Let's keep this into Perspective OBJECTIVELY

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Richt has never produced a line that was as good as this years UGA line.
2. The vast majority of Richts lines where not good and relied on his skill positions to overcome to the OL play.
3. Richts best line was loaded with players that where left to him by Donnan.

You couldn't be more wrong. Georgia has really good NFL linemen in the league as we speak. That team that almost beat Bama in SEC ship a few years ago had a really good Oline. And Richt recruited all the dudes on "this years UGA line." I could go on and on. Yes, there were some OLine issues with Georgia a few years ago, but you're just wrong to say Richt had a "always very porous" Oline. Nice try.

Reactions: 3GC
Advertisement
You had me going for a minute there. I actually thought you were serious until you brought Donnan into the discussion.

Carry on.

Did I say Donnan was a better coach than Richt? No. I stated a fact. The best line Richt ever put on the field was loaded with Donnan's players. There is no disputing that.

We are definietly headed in the right direction to say the least with recruiting, organization, building relationships, and wins versus losses. Then again we have been whooped by Clemson ( Dabo took it easy on us and could have scored 75 points if he wanted), got beat by Wisconsin in an important bowl game, and forget we had a game against Pitt. We have momentum but UM has a lot to prove and so does Richt as a day game coach.

Oh wow. The same stupid **** being said in the off season but on a different thread name for the 100th thread on this topic since Spring.

You couldn't be more wrong. Georgia has really good NFL linemen in the league as we speak. That team that almost beat Bama in SEC ship a few years ago had a really good Oline. And Richt recruited all the dudes on "this years UGA line." I could go on and on. Yes, there were some OLine issues with Georgia a few years ago, but you're just wrong to say Richt had a "always very porous" Oline. Nice try.

Again, Golden has some OL in the league as we speak as well. Brian Kelly pumped out a ton of NFL O linemen as well(including arguably the best one in the NFL) and look how awful his lines were every year. The line was the worst part of the team year in and year out. That is exactly my point. Richt recruited those guys and Kirby was able to coach them into an elite line. Richt was not able to do that. When Kirby got them they where all terrible. Just like when people like to brag about Rumph coaching up Jackson and the others. If Kirby could do that with a bunch of Richt recruits just wait and see what he does with a line full of 5 stars.

aada85c31fde0a64e872f0eedc6fcabf.jpg

Just thought I'd add something actually new and thought provoking since this thread is about as pointless as

TitsonaBull.jpg

Advertisement
Again, Golden has some OL in the league as we speak as well. Brian Kelly pumped out a ton of NFL O linemen as well(including arguably the best one in the NFL) and look how awful his lines were every year. The line was the worst part of the team year in and year out. That is exactly my point. Richt recruited those guys and Kirby was able to coach them into an elite line. Richt was not able to do that. When Kirby got them they where all terrible. Just like when people like to brag about Rumph coaching up Jackson and the others. If Kirby could do that with a bunch of Richt recruits just wait and see what he does with a line full of 5 stars.

I hate that you're making me defend Georgia, but please go look at the good running backs UGA produced under Richt (Moreno, Gurley, etc). Watch their college highlight tapes. You will see that at least 80% of their runs are them running through open holes you could drive a car through. You will see big olineman running down field with them blocking dudes. I don't know why you're arguing and trying to bring down Richt on this nonsense, but I'm done arguing with you.

Reasonable post. Reality is that most posters do not want to read a message that has one iota of negativity.
Is there things we can improve on? Yea I don’t think most people have their heads in the sand but I mean that post didn’t really have reality to it lol

Advertisement
Did I say Donnan was a better coach than Richt? No. I stated a fact. The best line Richt ever put on the field was loaded with Donnan's players. There is no disputing that.

No, that's incorrect.

So yeah, it can and should be disputed.

Whenever porsters make threads like this, they always mention Richt not being able to win "big games". Seeing as how he's won numerous match ups against ranked teams and even won conference titles, I can only imagine that they mean National Championships. Well, that's true but exactly how many active coaches have won national titles? Of those, how many would be willing to leave their job to coach here? Of those that might be willing to leave, how many are actually better coaches than Mark Richt? Let's see....

There are currently four (4) active coaches who have won a national title. Yup. 130 FBS head coaches. 4 with rings.
Nick Saban. Not coming.
Urban Meyer. Not coming.
Dabo Swinny. Not coming.
Jimbo Fisher. Not coming and I'd rather have Mark Richt.

So the only way for Miami to have a head coach who "wins the big one" is for Miami to hire Saban, Urban, Dabo or Jimbo.

That's PERSPECTIVE.

Advertisement
I hate that you're making me defend Georgia, but please go look at the good running backs UGA produced under Richt (Moreno, Gurley, etc). Watch their college highlight tapes. You will see that at least 80% of their runs are them running through open holes you could drive a car through. You will see big olineman running down field with them blocking dudes. I don't know why you're arguing and trying to bring down Richt on this nonsense, but I'm done arguing with you.

And most of those highlights are against the bottom feeders of the SEC. Everytime they played real SEC teams the OL collapsed and they had to rely on the their running backs to make plays without a gap.

And most of those highlights are against the bottom feeders of the SEC. Everytime they played real SEC teams the OL collapsed and they had to rely on the their running backs to make plays without a gap.

Dude. again, I hate that you're making me defend Georgia, but re-watch SEC ship where Georgia almost beat (5 yards away) that same Bama team that beat Notre Dame by 100 in the championship. Please tell me that offensive line is a "very porous offensive line."

Dude stop being an artard our staff and recruiting is night and day difference right now I think we had maybe 30 capable players against Clemson lol while they’re 3 deep at every position .. we are on our way depth wise. And about building relationships I guess you haven’t been watching all the youth camps Richt is doing .. don’t make a thread again

Before going off on the "artard" telling him not to make another thread, perhaps you should re-read the OP. We are definietly headed in the right direction to say the least with recruiting, organization, building relationships, and wins versus losses. I don't necessarily agree with his entire take, that said I definitely don't agree with all you thought police bashing him for having his opinion. Go ahead, neg the fuuk out of me. This IS America last I checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3GC
Advertisement
Before going off on the "artard" telling him not to make another thread, perhaps you should re-read the OP. We are definietly headed in the right direction to say the least with recruiting, organization, building relationships, and wins versus losses. I don't necessarily agree with his entire take, that said I definitely don't agree with all you thought police cork suckers bashing him for having his opinion. Go ahead, neg the fuuk out of me. This IS America last I checked.

10043.jpg

Before going off on the "artard" telling him not to make another thread, perhaps you should re-read the OP. We are definietly headed in the right direction to say the least with recruiting, organization, building relationships, and wins versus losses. I don't necessarily agree with his entire take, that said I definitely don't agree with all you thought police cork suckers bashing him for having his opinion. Go ahead, neg the fuuk out of me. This IS America last I checked.

We all already know the bolded part. That's part of the reason why it was a dumb threat to start. And your post is not any better. And what "this is america" have to do with anything?

Dude. again, I hate that you're making me defend Georgia, but re-watch SEC ship where Georgia almost beat (5 yards away) that same Bama team that beat Notre Dame by 100 in the championship. Please tell me that offensive line is a "very porous offensive line."

That is the same line that got ran over by USCe. However, I did watch that game and that line was not as dominant as you are making it out to be, even when they played Bama. Especially in the 4th quarter they where getting dominated.

That is the same line that got ran over by USCe. However, I did watch that game and that line was not as dominant as you are making it out to be, even when they played Bama. Especially in the 4th quarter they where getting dominated.

You initially said for the 15 years Richt was at UGA, he "always" had a "very porous offensive line." I'm proving you wrong over and over, and you're responding that they weren't "that dominant." You have moved the target my friend. Let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back