Let's play the coaching wishlist game

Advertisement
Advertisement
every coach mentioned so far would be an upgrade to Foldin'. and that is sad.

Gary Patterson

Dan Mullen

Neither will ever get respect they deserve at their current schools

Advertisement
Assuming Golden gets fired, as we all hope, who are we realistically looking at? I'll leave Butch out of the debate since I doubt he gets a sniff. Same goes for current coordinators since they are harder to evaluate:

Schiano - Hasn't done **** since 2013 when he got fired in TB. Could be a Mora Jr.-type situation with UCLA. Wouldn't be against it.

Chud - Probably a better hire than Schiano. Love that he's coaching with Pagano. Would probably bring Dorsey with him.

Cristobal - Basically another Al Golden situation, do not want.

Tuberville - Would have loved the hire in 2011. I bet he'd love the job.

Ruffin McNeil (ECU) - Has had some really good success there. Probably holding out for SEC/Big 12 gig

Justin Fuente (Memphis) - Has revived one of the worst programs in America but wouldn't we be hiring Golden again?

Curtis Johnson (Tulane) - Did wonders here as a coach but uninspiring record at Tulane

Doc Holliday (Marshall) - One of the first calls I make. Killing it at Marshall, recruits locally, and has coached in the state

Matt Campbell (Toledo) - This guy actually wins in the MAC. Young at age 35.

Matt Wells (Utah State) - Not really a Miami connection here but has done really well taking over for Gary Andersen

Mark Hudspeth (ULL) - Has won everywhere he's been and would come pretty cheap

Didn't put Kiffin on this list but thoughts on him?

Wow.

Your thinking positively sucks.

Not a bad list.

I would add:

1. Gundy (Oklahoma St.)
2. Holgerson (West Virginia)
3. Rodriguez (Arizona)
4. Kingsbury (Texas Tech)
5. Strong (Texas)
6. Wilson (Indiana)
7. Mullin (Mississippi St.)
8. Brohm (Western Kentucky_

u know u aint put butch cuz erbody gun pick his ***, and hes realistic as a choice to coach. don't get it fked up

Advertisement
I just want a defensive minded coach who actually knows what he is doing.

Chip Kelly would be a great hire but I think I'd rather have him for my NFL team(Titans) to work with his old QB.

I for one do not wish anyone gets fired. I am as frustrated as anyone. However, Al is here for this year and I hope he figures it out. I do not believe a transition will be as easy as many think. I want the canes to win again. I want it this year.

Advertisement
We're just gonna have to get lucky with an up-and-comer. We had the right idea with Golden. We just ended up with the wrong one.

Justin Fuente and Tom Herman are intriguing. They both learned under savages (Patterson and Meyer respectively) a.k.a. Not Al Groh.

I for one do not wish anyone gets fired. I am as frustrated as anyone. However, Al is here for this year and I hope he figures it out. I do not believe a transition will be as easy as many think. I want the canes to win again. I want it this year.

If he hasn't figured it out after 4 years, he's not going to figure it out. That's the problem. He's not a dynamic thinker. He doesn't know how to adjust and adapt on the fly. He calculates at a glacial pace. He was fine at a place like Temple where 95% of the roster had limited pro aspirations. But he doesn't know how to motivate thoroughbreds. A smart coach would have these guys playing fast & loose. Instead, we play safe & methodical.

He's like an average, hard-working 8th grader trying to excel in AP Calculus.

1. Butch
2. Corpse of Butch once he passes away
3. Dave Aranda

2012, Aranda was the Defensive Coordinator for one year Utah State Aggies under Gary Andersen. In 2012, Aranda was a nominee for the Broyles Award as the Aggies defense finished in the top 15 of all FBS schools in all four major defensive categories; seventh in scoring defense (15.4 points per game), 13th in rushing defense (113.8 yards per game), eighth in pass-efficiency defense (14 interceptions, 12 touchdowns, 54.1% completion rate, 5.7 yards per attempt) and 14th in total defense (322.1 ypg).[2][3]
When Gary Andersen was hired as the new Wisconsin Badgers head coach after the 2012 football season Aranda followed him to Wisconsin, turning down offers from Texas Tech and California.[4] Aranda changed the Badgers' base defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and developed a more aggressive defense, putting pressure on the quarterback.[5] His first year as Defensive Coordinator the Badgers defense ranked in the top 20 in all four major defensive categories; scoring defense (6th), total defense (7th), rushing defense (5th) and passing defense (17th).[6]

Dude is young and has done more with less, in diametric opposition to Al Golden. Please note that I'm defining less as "the leftovers in southern Florida that basically the big three , SEC, and even the **** Big East routinely blew off." Guy is legit. There's a reason there were zero fvcks given about the UW head coach leaving and all the calls on talk radio were about keeping Aranda.

Advertisement
Back