Let's Define Pro Style Offense And Richt's Version

I'm starting to hear a lot about our receivers not getting separation.

When did it become such a problem for two future NFL receivers in Coley and Richards to get separation at the college level?

How come Njoku got all kinds of separation last year and apparently get any this year? Did he get slower and weaker?

I dont know what other people saw but we were getting separation against FSU, even berrios was, so yea dont know what those people are saying

Advertisement

When did it become such a problem for two future NFL receivers in Coley and Richards to get separation at the college level?

How come Njoku got all kinds of separation last year and apparently get any this year? Did he get slower and weaker?

Its because posters need excuses why we were so bad vs FSU and don't want to assign blame to Richt.

I'll give you credit ... You've been anti-Richt since before he was hired.

So, are you hoping to be proven right about Richt's inability to get us to the next level? Or, are you the guy that's gonna be "happy to be proven wrong and eat crow"?

(Answer Key: Neither are good options)

But keep knocking Richt in every thread. If he doesn't get it done, and "your team" stays irrelevant, at least you were "right".

When your QB has less time in the pocket, your WRs have less time to gain separation downfield.

Coley and Richards did get open against FSU at times - underneath routes only (slants).

Notice that when we played App St (and they couldn't immediately get to our QB) we hit plays downfield, and TE over the middle for a TD.

Gonna take a few years unfortunately to get it to an elite level though. And it has nothing to do with our skill position players.

Agree

Its because posters need excuses why we were so bad vs FSU and don't want to assign blame to Richt.

Exactly.

Advertisement
Richt calling plays in 2005 with DJ Shockley at QB

This looks nothing like the **** Richt is forced to run this year with our crappy OL and statue QB.

Wheel routes, TEs down the seam, fake reverses, deep posts, QB off tackle run

[video=youtube;Syu8jx_BA94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syu8jx_BA94[/video]

N'Kosi running that offense, my body is ready

Is it true that posters don’t want to assign blame to Richt? If so, what is our basis to assign blame? Can we honestly say that we have seen Richt’s offense? Does anyone really know what pro style system he is actually running? And if so, what team up to this point has forced Richt’s hand to open up his play book? If you haven’t seen the playbook then how can you say that you understand the offense well enough to determine that you need an OC change?

When was the last time a coach created an offense around a college kid without the tools to run an NFL offense? 1979. Bill Walsh was going nowhere with Steve Deberg in a pro style offense. Joe Montana was too small and lacked the arm to succeed in the pro style, so he created the West Coast Offense and the rest is history.

We don’t have that problem at QB. Kayaa has all the tools needed to run a pro style offense. Our problem is on the OL. We all know that. The question for now is how innovative is Richt and Searels when it comes to blocking schemes and concepts with less talented OL players?

Is it true that posters don’t want to assign blame to Richt? If so, what is our basis to assign blame? Can we honestly say that we have seen Richt’s offense? Does anyone really know what pro style system he is actually running? And if so, what team up to this point has forced Richt’s hand to open up his play book? If you haven’t seen the playbook then how can you say that you understand the offense well enough to determine that you need an OC change?

When was the last time a coach created an offense around a college kid without the tools to run an NFL offense? 1979. Bill Walsh was going nowhere with Steve Deberg in a pro style offense. Joe Montana was too small and lacked the arm to succeed in the pro style, so he created the West Coast Offense and the rest is history.

We don’t have that problem at QB. Kayaa has all the tools needed to run a pro style offense. Our problem is on the OL. We all know that. The question for now is how innovative is Richt and Searels when it comes to blocking schemes and concepts with less talented OL players?

I appreciate you taking some time to run through those pro style variations and pose some interesting questions. I agree that nobody knows what's in Richt's playbook, but there isn't a lot of slack given around here. People are (rightly) ****ed about last weekends game and want to blame somebody. The two most high profile people are the coach and QB, so who do you think the finger gets pointed at? As for me, I think most of the blame goes to the OL, then Richt for not figuring out some **** to mask the OL deficiencies. Kayaa looked off, but I imagine getting his bell rung the first play of the game didn't help in that regard. Basically (unfortunately) all of the offensive players and coaches need to do better if we're going to have the success we'd all like to see. Hopefully that happens this year.

Advertisement
I was at the YMCA last night.

After the wrestling workout we hit the showers and let me tell you.....Life is a tough dig.

Richt should have kept Coley as OC, and Coley sucked, that's how bad Richt is. Just put Kaaya in the gun and let him play pitch and catch. How hard is that?

Advertisement
Richt should have kept Coley as OC, and Coley sucked, that's how bad Richt is. Just put Kaaya in the gun and let him play pitch and catch. How hard is that?

And Ga fans want Coley gone because WRs are not getting any separation for Eason to throw to.to.

James Coley is not an architect, he is not an implementer. James Coley is a.....you know. He directed Jimbo Fisher’s offense so to speak.

Who else was an architect that Richt could have consulted with? James Coley does not have a big name QB on his resume. Mark Richt has eight drafted QB’s. Under Richt’s, watch (1990-2000) as the program’s quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator, the Seminoles captured two national championships and a pair of passers Charlie Ward and Chris Weinke won the Heisman Trophy.

Mark Richt QB’s In NFL Draft:

Casey Weldon (FSU), Brad Johnson (FSU), Danny Kanell (FSU), Chris Weinke (FSU), David Greene (GA), D.J. Shockley (GA), Matthew Stafford (GA), Aaron Murray (GA)

The Keys To This Discussion:

• Understanding what is a Pro Style Offense.
• Understand what Richt is asking the QB (Kayaa) to do.
• Understand what you are actually seeing when you watch the offense on the field.
• Understand why the principles and concepts of the extensions are so important to learn and takes so long to master.

What The Fan Base Has To Do:

The Fan base has to forget everything that you hear about RPO’s, pure spread zone read and spread option using the option "kiddie college offenses". You are not going to see this with Kayaa as the QB. However, if N’Kosi comes and his tools are as advertised, as one poster wrote “oohhwee”!

When you get past the panic phase and you have the understanding of the five extensions of the pro set you will then have the knowledge needed to understand just how deadly this pro style offense will be. Keep in mind that it takes 10 to 14 starts for a QB to master the pro style offense and Kayaa has five. If we get Kayaa back for a second season and allow the future QB’s and OL to learn another year – look out!

Look what happened when an NFL team borrowed ideas from a college team...the current NE juggernaut. It goes back to my original question is Richt an architect, implementer or both?

After five games Richt has shown all five of the extensions of the pro set. These are the five basic principles that Richt’s QB’s have to master. This is the foundation.

Last edited:

This crossed my mind this morning when I woke up, I was wondering what itd be like if Coley was the OC and had Richt for input on plays

Advertisement
Richt calling plays in 2005 with DJ Shockley at QB

This looks nothing like the **** Richt is forced to run this year with our crappy OL and statue QB.

Wheel routes, TEs down the seam, fake reverses, deep posts, QB off tackle run

[video=youtube;Syu8jx_BA94]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Syu8jx_BA94[/video]

N'Kosi running that offense, my body is ready

I cant wait for Perry to get here

Rich Rodriguez, Mike Leach, Dana Holgorsen, Urban Meyer, and Chris Petersen are all considered the premier offensive masterminds of today's college football. Now that Mark Richt has full control of his offense is he making his case as another offensive mastermind of today’s college football?

Rich Rodriguez, Mike Leach, Dana Holgorsen, Urban Meyer, and Chris Petersen are all considered the premier offensive masterminds of today's college football. Now that Mark Richt has full control of his offense is he making his case as another offensive mastermind of today’s college football?

:jordan:

You guys need to get with present. We are not getting CMR pre 2010. Hes old and hasn't called plays in a decade. Hes lost his feel for the offense.

Advertisement
Back