Let's play the coaching wishlist game

Realistic and ****** free list:

1. Rich rod. Would be amazing in south Florida.
2. Doc Holliday. Fantastic recruiter in Florida and has shown very nice results at Marshall the last few years. He could be a larranaga type hire. Older guy where age doesn't matter and a good coach. Knows this state better than anyone.
3. Pj fleck. Young but a very fast riser. Excellent recruiter who has dramatically turned western Michigan around in two years. In mid 30s and seems hungry. Schiano praised him endlessly.
4. Rob Chudzinski. Very intelligent guy. Familiar here and loads of nfl coaching experience. Even one year as a head man.
5. Dave Amanda. Wisconsin dc. Awesome coordinator and was also at Utah state and Hawaii. Still in late 30s. Totally transformed Wisconsins d and was a broyles candidate at Utah state too. Too much a west of the Mississippi guy?
6. Jeremy pruitt. Great recruiter, done a nice job as dc at FSU and Georgia so far, only 41 and learned under Saban for many years.
7. Tom Herman. Now hc at Houston. How soon would he leave and just starting as head man. Has been a terrific coordinator at Ohio state, Iowa state and rice. Was particularly good at Ohio state and had three years learning under Meyer.
8. Jeff brohm. Hc at western Kentucky. Very nice first year as head man. Years of play calling with petrino and was qb in nfl for years too.
9. Lane kifffin. Ok. Guy is a ****. Let's be honest. He had some shady activity while at usc and at Tennessee. Failed badly with raiders and quit on ut. I actually think he grew up at use while coaching and recruiting under real sanctions. Been learning under Saban as well. High risk and high reward hire.

Advertisement

2. Doc Holliday. Fantastic recruiter in Florida and has shown very nice results at Marshall the last few years. He could be a larranaga type hire. Older guy where age doesn't matter and a good coach. Knows this state better than anyone.
3. Pj fleck. Young but a very fast riser. Excellent recruiter who has dramatically turned western Michigan around in two years. In mid 30s and seems hungry. Schiano praised him endlessly.
4. Rob Chudzinski. Very intelligent guy. Familiar here and loads of nfl coaching experience. Even one year as a head man.
5. Dave Amanda. Wisconsin dc. Awesome coordinator and was also at Utah state and Hawaii. Still in late 30s. Totally transformed Wisconsins d and was a broyles candidate at Utah state too. Too much a west of the Mississippi guy?
6. Jeremy pruitt. Great recruiter, done a nice job as dc at FSU and Georgia so far, only 41 and learned under Saban for many years.
7. Tom Herman. Now hc at Houston. How soon would he leave and just starting as head man. Has been a terrific coordinator at Ohio state, Iowa state and rice. Was particularly good at Ohio state and had three years learning under Meyer.
8. Jeff brohm. Hc at western Kentucky. Very nice first year as head man. Years of play calling with petrino and was qb in nfl for years too.
9. Lane kifffin. Ok. Guy is a ****. Let's be honest. He had some shady activity while at usc and at Tennessee. Failed badly with raiders and quit on ut. I actually think he grew up at use while coaching and recruiting under real sanctions. Been learning under Saban as well. High risk and high reward hire.

This is a really good list.

I can't understand the infatuation with Kiffin.
Failed terribly at his last three HC attemps and now because he may OR NOT have maybe learned something by working for Saban people want to give him a chance.
He looks the part so people want him but the is zero substance behind it.

I've been saying rich rod would kill it here for the past 3 years.

At this point, I don't think rich rod would leave Arizona for this job.

Doc Holiday is a realistic candidate and I think he could do a very good job here.

Advertisement
Chud will be one the second an NFL job opens up. wtf dont you people get about that. My friend played for the guy. Said he is a GREAT hire and a BAD hire. he said he will do a great job as long as he is here but he wont be here long. Doc Holliday i worry about because I'm dont know if he can recruit. he gets alot of talented kids who grades forced them to go to marshall.

Advertisement
Assuming Golden gets fired, as we all hope, who are we realistically looking at? I'll leave Butch out of the debate since I doubt he gets a sniff. Same goes for current coordinators since they are harder to evaluate:

Schiano - Hasn't done **** since 2013 when he got fired in TB. Could be a Mora Jr.-type situation with UCLA. Wouldn't be against it.
Chud - Probably a better hire than Schiano. Love that he's coaching with Pagano. Would probably bring Dorsey with him.

Cristobal - Basically another Al Golden situation, do not want.

Tuberville - Would have loved the hire in 2011. I bet he'd love the job.

Ruffin McNeil (ECU) - Has had some really good success there. Probably holding out for SEC/Big 12 gig

Justin Fuente (Memphis) - Has revived one of the worst programs in America but wouldn't we be hiring Golden again?

Curtis Johnson (Tulane) - Did wonders here as a coach but uninspiring record at Tulane

Doc Holliday (Marshall) - One of the first calls I make. Killing it at Marshall, recruits locally, and has coached in the state

Matt Campbell (Toledo) - This guy actually wins in the MAC. Young at age 35.

Matt Wells (Utah State) - Not really a Miami connection here but has done really well taking over for Gary Andersen

Mark Hudspeth (ULL) - Has won everywhere he's been and would come pretty cheap

Didn't put Kiffin on this list but thoughts on him?

Sh*t List....

Chud will be one the second an NFL job opens up. wtf dont you people get about that. My friend played for the guy. Said he is a GREAT hire and a BAD hire. he said he will do a great job as long as he is here but he wont be here long. Doc Holliday i worry about because I'm dont know if he can recruit. he gets alot of talented kids who grades forced them to go to marshall.

I'm not vouching for Chud in any way, but generally speaking our program will be in a much better state than it's in currently if we hire a coach who does well enough to be coveted by the NFL. Why would you or anyone else see that as a problem? This administration doesn't spend to contend with the salaries they've extended to coaches, so it's not like we'll be looking for a lifer anyway.

Advertisement
Briles is a non starter if he's available because of the mess their. Schiano has a tremendous amount of support internally and with the community. He hasn't taken a job because he's getting paid and he want this job. If this season goes south, he's the new coach if things don't change. Just like Golden is not a fit, Schiano is. He will win here.

Advertisement
Butch is washed up and people talked on these boards in 1999 about him just like you guys are about Al

Tuberville? I can not believe this guy has 9 lives.

Anyone who is use to Marshall entrance standards can never come to Miami. Look at Brian Kelly of ND.

That video of Hedsputh is a joke. Is that an Under Armor commercial? College guys do not react to that. They tune it out.

I love Rich Rod and with the PAC12 getting really good and he will have no chance at the top 20 kids at each position in Cali and gets a Miami offer he has to take it.

I love Leach. He would be great for the Area.

Chud? You guys get your panties in a wad over Golden and Penn St. This guys agent will pop his name into every NFL job and so will the media.

What do you mean this guy or that guy is another Al Golden? Same personality or do you mean builds a crap small program this unworthy of Miami?

Many of you have to get it out of your head that all these coaches are an extension of the great HC they were an Assitant under. Also they are all not taking notes. Most with egos think the coach they are under are just a product of their great recruiting. Ask them. They will tell you. Have you seen one Patriots assistant do well away from Bleicheck? You really think Saban is taking Kiffen under his fatherly wing and teaching him everything? Think Kiffen is no longer a compulsive liar who can not delegate to quality coordinators? Ok good luck with that.

Butch is washed up and people talked on these boards in 1999 about him just like you guys are about Al

Tuberville? I can not believe this guy has 9 lives.

Anyone who is use to Marshall entrance standards can never come to Miami. Look at Brian Kelly of ND.

That video of Hedsputh is a joke. Is that an Under Armor commercial? College guys do not react to that. They tune it out.

I love Rich Rod and with the PAC12 getting really good and he will have no chance at the top 20 kids at each position in Cali and gets a Miami offer he has to take it.

I love Leach. He would be great for the Area.

Chud? You guys get your panties in a wad over Golden and Penn St. This guys agent will pop his name into every NFL job and so will the media.

What do you mean this guy or that guy is another Al Golden? Same personality or do you mean builds a crap small program this unworthy of Miami?

Many of you have to get it out of your head that all these coaches are an extension of the great HC they were an Assitant under. Also they are all not taking notes. Most with egos think the coach they are under are just a product of their great recruiting. Ask them. They will tell you. Have you seen one Patriots assistant do well away from Bleicheck? You really think Saban is taking Kiffen under his fatherly wing and teaching him everything? Think Kiffen is no longer a compulsive liar who can not delegate to quality coordinators? Ok good luck with that.

The hudspeth video is from college. ULL

Advertisement
Back