Let's Go USA!

I am going to guess the pay scale is different based on the TV contracts. Even if both the men and women get a 40% cut the payouts would be different. The men’s World Cup brings in a lot more. Even if the women negotiated an 80% cut it would still be less money than the men. If the ratings are truly better as some of you say Maybe it will show in the tv contracts in 4 years.

Advertisement
LMAO The USA just won a whole World Cup and you're in this thread going ON AND ON about white house visits and the fabric of our country or wutever the ****. If that ain't triggered I don't know what is.

NOBODY CARES. ENJOY THE TITLE. THIS IS A GREAT DAY. CAPS LOCK.

You call him triggered, but you don't call Rapinoe triggered. Seems a bit hypocritical.

Advertisement
I am going to guess the pay scale is different based on the TV contracts.

Pay scale is determined by FIFA. The US men's team gets the benefit of playing in the men's field of the most popular sport in the world. There isn't as much fanfare for women's soccer as there is for men.

6-12 months of practice is 15 years short of the practice needed to bend the ball accurately and consistently at the highest level.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Shame we will never know.

First rule of questioning someone's expertise is when they say, "I've been doing this for XX years."

My response is often, "you've been doing it this badly for that long? I like the committment."

Theoretical that will never come to pass.

Advertisement
Maybe.

Maybe not.

Shame we will never know.

First rule of questioning someone's expertise is when they say, "I've been doing this for XX years."

My response is often, "you've been doing it this badly for that long? I like the committment."

Theoretical that will never come to pass.

Would be nice to see some empirical data to back up your speculations.

OT...

I've often theorized, given 6-12 months of elite coaching, a team of NFL DBs, WRs, and RBs would destroy the field in world soccer.

Am I wrong? Not that easy?

If all of our DBs, WRs, RBs, Point Guards, Shooting guards, etc. grew up playing soccer we would dominate the world in soccer. It wouldn't even be a close competition. Look at the measurables of "elite" soccer players. These guys can't even begin to measure up to these guys and their foot eye coordination is nothing compared to our elites.

Advertisement
If all of our DBs, WRs, RBs, Point Guards, Shooting guards, etc. grew up playing soccer we would dominate the world in soccer. It wouldn't even be a close competition. Look at the measurables of "elite" soccer players. These guys can't even begin to measure up to these guys and their foot eye coordination is nothing compared to our elites.

That's my theory. And I didn't even think to add basketball.

I don't believe it would take years either, though respect and understand differing thoughts.

I don't believe it would take years either, though respect and understand differing thoughts.

I agree with you that it would be a lot quicker than most people like to admit. I just threw in growing up because it eliminates any and all doubt.

No one with any ounce of brain function could really claim our team wouldn't dominate if they grew up playing the sport instead of basketball and football.

The NBA players even have a leg up in that now they are experts at the flop. They would put even the soccer puzzies to shame with their whining.

Advertisement
Remember when the white house didn't engage in petty internet arguments. I do.

We can play *** for tat all you want. Remember when the press was fair? You might want to get used to it, because there are going to be more Trumps down the line and quite possibly worse.

Probably the best argument too. We can't dominate soccer because our best athletes play football, basketball while the rest of the world grows up playing soccer.

Advertisement
Back