Let’s talk wide receivers

You could see this TVD thing coming if you were being realistic

To no avail I tried to pump the brakes on him all off-season. I love the kid and his game but sending him off to the pros and giving him a Heisman was absurd

When you’re a one read QB in a simple offense that loses a guy that bailed you and the OC out repeatedly last year, you’re going to have a lot of growing pains

It’s not even just Gattis and the offense. TVD only played a few games last year and now there’s plenty of tape on him. Despite what people want to think, our offense was not hard to defend last year

The good news is I know TVD is supremely talented, has a strong head on his shoulders, and is a tireless worker

I expect him to be a lot better

Advertisement
You could see this TVD thing coming if you were being realistic

To no avail I tried to pump the brakes on him all off-season. I love the kid and his game but sending him off to the pros and giving him a Heisman was absurd

When you’re a one read QB in a simple offense that loses a guy that bailed you and the OC out repeatedly last year, you’re going to have a lot of growing pains

It’s not even just Gattis and the offense. TVD only played a few games last year and now there’s plenty of tape on him. Despite what people want to think, our offense was not hard to defend last year

The good news is I know TVD is supremely talented, has a strong head on his shoulders, and is a tireless worker

I expect him to be a lot better
Naa he's better than CJ Stroud and Bryce Young. CIS told me so.

yeah Brady keeps on rocking even when he loses his best WR, or is basically playing with no names. Our guy was nowhere near the college version.
But do we win the game if X was playing? Hard to say but we are not good at passing without him right now.
100%

Advertisement
That’s why I was skeptical with bringing in a OC like Gattis. The same **** happened with Enos, any OC that wants to run a pro style and complex attack at Miami should be fired immediately. I went to the first spring game with Enos and 80% of the players were lost and having to be guided to their spots by position coaches. This years spring game wasn’t as bad but the offense was boring and slow as fck. No explosion whatsoever.

Gattis is a great OC and coach no doubt, but he’s definitely not a fit here in my opinion. At Miami, it should be a no brainer to run a simple spread yet balanced offense predicated on space and speed. We were clamoring for the spread for a decade and we finally got a glimpse of its effectiveness last year when King went down and Lashlee decided to let TVD air it out. We were winning games by simply outscoring our opponents. Now when Mario comes in everyone suddenly forgets about it and decides to give Mario the benefit of the doubt just because. I’m just letting y’all know now, this offense will not be very good and expect the defense to carry the team. Thankfully we have an outstanding QB, because if it wasn’t for that we would really be doomed.
🤔

Read Stephen Colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jacolby George finally being that post-hype 3rd year WR that actually delivers on promise is a nice change of pace from the Jeremiah Paytons and Romello Brinsons of the world that fail to deliver post-hype.

Scratched off that lotto ticket and won a couple of bucks. Nice.

The exciting thing is all three will likely be back next year. If TVD decides to come back, our offense will be even scarier next year.

Advertisement
Back