@LetsMeetAtTheQB...Coach Kul

Day coached against Oregon State, Rutgers and a significantly weaker TCU. That team would have won those games, if the waterboy was coaching. I hear that as a Ryan Day resume point, all the time, here in Colimbus. Not saying he won't be a good coach - I am saying the name Ryan Day, does not recruit like the name Urban Meyer. There will be a drop off. They will experience a cycle of down recruiting and performance. I have no idea what Dabo will do, when Saban leaves - but assuming he wins this game, he's built his own kingdom, at Clemson, and doesn't need to go anywhere. A lot of people are baggin' on the Diaz hire - but I don't recall Dabo or Ryan Day coming from successfull HC positions,.to take their current jobs. I mean neither was ever a P5 HC prior to their current tenure.

Day was a candidate and turned down NFL offers from what I hear. Day still blew out Oregon St. TCU was winning that game until the D took over and flipped it. Rutgers would give UM a dogfight. Saban built himself a kingdom at LSU and still left. Urban built himself a kingdom at Florida and left to win another natty at OSU. Bama will do what Bama does. Just buy Dabo. Throw Jimbo Fisher money at him and more. Dabo has a cool slide. UM should get one maybe.

Advertisement
Fo#@&$& him, Satan, And Bama..he took the easy route ... I bet he loves it in Tucakkkk..

One of the dumbest continuous sentiments on here. If you think coaching on Sabans staff is easier than at Miami then you have to be one of the least informed people on the planet. The expectations and stress of coaching up to Sabans expectations is unmatched in college football.

One of the dumbest continuous sentiments on here. If you think coaching on Sabans staff is easier than at Miami then you have to be one of the least informed people on the planet. The expectations and stress of coaching up to Sabans expectations is unmatched in college football.

Easiest path to recruit ..he doesn’t like to recruit ... you don’t need to recruit and do the extra work at Bama

Saban tosses out championship coordinators like giving Gucci clothes to the Salvation Army. Doesn't give a shiit. He just goes back to Armani X and buys another cool suit aka coordinator. Ruthless. ****. You got to admire that shiit. Very Miami-esque. Well, the old Miami. The new Miami shops at Goodwill.

Day was a candidate and turned down NFL offers from what I hear. Day still blew out Oregon St. TCU was winning that game until the D took over and flipped it. Rutgers would give UM a dogfight. Saban built himself a kingdom at LSU and still left. Urban built himself a kingdom at Florida and left to win another natty at OSU. Bama will do what Bama does. Just buy Dabo. Throw Jimbo Fisher money at him and more. Dabo has a cool slide. UM should get one maybe.

Yeah - again, idk what Dabo will do and your points are well taken, on that. My comment was simply that there will be a drop w/out Urb at the helm. We could argue nuances all day: Oregon state is the old Clevenland Browns, of P5 CFB (win 2 or 3 games over two years). TCU was winning because taints D was dawgsh!t, but they still had Bosa at that point and made adjustments . I think early on.we would have mauled Rutgers - but, at the end of our year they would have had a chance.

Advertisement
They will. Saban is not losing to a freshmen QB. If it were UM, different story. We have a storied tradition now of taking L's to freshmen QBs.

Jordan.gif

Advertisement
No one knows the truth behind recruiting, especially fans on message boards. Elite teams and staffs get elite recruits and UM is neither so recruiting here is what it is. For someone who specializes in DEs his tackle progressed pretty well 2 left early for the draft and Willis could be a first rounder. Again Tito, Ford, Nesta were a big disappointment. Saban took Kul not some guy coaching high school a few years ago. Jess got hired because he was Mark’s buddy and has a lot to prove.

This.....******* Jess. Lazy Hire

Advertisement
Weakest sorriest softest Alabaga DLine I’ve seen under Sabag.

I said it when Coach Kul was here. That dude doesn't teach our guys to be discipline and set the edge ESPECIALLY the run game. Look at Alabama's run defense numbers this year. They gave up 115 on the ground per game after giving up under 90 for like the last 5-6 years.

I'm glad we found a better replacement IMO. Better discipline and better recruiting.

Advertisement
Just going to leave this here

And Clemson's OL was supposedly just average. About the only time Baga got pressure is when they blitzed. Their all world DT was a non-factor.

Conversely, Baga's OL has a C with 57 starts and an AA tackle that couldn't block just 4 rushers.

Advertisement
Back