Let's Go USA!

I personally don't give a sh-t about the pay gap issue. I was just calling out how ignorant the "Let the womens team play the mens team for the money"-comment is. Yes, the mens team would beat the womens team if they played. Just like Serena Williams would get worked if she played Roger Federer. Amanda Nunes would get destroyed by Jon Jones. Diana Taurasi could never be as impactful on a basketball court as Michael Jordan was. And no female swimmer will ever match Michael Phelps swimming times. You mean there is a biological difference between men and women phsyically? Oh my, what a revelation, stop the press!

The USWNT doesnt play men, they play other women. And they dominate them. Meanwhile, the USMNT plays other mens teams and they blow. Now I passionately support both and enjoy watching both play. And there are very clear reasons why the American women are able to perform so much better than the mens side. But this talking about is just so dumb, it reveals sheer ignorance.

You actually get the point.

Although the men's team is so awful I'm not certain they could actually beat the women.

Advertisement
Now the Copa America Final at 4pm.
USMNT Gold Cup Final at 9pm.
****, the Heat summer league too.

For July, there's a lot of good sports happening.
I CAN DIG IT. CAPS LOCK.

OT...

I've often theorized, given 6-12 months of elite coaching, a team of NFL DBs, WRs, and RBs would destroy the field in world soccer.

Am I wrong? Not that easy?

Advertisement
FC Dallas U15 team is world champs!!! Beating the USA women’s team 5-2

Advertisement
OT...

I've often theorized, given 6-12 months of elite coaching, a team of NFL DBs, WRs, and RBs would destroy the field in world soccer.

Am I wrong? Not that easy?
I don't think they could come even remotely close under that scenario. Beating our current USMNT team? That's a different story, but still probably not. But they wouldn't be able to even compete for 90mins vs a side like France or Germany or Spain, etc. In most countries, kids start honing soccer skills at the same time they learn to walk. You can't get skilled with a soccer ball like a Ronaldinho or an Mbappe in one year's time.

But on a somewhat similar point... if all of our best athletes (like those NFL DBs and WR you mentioned) went into soccer as young kids instead of football, basketball and baseball, yes, I think the US would be a world power in soccer.

I don't think they could come even remotely close under that scenario. Beating our current USMNT team? That's a different story, but still probably not. But they wouldn't be able to even compete for 90mins vs a side like France or Germany or Spain, etc. In most countries, kids start honing soccer skills at the same time they learn to walk. You can't get skilled with a soccer ball like a Ronaldinho or an Mbappe in one year's time.

But on a somewhat similar point... if all of our best athletes (like those NFL DBs and WR you mentioned) went into soccer as young kids instead of football, basketball and baseball, yes, I think the US would be a world power in soccer.

Fair enough. I was thinking they [NFL] are on another level of athletic talent that would win the day given proper preparation.

Advertisement
I feel like the USA women’s team should always win and if they don’t its an embarrassment. The US takes care of its women more than any other country. Maybe I’m off her but I don’t think I am when u look at the money we put into the national team compared to other countries.

Swag

Attachments

• IMG_20190707_104421.jpg
    IMG_20190707_104421.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 12
Advertisement
Not many teams are able to win back to back world cups and they just became the second women’s team to do so. Y’all in here talking bout some other stupid **** besides being proud of and happy for the US women’s team winning.

I feel like the USA women’s team should always win and if they don’t its an embarrassment. The US takes care of its women more than any other country. Maybe I’m off her but I don’t think I am when u look at the money we put into the national team compared to other countries.
Definitely some truth to that. Though some other countries have started investing much more heavily in womens soccer development, so I think you'll see more and more parity moving forward. But THE reason we are so good in womens soccer is because many of our best female athletes go into the sport from a young age. On the men's side, they only get the leftovers after football, basketball and baseball. And even then, the youth system is so cost prohibitive that many athletic kids who may have an interest are not able to play and develop. There was a point in time where like 80%+ of the players on the USMNT were rich white kids from the new england area. That's changed somewhat, but it's still an issue.

We don't beat them enough - so that's probably why we occasionally lose games.

Motivation. Gotta give them the proper - motivation. Scheduled and unscheduled beatings lift morale.

Advertisement
Back