Let’s talk wide receivers

I think them Flawda boys show up when the lights are bright.. I’m not worried.. “yet” lol

Advertisement
Context matters.

They scored 20 “offensive points” in the first half

- 3 points starting at our own 47 because of a 20 yard punt
- 7 points due to a field goal blocked, broke a 50 yd run on 2nd and 15.
- 7 points due to Feagles’ 34 yard punt, started close to midfield.
- 3 points due to Feagles’ 22 yard punt, again they started near midfield.

Should have been 10-3 at half at worst. They were not a good team, but we were an abomination. Miss me with that “they kicked our a$$” comment, we kicked our own a$$.
Forgot how atrocious Feagles was. **** that guy and Uber at that stadium (2 hours to get one at Jerry World).

Gotcha. I don’t think Miami can’t win, I just don’t expect it. Here’s what I see:

1) Significant home field advantage in a night game. Team beat Bama last year in a similar scenario.

2) Third game under a completely new staff. While a huge improvement from the previous admin, it takes time for all of those changes to reach critical effectiveness. Game 3 is not it, especially on offense.

3) Heavily reliance on new/unproven players. I think the DL will be vastly improved, maybe top 5-10 in the nation, but it’s still their third game together. I think think the CBs will improve, less dramatically, still haven’t seen it yet. WRs will have to play at a level we don’t even know they can.

4) Opponent’s top end talent and overall depth. Jimbo has been building this thing for years. I still think he’s a corch, but he's got his best roster ever at TAMU. Even if they were coming here that’s not something we can overcome easily. I think they have more proven skill players than us, they have a deeper OL than us, and a deeper DL. Hard to win away with that.

5) TAMU has great return guys. We’ve historically struggled to cover PR/KR. One TD here could swing the game or multiple 30-50 yard returns could as well.

There are reasons to think we could win too. QB, Jimbo’s a corch, Steele ain’t scared, their style isn’t prone to pulling away early and that will help us. But I do not expect a win.
I can't argue with any of that but we have a wild card we haven't had in this kind of game for many years..

A QB. And if he's the kind of QB we think he might be, who has his name finish up there with the all time greats, we may have a better chance than people think.

Gotcha. I don’t think Miami can’t win, I just don’t expect it. Here’s what I see:

1) Significant home field advantage in a night game. Team beat Bama last year in a similar scenario.

2) Third game under a completely new staff. While a huge improvement from the previous admin, it takes time for all of those changes to reach critical effectiveness. Game 3 is not it, especially on offense.

3) Heavily reliance on new/unproven players. I think the DL will be vastly improved, maybe top 5-10 in the nation, but it’s still their third game together. I think think the CBs will improve, less dramatically, still haven’t seen it yet. WRs will have to play at a level we don’t even know they can.

4) Opponent’s top end talent and overall depth. Jimbo has been building this thing for years. I still think he’s a corch, but he's got his best roster ever at TAMU. Even if they were coming here that’s not something we can overcome easily. I think they have more proven skill players than us, they have a deeper OL than us, and a deeper DL. Hard to win away with that.

5) TAMU has great return guys. We’ve historically struggled to cover PR/KR. One TD here could swing the game or multiple 30-50 yard returns could as well.

There are reasons to think we could win too. QB, Jimbo’s a corch, Steele ain’t scared, their style isn’t prone to pulling away early and that will help us. But I do not expect a win.
Man, fck A&M. Since when have they ever been ****? Yeah- they got some talent, but it’s young, unproven talent too? I’m just over being “afraid” of some bullsh1t *** team because the SEC or ESPN tells me I’m supposed to be afraid of them?!?! Foohwtbs🤨 And furthermore, isn’t this why we brought in the staff we have???? To fck’g win games like this one?!?! No excuses, hit these motherfckas in Dey mouf and don’t let up!

Advertisement
I can't argue with any of that but we have a wild card we haven't had in this kind of game for many years..

A QB. And if he's the kind of QB we think he might be, who has his name finish up there with the all time greats, we may have a better chance than people think.
Agreed

A&M is gonna be rocking though. They’ve been sucking themselves off for about a year now.

I think our D is going to be much much more physical this year so I feel like they will keep us in the game if the young playmakers struggle to start the game

Keep it close early and TVD will do his thing

There's 30 pages, and I haven't gone through them and you very well could have talked about this, but from what I heard Jacolby George will be one of the players who might be suspended, and struggling off the field.

Agreed

A&M is gonna be rocking though. They’ve been sucking themselves off for about a year now.

I think our D is going to be much much more physical this year so I feel like they will keep us in the game if the young playmakers struggle to start the game

Keep it close early and TVD will do his thing
Come out with CONFIDENCE and SWAGGER- you know…the **** we’re kinda known for?!?! These pu$$ies are not that confident-trust me. If we come out aggressive but disciplined, these ***kers will straight lay down in their own house! Come out with that scared, timid, dropping easy passes ****?-we get run out of the club yet AGAIN! This is where Mario will come in. We’ve heard it for years- “team takes on the persona of the coach”. If we come out with that scary ****, Mario ain’t that guy. Simple. If we come out and ***kg COMPETE-win or lose, we most likely have our guy. Win this ***** or lose a close, great game-Mario will get absolutely whomever he wants on the trail. Can’t negative recruit against what kids have seen with their own eyes.

Come out with CONFIDENCE and SWAGGER- you know…the **** we’re kinda known for?!?! These pu$$ies are not that confident-trust me. If we come out aggressive but disciplined, these ***kers will straight lay down in their own house! Come out with that scared, timid, dropping easy passes ****?-we get run out of the club yet AGAIN! This is where Mario will come in. We’ve heard it for years- “team takes on the persona of the coach”. If we come out with that scary ****, Mario ain’t that guy. Simple. If we come out and ***kg COMPETE-win or lose, we most likely have our guy. Win this ***** or lose a close, great game-Mario will get absolutely whomever he wants on the trail. Can’t negative recruit against what kids have seen with their own eyes.
This post is awesome if you read it in Hulk Hogan's voice.

Advertisement
He was asked to throw the ball 24 times and he only completed 11 of those passes. Nobody was going to rely on him.

2018 Burrow threw for under 200 yards 7 times that season. You need to separate 2018 Burrow from 2019 Burrow because they might as well be two different human beings.
Isn’t it crazy how a terrible offense can ruin the #1 overall pick in the draft?

There's 30 pages, and I haven't gone through them and you very well could have talked about this, but from what I heard Jacolby George will be one of the players who might be suspended, and struggling off the field.

It's been discussed. I'm actually surprised more kids aren't out for Game 1. New regime taking over rotten culture. I guess the portal solves a lot of those problems. But still, in most openers in the past 20 years, it's a handful of guys.

The concern was that he didn't do it consistently. The difference between good and great is how much you improve on weaknesses. He was good last year but everyone here myself included expects him to be great this year.
Bump

you stated a potential concern with TVD. I gave an example opposite of that view. But in all honestly, are we really doing this when TVD was 66% with 20 TDs to 3 Int in the second half of the year. Kid appears to be the sole of the team. Instead, of being concerned, let's get freakin pumped for the opportunity this team has in front of it. Will they let us down at some point, likely, but for now lets get pumped!
Be sure to give me more spot on analysis.

Advertisement
What?
We do have one of the best QB’s in college football. He isn’t Brady but we also won’t face any NFL defenses. The comparison does not mean Restrepo/TVD are as good as Walker/Brady, but it does mean that they are the equivalent at a lower level of football.
We effectively have the college version of Welker/Brady or so the argument goes. I think it’s an incredibly appropriate comparison as to how I believe Restrepo will be used, how productive I expect he will be, and how often our very, very, very good college QB will target Restrepo.

why not?
@AtlAtty 👀

yeah Brady keeps on rocking even when he loses his best WR, or is basically playing with no names. Our guy was nowhere near the college version.
But do we win the game if X was playing? Hard to say but we are not good at passing without him right now.

Unbelievable to go against Tamus 3rd and 4th string and STILL not be able to separate

Two portal WRs at minimum…. I don’t care if we sign innis and hykeem we can gamble again with such **** poor production

Advertisement

Crazy how right you were

Advertisement
Back