Let’s talk wide receivers

Or, follow me here, people who are expecting miracles should acknowledge that’s what they’re doing. It’s cool to go into the season with high hopes, but as usual people here are expecting the moon and mocking anyone who has the nerve to point out the teams weaknesses.
You cleaned that up nicely for me. Appreciate it!

Advertisement
Wait a second.

That 2018 Miami team finished 105th in the country on offense. Your QB is Rosier, your RB is DJ Dallas, and your best receiver is Jeff Thomas (once Ahmmon went down). I'm not here to say we're going to beat anybody but it's highly unlikely we have the offensive struggles that team had.
Thomas was the only dude who showed up that day
He was roasting those guys
Rosier was just so bad
And we lost mostly bc of feagles

Advertisement
Thread topic is WR's ... read that Jacolby George might be suspended for the first two games ... any "insiders" have any confirmation? Cause? Will he stay or leave? This is a guy that reportedly has potential if he is willing to work and develop his skills.

Advertisement
I totally forgot about that. That was another massive reason we fell behind so quickly. Feagles first 3 punts went:

20 yards - To the Miami 47, LSU FG
34 yards - To the LSU 42, LSU TD
22 yards - To the LSU 44, LSU FG

They were getting the ball at midfield every time. That was all in 1.5 quarters.
Fans underestimate the importance of ST until a guy like that comes along.

TVD yesterday said the WRs have worked through most of their drops issues. He called out Brashard as being a special talent.

So far we’ve heard good things about Restrepo, B Smith and Redding in terms of improved consistency. Let’s hope Brinson, George, K Smith and Ladson join them over the next two weeks. Jury is still out on the Juco transfer as far as I can tell.

1661963710791.png

Meaning: He'll be rotating that water this week.

Advertisement
Gotcha. I think the mood vs TAMU is drastically different than the mood vs LSU. That one was “how do we lose?” this is “how can we win?” Personally I also don’t expect to win, so maybe I’m weighting my bias into the weather vane.
Our defensive level of talent and physicality (by accounts) has improved along with a revamped coaching-staff, and we'll have an elite returning QB; so how will we lose?

Last edited:
Advertisement
TVD yesterday said the WRs have worked through most of their drops issues. He called out Brashard as being a special talent.

So far we’ve heard good things about Restrepo, B Smith and Redding in terms of improved consistency. Let’s hope Brinson, George, K Smith and Ladson join them over the next two weeks. Jury is still out on the Juco transfer as far as I can tell.
Wait!! So you're telling me there has been improvements since the start of camp? I don't believe it!

And I mean this with the highest level of sarcasm to all the fans who wrote this group off based on a spring game and the 10 minute viewing portions of practice

Great post (I know I am late here...)

Why does this remind me of 2019 when the players complained that Dan Enos' offense was too complicated, and ran him out of town? I don't think Gattis will be ran outa town or anything, but I thought Enos ran a similar offense, with a lot of motion and power, and the players on the outside really did not grasp it well.
Night and day. Enos was way more under center as his play action was slow developing straight drop backs. With Gattis you'll see a much more modern look - lots of gun and pistol and quick PA reads.

Advertisement
Back