Let's keep this into Perspective OBJECTIVELY

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st troll warning was the fact Nickster porsted.
2nd troll warning is when he started out with a bunch of fluff positives and the whole time you knew he couldn't wait to turn negative.

This thread never had potential. Not one new thing to be discussed.

Advertisement
Crimson Cane, I have been a CANE SUPPORTER and season ticket holder for over 30 years and that is being objective. Coach Richt is a great man, a person with high integrity, and a family man. He has a lot of success in college football BUT HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO WIN THE BIG ONE. We are headed in the right direction and I love my CANES but want much better results this year. In the last two years we have have a string of consecutive losses that is not representative of a championship caliber team. Dispute that if you wish but I believe that is right on the nose. I will post anytime I want feel like it.[/QUOTE

Can’t have a championship caliber team without a championship caliber roster. If we’re being objective.

Crimson Cane, I have been a CANE SUPPORTER and season ticket holder for over 30 years and that is being objective. Coach Richt is a great man, a person with high integrity, and a family man. He has a lot of success in college football BUT HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO WIN THE BIG ONE. We are headed in the right direction and I love my CANES but want much better results this year. In the last two years we have have a string of consecutive losses that is not representative of a championship caliber team. Dispute that if you wish but I believe that is right on the nose. I will post anytime I want feel like it.

Cannot say this enough. Georgia is NOT THE PROGRAM Miami is. Stop being stuck in the 50's when there were 10 good schools. Richt didn't "win the big one" AT GEORGIA. Guess what? No one else did for 20 years before him either.

Georgia should be a better program than Miami. So should Florida, and Tennessee, et al. They're not.

You initially said for the 15 years Richt was at UGA, he "always" had a "very porous offensive line." I'm proving you wrong over and over, and you're responding that they weren't "that dominant." You have moved the target my friend. Let's move on.

You have not proved me wrong. My original statement was that Richt's OL was always UGAs weakness. That is a fact. Kirby has recruited more blue chip OL in 3 years then richt has in 15 years. Kirby has created the best line in UGA history and that is before he has loaded the OL with his recruits. UGA has had weak lines every single year under Richt. You where the one that brought up the "dominant" performance against Bama. I said that same line looked like swiss cheese against USCe. That same line looked like swiss cheese in the 4th quarter. If Richt continues recruiting the OL line he did at UGA we will never win the ACC.

You have not proved me wrong. My original statement was that Richt's OL was always UGAs weakness. That is a fact. Kirby has recruited more blue chip OL in 3 years then richt has in 15 years. Kirby has created the best line in UGA history and that is before he has loaded the OL with his recruits. UGA has had weak lines every single year under Richt. You where the one that brought up the "dominant" performance against Bama. I said that same line looked like swiss cheese against USCe. That same line looked like swiss cheese in the 4th quarter. If Richt continues recruiting the OL line he did at UGA we will never win the ACC.

How did Kirby's OL look in the first game vs Auburn last season?

The same line that was dominant in other games looked like swiss cheese in that game.

The bottom line is that if Richt recruits OL like he did at UGA then ring #6 is on its way.

Advertisement
How did Kirby's OL look in the first game vs Auburn last season?

The same line that was dominant in other games looked like swiss cheese in that game.

The bottom line is that if Richt recruits OL like he did at UGA then ring #6 is on its way.

0 chance. If Richt recruits like that we never win the ACC . There is so much wrong with that statement. 1 Kirbys line pulled through when it mattered where as Richts line had their good games against the cupcakes. 2 Auburn is a very solid team and beat Bama last year They also only lost by 8 to Clemson.

0 chance. If Richt recruits like that we never win the ACC . There is so much wrong with that statement. 1 Kirbys line pulled through when it mattered where as Richts line had their good games against the cupcakes. 2 Auburn is a very solid team and beat Bama last year They also only lost by 8 to Clemson.

Mods, we've made it! Kirby smart himself is posting on this website under "originalgatorhater"

Mods, we've made it! Kirby smart himself is posting on this website under "originalgatorhater"

Believe me I hate Kirby more than anyone here. I also think he is a terrible game day coach, but I am just using him as proof of Richts OL recruiting ability.

I was not talking about defense. I was purely discussing the OL under Richt vs Kirby. Just look at the UGA line year one under Kirby the line was pretty bad. Last year it was the best since I started watching college football in the mid 90s.

Gimme a break!

Better than Bama's over the last several years? Better than Wisc with 4 ALL AM in 2011? Better than numerous OSU lines since the mid 90's?Better than Nebraska 1995?? etc etc I'm sure there were numerous others that were substantially better than UGA last year.

You've got to be kidding

Advertisement
Gimme a break!

Better than Bama's over the last several years? Better than Wisc with 4 ALL AM in 2011? Better than numerous OSU lines since the mid 90's?Better than Nebraska 1995?? etc etc I'm sure there were numerous others that were substantially better than UGA last year.

You've got to be kidding

Lol. No, I am not saying that. I am saying it was the best UGA line in that time period.

Personally,... As far as recruiting goes...I think mark can recruit better here, with the resources available (staff, the local talent, and the history of the U), than what he had available to him at ga.
Now,.. Do I still have reservations about our Oline coach,.... .......I do!
Keep winning, continue to progress every year, the recruiting part will get easier, as well as continuing to elevate the talent level.

This OP has some original insight. So Richt has a lot to prove, but we are heading in the right direction. Thank you for pointing out we lost to Clemson, Wisconsin and Pitt. I didn't watch those games and didn't know the outcome because I'm a poser fan.

Advertisement
Crimson Cane, I have been a CANE SUPPORTER and season ticket holder for over 30 years and that is being objective. Coach Richt is a great man, a person with high integrity, and a family man. He has a lot of success in college football BUT HAS NOT BEEN ABLE TO WIN THE BIG ONE. We are headed in the right direction and I love my CANES but want much better results this year. In the last two years we have have a string of consecutive losses that is not representative of a championship caliber team. Dispute that if you wish but I believe that is right on the nose. I will post anytime I want feel like it.
Who said we were a championship caliber team last year? We sniffed the playoffs even though nobody expected us to.

I fully expect us to be that team, if not this year, we WILL be contenders sooner rather than later. You can see it, you can feel it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back