came. When Saban leaves there will be kids who will choose bama based on there run but it will slowly fall apart

Its Saban its always been Saban, if he leaves it falls apart. Just like it was always about Butch thats why kids came. When Saban leaves there will be kids who will choose bama based on there run but it will slowly fall apart

When Butch was coach, our dominant teams from the 80's and 90's were still fresh in people's minds.

It would have been a lot easier for Butch to recruit at Miami, just because at that time, the memory was still there of when we ruled college football for nearly 2 decades.

It's harder today. We haven't been relevant since 2003 or so. And as great as the 2001 team was, it didn't totally turn college football on its head, like our great teams of the 80's/90's did. Those teams were a marketing phenomenon.

This is why I keep saying - if Miami wants to be "back," we need to follow the blueprint from the 80's, not from the 2000 team. We can never recruit the kind of talent we did in 2000. What we can do is build a team like Howard did, and then Jimmy.

But we're so far away from that mindset today, I just don't see it in our future.

Advertisement
Is it wrong to hope Kewl chokes to death on a brat covered in entirely too much mustard that he's eating in his truck en route to the next NFL job interview that he'd leave ANY college for in a second?

Asking for a friend with a sinister yet often humorous mind.

Lets not compare us to bama what bama is doing now dwarfs anything we did comparing butch to saban is a flat out joke

When Butch was coach, our dominant teams from the 80's and 90's were still fresh in people's minds.

It would have been a lot easier for Butch to recruit at Miami, just because at that time, the memory was still there of when we ruled college football for nearly 2 decades.

It's harder today. We haven't been relevant since 2003 or so. And as great as the 2001 team was, it didn't totally turn college football on its head, like our great teams of the 80's/90's did. Those teams were a marketing phenomenon.

This is why I keep saying - if Miami wants to be "back," we need to follow the blueprint from the 80's, not from the 2000 team. We can never recruit the kind of talent we did in 2000. What we can do is build a team like Howard did, and then Jimmy.

But we're so far away from that mindset today, I just don't see it in our future.
Not sure the '80's approach will work now. We were able to find so many kids who flew under the radar. Harder to find them now.

Advertisement
Not sure the '80's approach will work now. We were able to find so many kids who flew under the radar. Harder to find them now.

I'm talking about the rule breaking.

The 2001 team was clean (sort of, minus some Escalades).

We can't have a dominant program and keep our noses clean at the same time. We don't have anything to sell.

Fact is, we're going to have to win with some 3-stars. The only way to do that is steroids... plain and simple. We need a trainer on staff who will shoot the kids up, like we had in the 90's.

We need to drop bags for the 5-stars. That's the only way we'll get them to come here.

Yes, because Kul left Miami in great shape at defensive tackle. The dude could not recruit. For the record, Jeff Stoutland left Miami and won 2 national titles at Alabama and then Saban ran him off. My Lab could recruit Alabama right now. ***** this guy.

Miami's rushing defense was slightly better than Kul's 2017. The Wisconsin game is an outlier because the boys packed it in for the most part especially after only giving up 1 touchdown in the first half. And without defensive tackles we were in trouble.
You failed to mention 2 starting DTs left early (big mistake) and Willis , groomed by Kul, was waiting. Other than Willis, our DT play was average. JJ and Garvin were already contributing. So, who did Jess develop? Did you happen to see our 2s on the d-line? Nick Saban is the most successful coach in BCS history. Just curious, why did he come get Coach Kul when he can get ANYONE he wants??? I'll take his evaluation over anyone on CIS! Don't kid yourself, just check Kul's body of work at Mizzou. Results don't lie in this business!

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Back