Let's Talk FACTS About Luigi CristoNoBalls

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
Premium
Here we go again with this treasonous positions corch's name forced into our universe once more. I see there are already multiple threads about him and the usual apologist crew and worshippers of anything local are already reciting their talking points. Let's talk some facts and falsehoods:

1. He didn't leave for some huge payday. He's only making in the $500k range NOW (which is hardly impressive) and his initial salary was probably similar to what Alfredo scraped together for him as he sulked about getting canned from FIU.

2. He left for a great opportunity at future career advancement. Not true. Why is his name even being discussed today? Because it's connected to a lateral move to Oregon or a regressive move to UiF. When Luigi went to Alabamy it was framed as "learning at the heels of the master" and that it'd set him up for huge HC openings down the line. Those interviews never happened but even worse he never even advanced within the freakin' Alabamy coaching staff.

3. Staying here would've been career suicide. Again, not true. Is Larry Scott employed? Is Jedd Fisch employed? Luigi would've more than likely also been named interim and would've been the recipient of all that misguided love that Scott got. He also more than likely would've received more serious consideration for retention by Richt than any of Alfredo's guys got. Worst case? He isn't hated by a large portion of our fanbase and he'd have been in the same spot he is now- entertaining position corch jobs by programs that want to recruit here.

4. Is he REALLY that great of a recruiter....or could almost anybody competent with the Alabamy name (and bags) pull the same amount of South Florida kids he has in today's no-loyalty local climate?

5. Is he really even a good coach? Plenty of Alabamy fans have complained about him- not that they're a reasonable lot but still noteworthy. Again, why has a former head coach not advanced in such a long tenure as open spots are filled by maniacs like Kiffin & Cutty Sark? CristoNoBalls name was not ever considered in any public fashion when those spots were open. Any honest person is hardly impressed by his greatly over-appreciated run at FIU as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don't care about the details or the history. If he can help us win, I want him. If he can't help us win, not interested.

Here we go again with this treasonous positions corch's name forced into our universe once more. I see there are already multiple threads about him and the usual apologist crew and worshippers of anything local are already reciting their talking points. Let's talk some facts and falsehoods:

1. He didn't leave for some huge payday. He's only making in the $500k range NOW (which is hardly impressive) and his initial salary was probably similar to what Alfredo scraped together for him as he sulked about getting canned from FIU.

2. He left for a great opportunity at career advancement. Not true. Why is his name even being discussed today? Because it's connected to a lateral move to Oregon or a regressive move to UiF. When Luigi went to Alabamy it was framed as "learning at the heels of the master" and that it'd set him up for huge HC openings down the line. Those interviews never happened but even worse he never even advanced within the freakin' Alabamy coaching staff.

3. Staying here would've been career suicide. Again, not true. Is Larry Scott employed? Is Jedd Fisch employed? Luigi would've more than likely also been named interim and would've been the recipient of all that misguided love that Scott got. He also more than likely would've received more serious consideration for retention by Richt than any of Alfredo's guys got. Worst case? He isn't hated by a large portion of our fanbase and he'd have been in the same spot he is now- entertaining position corch jobs by programs that want to recruit here.

4. Is he REALLY that great of a recruiter....or could almost anybody competent with the Alabamy name (and bags) pull the same amount of South Florida kids he has in today's no-loyalty local climate?

5. Is he really even a good coach? Plenty of Alabamy fans have complained about him- not that they're a reasonable lot but still noteworthy. Again, why has a former head coach not advanced in such a long tenure as open spots are filled by maniacs like Kiffin & Cutty Sark? CristoNoBalls name was even considered in any public fashion when those spots were open. Any honest person is hardly impressed by his greatly over-appreciated run at FIU as well.

Our fanbase overrates Luigi, it actually is quite amazing

Don't care about the details or the history. If he can help us win, I want him. If he can't help us win, not interested.

Alfredo probably had that same thought right before he hired him too.

This thread will probably expose the Columbus High Crew too. Just a different version of the "God bless. God bless. Go get yours!" mentality.

Advertisement
Yes cristobal is a very good recruiter. I recall miami fans going crazy when he was hired because they thought him and coley would lock down south florida.

All of a sudden he leaves and goes to bama and people claim he cant recruit. I would take him as the o-line coach.

Alfredo probably had that same thought right before he hired him too.

You probably do have a point about Mario deciding against being involved with Al/career suicide. He must've have known Al was garbage before taking the gig.

Yes cristobal is a very good recruiter. I recall miami fans going crazy when he was hired because they thought him and coley would lock down south florida.

All of a sudden he leaves and goes to bama and people claim he cant recruit. I would take him as the o-line coach.

I wouldn't use what a contingent of our fanbase goes crazy over as an actual barometer of whether someone is actually good to superb at their job. I remember people taking to the streets celebrating when Icee Harris was hired too.

This is obviously a harder point on my end to prove because I'm suggesting that we need to separate Luigi from the Alabamy brand in a climate where it's okay for local punks to **** on Miami but it's still worth considering when we deem him this master recruiter.

Some of my cane brothers in here try to make things too complex. I think the reason mario left here is alabama gave him a chance to be their offensive line coach, unlike here. Remember he was just the tight ends coach\assistant head coach under golden. If we woulda fired kehoe and made mario the o-line coach, he probably would stayed at miami.

Advertisement
Someone left a job where his boss was Al Golden to work for Nick Saban....... If you wouldn't have, you're a fu cking dip****, which I'm going to assume [MENTION=9712]Tad Footeball[/MENTION] is

The legend of Alabama in South Florida has reached epic proportions. Yes, Amari Cooper went to Bama in 2012 and Calvin Ridley went in 2015. And Eddie Jackson in 2013 who was recruited as a wide out. That's it. If Jeudy heads there then that's 4 kids in 6 years.

Advertisement

The legend of Alabama in South Florida has reached epic proportions. Yes, Amari Cooper went to Bama in 2012 and Calvin Ridley went in 2015. And Eddie Jackson in 2013 who was recruited as a wide out. That's it. If Jeudy heads there then that's 4 kids in 6 years.

Everybody knows they dont have a pipeline in florida but probably could if saban wanted too.

Advertisement
Not huge on Cristobal.. but I just hope he doesn't go to UFag. Stay at Bama. Go to Oregon. Whatever.

At UF, he's an actual threat. JMO

2. He left for a great opportunity at future career advancement. Not true. Why is his name even being discussed today? Because it's connected to a lateral move to Oregon or a regressive move to UiF. When Luigi went to Alabamy it was framed as "learning at the heels of the master" and that it'd set him up for huge HC openings down the line. Those interviews never happened but even worse he never even advanced within the freakin' Alabamy coaching staff. Was considered for the UM job literally 6 months ago.... Not a FACT

5. Is he really even a good coach? Plenty of Alabamy fans have complained about him- not that they're a reasonable lot but still noteworthy. Again, why has a former head coach not advanced in such a long tenure as open spots are filled by maniacs like Kiffin & Cutty Sark? CristoNoBalls name was not ever considered in any public fashion when those spots were open. Any honest person is hardly impressed by his greatly over-appreciated run at FIU as well. Not a FACT

I couldn't care less about Cristobal, but your "facts" are either opinions or flat out wrong lol.

Last edited:
Cristobal aint coming here so i dont know why yall making threads getting all sensitive and ****.

Advertisement
Back