Let's play the coaching wishlist game

AustinCane86

Thunderdome
Assuming Golden gets fired, as we all hope, who are we realistically looking at? I'll leave Butch out of the debate since I doubt he gets a sniff. Same goes for current coordinators since they are harder to evaluate:

Schiano - Hasn't done **** since 2013 when he got fired in TB. Could be a Mora Jr.-type situation with UCLA. Wouldn't be against it.

Chud - Probably a better hire than Schiano. Love that he's coaching with Pagano. Would probably bring Dorsey with him.

Cristobal - Basically another Al Golden situation, do not want.

Tuberville - Would have loved the hire in 2011. I bet he'd love the job.

Ruffin McNeil (ECU) - Has had some really good success there. Probably holding out for SEC/Big 12 gig

Justin Fuente (Memphis) - Has revived one of the worst programs in America but wouldn't we be hiring Golden again?

Curtis Johnson (Tulane) - Did wonders here as a coach but uninspiring record at Tulane

Doc Holliday (Marshall) - One of the first calls I make. Killing it at Marshall, recruits locally, and has coached in the state

Matt Campbell (Toledo) - This guy actually wins in the MAC. Young at age 35.

Matt Wells (Utah State) - Not really a Miami connection here but has done really well taking over for Gary Andersen

Mark Hudspeth (ULL) - Has won everywhere he's been and would come pretty cheap

Didn't put Kiffin on this list but thoughts on him?

Advertisement
Do not underestimate the Saban impact on Cristobal/Kiffin. Not saying that either are my top choice but both have been fired before and are learning from the best. They can both flat out recruit so learning under Saban can only improve them and their stock. Both are upgrades from Al Golden

Butch and Mark Stoops, defensive coaches who aren't conservative offensively.

Some young innovator on the offensive side of the ball. Chip Kelly would be a dream.

Advertisement
Like Ron Turner, Charlie Partridge would be a good candidate.

Frenk could cut down on relocation costs by going with a local guy.

Advertisement
Todd Graham
Mark Dantonio
Mark Stoops

My guy I think we can grab before he completely blows up is Chad Morris. I'm starting to get on the bandwagon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
For the guys asking for the coach for ND State ...

Y'all do know that the guy who won the title for them last year is not the same guy who won 3 consecutive titles before that, right??

The guy who won the 3-peat just went 4-8 in his first season at Wyoming ...

Advertisement
Back