Let's keep this into Perspective OBJECTIVELY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll use our two biggest rivals as a comparison, UF went out and settled for Mullen, and while he may end up a very good hire for them the reality is his best season ever was 10-3 and he finished his tenure at MSU with a sub .500 conference record.
FSU then had a "hold my beer" moment and hired Taggert, who has an overall winning percentage of under .500 and was sub .500 at both WKU and USF prior to blowing the doors of at Oregon and leaving with a 7-5 record.

I'll take our situation over theirs every day and twice on Sunday's.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Please don't make anymore threads.
We are definietly headed in the right direction to say the least with recruiting, organization, building relationships, and wins versus losses. Then again we have been whooped by Clemson ( Dabo took it easy on us and could have scored 75 points if he wanted), got beat by Wisconsin in an important bowl game, and forget we had a game against Pitt. We have momentum but UM has a lot to prove and so does Richt as a day game coach.
Reasonable post. Reality is that most posters do not want to read a message that has one iota of negativity.

OL is the thing I am most worried about. That was Richts Achilles heel at UGA. Kirby has recruited more blue chip OL players in his 3 years than Richt landed in his entire career.

No it wasn't.

The O Line was just fine at UGA while Richt was there and a lot of those guys went on to play in the league.

Richt's "Achilles Heel" at UGA was that the 3 highly-recruited QBs he had on the roster in 2015 all stunk in live game action.

Advertisement
When you say Richt has never won a big game, when he won several last year alone, it really doesn’t matter how reasonable the rest of the post was.

OL is the thing I am most worried about. That was Richts Achilles heel at UGA. Kirby has recruited more blue chip OL players in his 3 years than Richt landed in his entire career.

Kirby's OL class last year was insane. We need to start landing more dudes there (Neal would be a nice start)

So far Richt has done exactly what he did at UGA. The big unknown is whether he is capable of getting a program to the elite level.

We are definietly headed in the right direction to say the least with recruiting, organization, building relationships, and wins versus losses. Then again we have been whooped by Clemson ( Dabo took it easy on us and could have scored 75 points if he wanted), got beat by Wisconsin in an important bowl game, and forget we had a game against Pitt. We have momentum but UM has a lot to prove and so does Richt as a day game coach.

Since every teams' goal is the national championship and only one wins it, maybe two if you believe UCF, ALL the other teams needs to do something better. That goes without saying.

What are you suggesting be done besides win?.....because that goes without saying too

Advertisement
No it wasn't.

The O Line was just fine at UGA while Richt was there and a lot of those guys went on to play in the league.

Richt's "Achilles Heel" at UGA was that the 3 highly-recruited QBs he had on the roster in 2015 all stunk in live game action.

False. Golden also sent a bunch of OL guys to the NFL. That is not a good indicator of OL success. Have you watched UGA play under Richt? The OL was always very porous. He signed only 1-2 5 star OL in his career at UGA. Kirby has signed 3 already. Also, just look at the difference between Richts line and what Kirby put on the field last year.

thread of the day, thread of the day

this is thread of the day

False. Golden also sent a bunch of OL guys to the NFL. That is not a good indicator of OL success. Have you watched UGA play under Richt? The OL was always very porous. He signed only 1-2 5 star OL in his career at UGA. Kirby has signed 3 already. Also, just look at the difference between Richts line and what Kirby put on the field last year.

Yeah, I get it. We're comparing Richt's 14 years at UGA of churning out O Linemen and great RBs to Kirby Smart's latest recruiting class that has yet to play a single CFB game.

Reasonable post. Reality is that most posters do not want to read a message that has one iota of negativity.

I guess. He gave us a recap of the end of the season and said the team is headed in the right direction. He just said a bunch of ish that everyone already knows. Thanks OP!

Advertisement
Yeah, I get it. We're comparing Richt's 14 years at UGA of churning out O Linemen and great RBs to Kirby Smart's latest recruiting class that has yet to play a single CFB game.

Did you see what Kirby was able to do with that rag tag line he was left with? Not only did he and his coaches take a very mediocre line and coach them into one of the best in the CFB in 3 years he also created the best line UGA may have ever had.

Did you see what Kirby was able to do with that rag tag line he was left with? Not only did he and his coaches take a very mediocre line and coach them into one of the best in the CFB in 3 years he also created the best line UGA may have ever had.

I'm not so sure that was a "rag tag" line or that it was the best ever at UGA.

I'm more interested in the impact he's had on the defense.

I'll use our two biggest rivals as a comparison, UF went out and settled for Mullen, and while he may end up a very good hire for them the reality is his best season ever was 10-3 and he finished his tenure at MSU with a sub .500 conference record.
FSU then had a "hold my beer" moment and hired Taggert, who has an overall winning percentage of under .500 and was sub .500 at both WKU and USF prior to blowing the doors of at Oregon and leaving with a 14-10 record.

I'll take our situation over theirs every day and twice on Sunday's.
Taggart only coached one season at Oregon. A 7-5 turn in 2017.

Advertisement

Do you have any idea how long Richt was at UGA? They had some monster Oline's while Richt was there. "always very porous"?!?!?!? seriously?

I'm not so sure that was a "rag tag" line or that it was the best ever at UGA.

I'm more interested in the impact he's had on the defense.

I was not talking about defense. I was purely discussing the OL under Richt vs Kirby. Just look at the UGA line year one under Kirby the line was pretty bad. Last year it was the best since I started watching college football in the mid 90s.

Do you have any idea how long Richt was at UGA? They had some monster Oline's while Richt was there. "always very porous"?!?!?!? seriously?

1. Richt has never produced a line that was as good as this years UGA line.
2. The vast majority of Richts lines where not good and relied on his skill positions to overcome to the OL play.
3. Richts best line was loaded with players that where left to him by Donnan.

1. Richt has never produced a line that was as good as this years UGA line.
2. The vast majority of Richts lines where not good and relied on his skill positions to overcome to the OL play.
3. Richts best line was loaded with players that where left to him by Donnan.

You had me going for a minute there. I actually thought you were serious until you brought Donnan into the discussion.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back